100% of Friday CLT Flights Have Been CNX'd

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
BY ELY PORTILLO
[email protected]

American Airlines said Thursday that it is canceling all flights to and from Charlotte on Friday because of an expected winter storm.

The airline is completing all of its outbound flights Thursday evening, and won’t leave any aircraft overnight at Charlotte Douglas because of an anticipated 1/2 inch of ice. Ice on airplane wings is a major hazard, and deicing planes is a costly and time-consuming operation.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article55851915.html?ref=yfp#storylink=cpy

Title should have read 100% of American Flights..Sorry for being misleading.

Great...that means Tule is stuck with Sully for awhile. Not a very good people person ..same as his sidekick J. Johnson. Both arguing to keep the breakrooms overstuffed as many work groups and Hgr 3/4 shifts to fit in a break room that only holds half the crew during breaks. They have 4 break rooms available but only want the crew to use one. Almost half the crew standing room only. Job assignments are barely understood due to all the commotion. Sully and Johnson has Green and Brown so scared that even though just recently other work groups have decided to use the unused breakrooms and Brown & Green are scared they'll get in trouble for the different work groups changing breakrooms. DRAAMA. 3/4 are their work areas so what difference does it make? Anyways I'm off my soapbox now. Wish Sully was snowed in Charlotte. Too many wimps scared of this person. I've never seen so many crybabies in management in my life.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard that in addition to cancelling all AA CLT flights today (Friday), AA is cancelling many/most/all of the PHL schedule tomorrow (Saturday). Any truth to that rumour?

lpbrian said:
you're sure sticking to the topic.
And the forum god has spoken..pfffft. As far as I'm concerned Sully is from Charlotte and stuck in Tulsa (as stated in my post). Thanks for playing forum police though. Wouldn't wan't to go off topic. Now you can post the same in every topic on these boards.

Reactions: 3 people
yes FWAA   our station mgr had a meeting yesterday and she told us this morning that all ops are being suspended thru 12pm Sun  subject to change     the snow storm has a large swath of area for up to 3 plus give or take  from DC to NY   and we were told NY operations too were being suspended

robbedagain said:
yes FWAA   our station mgr had a meeting yesterday and she told us this morning that all ops are being suspended thru 12pm Sun  subject to change     the snow storm has a large swath of area for up to 3 plus give or take  from DC to NY   and we were told NY operations too were being suspended

'robbed,.............Suck-up ALL that free pay  !
PS, snow shoveling is NOT in your TWU job description !!

Stay safe and warm everyone. 

question, how does it work for the maintenance side if you can't get to work at AA? Honest question because I imagine its different than non-union Delta.