12/25 Christmas " B S ". Know the REAL TRUTH !!

Actually, many people give a damn about it. Not me necessarily, but that is the problem with us and our media/society as a whole. Just because it does not make it into your twitter feed or Facebook page, does not mean that is not very important to a large segment of our society.

The more we all recognize that, the better off we will be.

With the tools availed us with these websites, we are able to block all who don't agree with our POV. That is not healthy.

I am guilty of utilizing this. I do it mostly due to violent threats or just insolent rants, rather than constructive dialogue or discourse.

I am trying to do better.

Thanx
Actually, many people give a damn about it. Not me necessarily, but that is the problem with us and our media/society as a whole. Just because it does not make it into your twitter feed or Facebook page, does not mean that is not very important to a large segment of our society.

With the tools availed us with these websites, we are able to block all who don't agree with our POV. That is not healthy.

I am guilty of utilizing this. I do it mostly due to violent threats or just insolent rants, rather than constructive dialogue or discourse.

Thanx Glenn, for some 'back-up'.

Turning the microscope up on christianity, I'm SURE that 'they' were pissed when they were first a little 'start up' religion being OVERSHADOWED by paganism !
But, Now that they're the AMAZON of religions, It's BLASPHEMY for any 'pagan' to question them. (I guess that goes for Jews/Hindus/Muslims and Buddhists too). Since Christians are the Largest sect, then they MUST be right. (I doubt BMW thinks FORD makes the BEST product) As I said earlier, FANTASY is an 'interesting' state of mind. If Immaculate Conception floats your boat, GO - FOR - IT !!!!
'GOD JUL' (It's Norwegian, look it up) !!

So why are you so concerned? We'll do our thing! You do yours! But why is it you, and other atheists,
get so up tight when we practice our faith? We're not forcing our beliefs on you. If you don't want to observe Christmas, don't! But don't get into my face because I believe differently. What I, and other Christians, believe is no skin off your backside!

Seriously, why do you think someone gives a damn about it. Do people also give a damn about the dates of other religion's celebrations? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Thanx

Turning the microscope up on christianity, I'm SURE that 'they' were pissed when they were first a little 'start up' religion being OVERSHADOWED by paganism !
But, Now that they're the AMAZON of religions, It's BLASPHEMY for any 'pagan' to question them. (I guess that goes for Jews/Hindus/Muslims and Buddhists too). Since Christians are the Largest sect, then they MUST be right. (I doubt BMW thinks FORD makes the BEST product) As I said earlier, FANTASY is an 'interesting' state of mind. If Immaculate Conception floats your boat, GO - FOR - IT !!!!
Hey Bears, do you need a "safe space" from the macro aggressions of Christians?

So why are you so concerned? We'll do our thing! You do yours! But why is it you, and other atheists,
get so up tight when we practice our faith? We're not forcing our beliefs on you. If you don't want to observe Christmas, don't! But don't get into my face because I believe differently. What I, and other Christians, believe is no skin off your backside!

Exactly! If people like bears want to worship a pile of cow manure, out in a pasture, so be it......It's called freedom of religion....don't like it? Tough sh!t!

Also enjoy certain people here, bashing Christianity at every opportunity, yet giving other religions a free pass!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

" violent threats"? Aren't we being a little dramatic?

I can't speak for Q, but I have received explicit threats of physical violence on other pages. It is what it is.

I'll also be celebrating the Winter Solstice. For Christmas itself, 12/24 is more important to me, but to each his own.

Thanx

mf_boff.gif

Hope you have a 'happy the day the earths axis points more towards the sun and the days start to get longer day'.

I can't speak for Q, but I have received explicit threats of physical violence on other pages. It is what it is.

I haven't on this forum, but have on another social media platform from an anonymous Trump enthusiast. I just report/block/ignore and move on. I can only imagine what some of the media folks get.

Happy Festivus!

Who cares about the correct date, since there's no way of knowing anyway? One can't argue with the concept of "Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward men" regardless of how much of a Quixotic dream that is. ;)