10-K Usairways Group

IIRC, didn't US end up with 2 or 3 757's from ATA?
Indirectly, 3 of them. But they were operated by another carrier between ATA and US. I think that all or nearly all of ATA's planes were leased but could be wrong. So they were leased to someone else after ATA, then finally leased to US when the other carrier's leases expired. Really, all WN wanted was the MDW gates but since ATA was in chapter 7 bankruptcy (or it may have been prior to converting from 11 too 7) they got everything cheap.

Jim

Indirectly, 3 of them. But they were operated by another carrier between ATA and US. I think that all or nearly all of ATA's planes were leased but could be wrong. So they were leased to someone else after ATA, then finally leased to US when the other carrier's leases expired. Really, all WN wanted was the MDW gates but since ATA was in chapter 7 bankruptcy (or it may have been prior to converting from 11 too 7) they got everything cheap.

Jim

They did some code sharing with ATA to Hawaii as well.

HP? I'll take your word for it, but it would explain the start of HP's Hawaiian service in 2004 - lose the code-share carrier so start their own.

Jim

No ATA and WN

HP/US has a code share with Hawaiian to this very day IIRC. No I'm gonna go look :D

I'm having a hard time figuring out what this
They did some code sharing with ATA to Hawaii as well.
has to do with this
No ATA and WN

HP/US has a code share with Hawaiian to this very day IIRC. No I'm gonna go look :D

I thought you meant that pre-merger HP code-shared with HA from the mainland to/from HI. They did with ATA, and tried to buy ATA when it was in bankruptcy but were outbid by WN. That ended the code-share but pre-merger HP started HI service about the same time or not long after not getting ATA.

I do think that post-merger US code-shares with HA on inter-island flights. I don't remember pre-merger US code-sharing with HA to/from HI, but with *A partner UA they didn't need to - but I could definitely be wrong.

Jim

FYI, Doug Has never sold a single share of his stock. That speaks volumes IMHO.
Looks like Doug Parker disposed of 272,350 shares on Aug 1 and Aug 2, 2006:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=196799&p=irol-SECText&TEXT=aHR0cDovL2lyLmludC53ZXN0bGF3YnVzaW5lc3MuY29tL2RvY3VtZW50L3YxLzAwMDEyMDkxOTEtMDYtMDQ0Mjc1L3htbC9zdWJkb2N1bWVudC8xL3BhZ2UvMQ%3d%3d

Technically, you're correct. He didn't sell a single share; he sold 272,350 shares.

In the interest of fairness I found this.

Doug, in poker parlance is indeed "All in". What's more interesting is the other three who aren't "All In". This tells me something, only trouble is I'm not sure what it tells me.
Nope. He's not "all in." Your research didn't cover 2006, the year I earlier identified as the year in which it appeared that Parker's holdings declined.

Looks like Doug Parker disposed of 272,350 shares on Aug 1 and Aug 2, 2996:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=196799&p=irol-SECText&TEXT=aHR0cDovL2lyLmludC53ZXN0bGF3YnVzaW5lc3MuY29tL2RvY3VtZW50L3YxLzAwMDEyMDkxOTEtMDYtMDQ0Mjc1L3htbC9zdWJkb2N1bWVudC8xL3BhZ2UvMQ%3d%3d

Technically, you're correct. He didn't sell a single share; he sold 272,350 shares.

Nope. He's not "all in." Your research didn't cover 2006, the year I earlier identified as the year in which it appeared that Parker's holdings declined.

I know I couldn't find everything post merger. I don't know if it matters that executives exercise their Stock Options or not. What does trouble me is it seems like US has made financial moves designed to pump up the short term number perhaps at the expense of long term growth and profitability. In some ways it looks as if the Balance Sheet is being "Buffed" to facilitate a merger. I just don't trust them and I question their motives.

Well here's one more whip mark on the dead horse!

For all of 2011, Spirit earned $76.4 million, or $1.43 per share, up 6 percent compared with net income of $72.5 million, or $2.72 per share, in 2010. Spirit had twice the number of shares outstanding last year.

Revenue rose 37 percent to $1.07 billion from $781.3 million.
More