2007 Q7 or 2007 Tahoe?

Beancounter

Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Just curious, does anyone have any experience with either vehicle? 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 V6 premium or 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3 Flex fuel engine. My wife and I just looked at both today. I need a break from posting about labor issues. Any thoughts?

Not too sure about either of them but have you considered a diesel? Audi is coming out with a diesel I believe. Mercedes has a a diesel ML and GL. They make substantially ore torque and make better mileage then their gas counter parts. BMW also has a diesel X5. Straight 6 twin turbo.

Not sure how you can compare a Q7 and a Tahoe. My father and I were shopping for a small cross over for him. We were mainly looking at at Japaneses or European. I said we should at least give the US ones a try. Looked at a GM Eqinox and the new Chevy Traverse. Holy crap. What pieces of crap. Fit and finish was far below what vehicles of similar price levels were.

Just my $.02 worth.

Thanks for the responses. I agree the Audi Q7 TDI would be a great SUV. Unfortunately there are almost no used ones yet. A certified 2007 Q7 V6 premium is about $37k, whereas a 2010 TDI is about $60-65k. After taking in an Audi(Cost me $40k) to use as a trade in a few years ago I swore I'd never buy a new car again. They wanted to give me $10k. I realized at the time it was a sunk cost, but I didn't appreciate being insulted by an Audi dealer where I was a return customer.

No used TDI's that's for sure and the TDI WILL generate a price premium and they no doubt have waiting lists for them. That's what happens when you build a superior product. Audi made over 800 Million USD first hald of 2009 because they have product people want to buy.

I own my Audi free and clear and it will retail for around $10,000 if I sold it today in the middle of a recession and it is 9 years old.

Plus I wouldn't buy a thumb screw from General Motors, They are the US Airways of car companies. Constatny striving to be "Good Enough" I'm guessing a fully equiped Tahoe isn't a whole lot cheaper then the far far superior Audi, plus you get the satisfaction of flipping Barrack Obama and his Socilist dim bulbs the finger. Sounds like a win win to me

I've had several Audis and a Porsche with only one complaint. Service department was always great. I just hate the sales departments arrogant attitude. I thought it was just the local dealership, but I have several friends in over areas that have experienced the same. They all went with other makes ie Infinity, BMW, etc. I'd hate to think how much more they could make if they'd retrain or fire their entire sales force(every dealership). Here I am looking at Tahoes.

Went for a Tahoe. Found a loaded one with only 11k miles. After talking our wagon in for it's 55k($920) service I decided. $320 to change the friggin spark plugs alone. I was told if I keep it to 75k it will need the timing belt changed, $2000. I'm tired of $120 oil changes. When the warranty is up on our other Audi it's going bye bye too. I agree that the Audi is a great car, but I think it's a great car for someone with a lot more money than me. Goin back to Chevy where I belong.