2.0 Brazil Hangar (STAY ON TOPIC)

What are the doing on heavy checks, once all of your MD80's are gone, and what engines our your guys getting in place of the Pratt and Witney 200s, are you guys going your own CF Leap engine maintenance, or is G.E. going to do those engines for you ?
How about it Metal mover, do you know?

Brazil isn't exactly known for their environmental laws.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some work shifted to GRU that is difficult to do in the US, i.e. paint and parts cleaning.

I
Brazil isn't exactly known for their environmental laws.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some work shifted to GRU that is difficult to do in the US, i.e. paint and parts cleaning.
It comes down to cost, whatever union you guys have, you try to keep work in house, but then you realize you have to trade something to get something.

It's amazing you can do all kinds of work in house, and produce a superior product that will fly heavy check to heavy check, saving all kinds of money in downtime. But some bean counter thinks the company can save money contracting something out , and spend more money trying to fix what the contractor screwed up.Also part of the problem is the next generation of mechanics coming behind us, they will either have to import them, or contract it out, because the young people now days thinks something is wrong to work with your hands sad !

Also part of the problem is the next generation of mechanics coming behind us, they will either have to import them, or contract it out, because the young people now days thinks something is wrong to work with your hands sad !
Truth.

Our youth think that working with your hands is a dead end job. In some cases I can see their point of view. Many blue collar jobs, taken at face value, have no upward mobility. You retire doing the same thing as the day you started.

Mike Rowe and Adam Savage have been campaigning and showing "blue collar" success stories and how "blue collar" work can lead to opportunites. Maybe over time attitudes will shift.

Yea, building hangers in other countries and closing hangers in USA, the writing is on the wall, I heard full moons have a effect on overnight maintenance like, a lot of start flights don’t make it, lots of out of service aircraft, etc, I’m just saying, stand up grow some. It is our last stand for the younger generation. Work by the book it’s our best tool. Terminal crew chiefs on days and afts not bad down here, on the other hand, HANGER crew chiefs, must be something in the H2O, or the Mia heat getting to their head what a bunch of company ahh let’s say different (kiss,kiss,kiss),poop hits the fan you back in your toolbox, if you have any, I will welcome you with a smile. Karma is a *****.

Last edited: