2008 Flight Attendant Average Wage only comparison!

jalbalpa

Senior
Dec 4, 2008
http://www.airlinefinancials.com/uploads/I...s_ver_12.08.pdf

Here it is:

Northwest = $37389
Delta = $33288

Numbers used...

Delta cost of F/A wages: $420 million
Northwest cost of F/A wages: $283 million

According to DLNET, Delta has 12,617 active F/A's
According to DLNET, Northwest has 7,569 active F/A's

Once again...these are WAGES only!

NORTHWEST = $37,389
DELTA = $33,288

This should put some incorrect information to rest!

Of course some of you will still refuse to accept the numbers for what they really are!

This should put some incorrect information to rest!

You can hardly consider the data as "Correct Information" as by the authors own admission:

The adjustments for year 2008 and 4th quarter 2008 projections are based on company guidance and estimates from Robert Herbst. All projections are estimates only and should not be used to make any financial decisions. Forward projections are based on known information as of the date of this report.

The earnings per share summary provides estimates and projections that may or may not prove to be accurate.

Information from 1Q2008 - 3Q2008 is dead on, from SEC 10-Q reports, data from 4Q2008 is a projection. Read the chart! Data from 10-Q is not an estimate!

Once again the Average NW F/A made over 12% more than the Average DL F/A.

Dapoes can you tell me where in the 10-Q filings it says the information is an eftimate?

I already told you the 4Q2008 data is a projection, which should be dead on as there were no changes from the third quarter!

12%, kind of hard to find an excuse for that!

Once again the Average NW F/A made over 12% more than the Average DL F/A.

Dapoes can you tell me where in the 10-Q filings it says the information is an eftimate?

I already told you the 4Q2008 data is a projection, which should be dead on as there were no changes from the third quarter!

12%, kind of hard to find an excuse for that!

Err yes i see it twice a month on my paycheck :lol:

Poor you...to believe anything.

Only if you can show me a 10-Q that breaks out F/A wages...

Taking a single number from each each side and trying to prove something reminds me of the saying "There are liars, damn liars, and statisticians." One has to adjust for differences between the two groups before a comparison can be made. For example, which group has the larger percentage of top of scale employees? What pay step is the average F/A on for each group? How many hours does the average F/A work per month for each group? How much does the average F/A from each group have put into their retirement plan by the company (that's deferred wages)?

I have absolutely no idea what the truth is, but just taking total F/A wages for each group (from BTS data supplied by the carriers, BTW) and dividing it by the number of F/A's in each group may say more about the longevity mix of the two groups than it says about anything else. There are lots of reasons why one group could appear to be paid less when using only one data point but the opposite be true when looking at the whole picture.

Jim

Wasn't this very topic just brought up? Just do a simple search.
Also add that COST also includes that DL F/A's work under different
rules and also a different reserve system. Those COST may very
well be below NW COST. Give me Delta's reserve over any other legacy's
anytime. Also I enjoy my over 8 hr turns. That is a win win for both company
and F/A. Wouldn't hotel cost come into play? Transportation cost? I believe this
is a very poor barometer to actual money in my pocket.

Looks like its something that's pretty well known to everyone.

Link

Last year the AFA failed to win enough votes to represent Delta workers, whose wages are higher than their unionized Northwest counterparts. Losing a Delta-wide election would mean they lose representation of flight attendants who came from Northwest, too.

Taking a single number from each each side and trying to prove something reminds me of the saying "There are liars, damn liars, and statisticians." One has to adjust for differences between the two groups before a comparison can be made. For example, which group has the larger percentage of top of scale employees? What pay step is the average F/A on for each group? How many hours does the average F/A work per month for each group? How much does the average F/A from each group have put into their retirement plan by the company (that's deferred wages)?

I'll answer some for you...

Larger percentage of top scale employees? Delta
What pay step is the average F/A on for each group? Don't know this, but on average Delta F/A's are more senior
Average hours worked per F/A? In 2007 at NW it was 50.8, while at DL it was 50.1 a 1.6% difference. Don't expect that to change much in 2008.
Average F/A contribution to retirement? Doesn't matter, both have retirement plans are frozen...only have 401K which even those contributions are counted as wages!

The numbers leans more and more toward NW the more you analyze it!

Lets add another factor...

Percentage wise who has more F/A's with less than 2 years? Northwest.

As I said in my original post...some of you will still fail to see what the truth is.

Do I value what Dapoes says? No, and neither should you. Why? I think its pretty much a concensuc from the Private Messages I have received that he/she is a low level supervisor at DL.

Everyone on this site has their mind already made up, this is real information. Not information skewed by management.

As I said in my original post...some of you will still fail to see what the truth is.

Do I value what Dapoes says? No, and neither should you. Why? I think its pretty much a concensuc from the Private Messages I have received that he/she is a low level supervisor at DL.

Everyone on this site has their mind already made up, this is real information. Not information skewed by management.

Your post is flawed and noted by others here as well. Your "real" information are estimates from a source that carries no weight.

Its sure is funny how I, a junior FA can stir up so many here that they run around screaming "management". Just because I don't agree with others.

Information from 1Q2008 - 3Q2008 is dead on, from SEC 10-Q reports, data from 4Q2008 is a projection. Read the chart! Data from 10-Q is not an estimate!

As BoeingBoy correctly observed, the 10-Qs do not contain a breakout of the wages of various workgroups. The wage info in the linked report are estimates.

both groups are paid less than the industry average when in fact other carriers are making substantially more! I guess it can be debated back and forth which group makes more(maybe one group makes a little more than another, maybe another contributes less for insurance) but the bottom line we need to be compensated at least the average plus.

The fact that we will be qualified on so many different types of aircraft... while others in this industry is scooting around in only a 737, flying around only in the states making higher than everyone to me is just mind boggling(and good for them they work hard and deserve it!)

but just for the fact how much we are to be responsible for just for aircraft qualifications alone(and can you imagine the size of your manual with all those aircraft tabs) shouldn't we at least match the highest paid domestic Flight Attendant at another airline.. when we are working at the world largest flying everywhere in the world?

lets forward focus and keep that in mind restoring it all back instead of debating..my pay cut is higher than your pay cut, ya know?

Its sure is funny how I, a junior FA can stir up so many here that they run around screaming "management". Just because I don't agree with others.
if this makes you feel any better, I have always thought you to be a.. Inflight sales consultant- Beverage display advisor - Snack Box Pro - ending up as the Deferred Lead Flight Attendant...just like the rest of us... even with that...um...opinion! :lol: