2014 Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
P. REZ said:
Tim,

Seriously, I was joking about your math skills until your above post. Go get the pay scale and work through where a person would be now and where they will end up on their next anniversary and you will see what I posted to be accurate.

P. Rez
wage scale says 3% at dos plus that will b the first wage increase since 2012. Thats 1.5% per each of the last two years. Moving forward, what did u impute for 2015, 15%?

I suppose thats possible but thats a future wage that hasnt been determined. I got the ta handy, where does it say an additional 15%? Im reading it and it says "TBD".

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
Tim I was told that they were going to get you a new desk and a potted plant if you would just stop bothering people. I'll even buy you a few Soduku books to keep you occupied.
Lol. They can keep those gifts, just get our members a fair election. This district has not had a fair election without dol involvement going on 6 years now.

Tim Nelson said:
wage scale says 3% at dos plus that will b the first wage increase since 2012. Thats 1.5% per each of the last two years. Moving forward, what did u impute for 2015, 15%?

I suppose thats possible but thats a future wage that hasnt been determined. I got the ta handy, where does it say an additional 15%? Im reading it and it says "TBD".
Tim,

I'm not factoring anything for 9/15 because that will be determined later. The 3% at DOS and the 2.1% in 9/14 are additions to the current scale so someone not topped now will get 5.1% by 9/14 but on their anniversary raise will get that percent that is current in our contract plus 5.1% on top of that. Just grab the pay scale and work scenarios and you will see. The employees that are not topped out are getting nice raises as well.

P. Rez  

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
i believe its better than yours simply because scope is very important to me but you guys have none.
That said, seems like everything that the nc promised has come up empty in a cost neutral bargain.
Those not topped out really dont have much reason at all to vote for something that causes the same oppression to continue. Especially part time like mentioned.
Not surprisingly, everyone on the nc was topped out and im fairly certain all full time.
Ridiculous. If it doesn't passes, you get nothing knowing the big changes come with a Joint deal. The longer that out if off the further progress stays away. Your transparent attempt to cause negativity only hurts those you supposedly advocate for.

P. REZ said:
Tim,

I'm not factoring anything for 9/15 because that will be determined later. The 3% at DOS and the 2.1% in 9/14 are additions to the current scale so someone not topped now will get 5.1% by 9/14 but on their anniversary raise will get that percent that is current in our contract plus 5.1% on top of that. Just grab the pay scale and work scenarios and you will see. The employees that are not topped out are getting nice raises as well.

P. Rez  
Pat,  you can't claim pay raises for wage progressons.  What is wrong with you?  What you should have done is stuck to your word by making the wage progression fair.  But you didn't even bother with that at all and didn't even bother tweaking it.  Sorry Pat but a 13th year to top out is a joke. You walked away and instead of addressing it, you said, "We will get'm next time'.  Puh leeeassseeeeeeee!

Tim Nelson said:
Pat,  you can't claim pay raises for wage progressons.  What is wrong with you?  What you should have done is stuck to your word by making the wage progression fair.  But you didn't even bother with that at all and didn't even bother tweaking it.  Sorry Pat but a 13th year to top out is a joke. You walked away and instead of addressing it, you said, "We will get'm next time'.  Puh leeeassseeeeeeee!
You're simple thinking is really noteworthy.

Jester said:

I think you are correct... one PT lead in PHX, although I have spoken with several LAS guys who said that PT leads were once very common there, but I think they are all FT now.

And I am old school... "quick turn" as if I am working with a lead for whom I respect, I will bust it, but otherwise, I hope every plane goes out 3 minutes late hoping it reflects badly on the PHX Management Monkeys.  Worked one day recently and not a single flight went out on time, and I think it was the jackass lead's fault mostly, but I did my job, but nothing above and beyond of what was reasonable.
yup down to one pt lead... for years we had three one dropped his quals and the other one she became full time... but i do remember a day when we had several 

I personally don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape over D0?  the Department of Transportation doesn't count it late till +14. D0 is an internal company goal, making us bust our asses over something that doesn't count for another 14 minutes is ridiculous 

i tell you what, though,  if management  wants us to bust our asses for that additional 14 minutes make it worth our while...  ive for a long time said lets make this place fun again give incentives for on time pushes.  leads counted percentage of on time push,(no extra points for early dont want people being unsafe) percentage of  mail/cargo loaded. etc... then each similar for each  ramp/concourse  so the assists have an incentive as well...  

prizes could be big ticket items like ipads or other tablets... or something that really doesnt cost the company much like positive space tickets, free upgrades, or even a free lunch. these things would be a better incentive than ESONS some positive reinforcement more than just maybe the occasional A&B card.

CONX and Cargo could build similar programs 

if we did this company wide we could pit the hubs vs each other... make brackets for field stations  sure the occasional 50 dollars is nice but those have become few and far between anymore a more personal program should be put in place imho  i mean seriously anyone even think about oh i should push this out on time i might get 50 dollars? yea if everyone for an entire month thinks the same way lol 

NYer said:
Wow, hit a cord did we.

Another unimaginative come back from someone lacking any substance to back their ridiculous position.
sometimes not answering is best, Timmy hasn't learned this he will whine about others calling him names (when they havent) while he insinuates with no evidence other peoples "crimes". 

now he is a champion for the junior guy... because he has alienated every fleet agent with more than 5 years seniority 

Other People said:
Well, good luck but once again you were correct.  Changing gears, I hear your whole team lost by less than 100 votes but that you will be meeting with the international and that a revote may happen quickly due to charges against the district. Care to comment?
ya heard that huh??? where?

P. REZ said:
Employee 1 Hire date Dec. current wage 12.70, DOS 13.08, 9/14 13.36, 12/14 13.91 equals 9.5% raise

Employee 2 Hire date Mar. current wage 13.23, DOS 13.63, 9/14 13.91, 03/15 16.22 equals 22.6% raise

Employee 3 Hire date Nov. current wage 17.57, DOS 18.10, 9/14 18.48, 11/14 19.83 equals 12.9% raise

Employee 4 Hire date Feb. current wage 16.59, DOS 17.09, 9/14 17.45, 02/15 18.48 equals 11.4% raise

Do the math Tim, nobody was left behind other than you in math. And their raises keep coming.

P. Rez

Tim Nelson said:
pat
you got them a 1.5% for 2013 and 1.5% for 2014. Thats the math. Moving forward, are you imputing a 15% for 2015?
Show me that on your wage scale please instead of continuing your circle of lies. Alas, the world of Pat who has made the TBD his own.

LOL timmy be like,,, "I dont like your math, so i replace it with one of my own"  kind of like his degree i hear...  

phx.. i like your idea   i still remember the days when usairways gave out free flat screen(i think it was) tvs in PHL shortly after that meltdown..   only PHL  no other station

PHXConx said:
i tell you what, though,  if management  wants us to bust our asses for that additional 14 minutes make it worth our while...  ive for a long time said lets make this place fun again give incentives for on time pushes.  leads counted percentage of on time push,(no extra points for early dont want people being unsafe) percentage of  mail/cargo loaded. etc... then each similar for each  ramp/concourse  so the assists have an incentive as well...  

prizes could be big ticket items like ipads or other tablets... or something that really doesnt cost the company much like positive space tickets, free upgrades, or even a free lunch. these things would be a better incentive than ESONS some positive reinforcement more than just maybe the occasional A&B card.

CONX and Cargo could build similar programs 

if we did this company wide we could pit the hubs vs each other... make brackets for field stations  sure the occasional 50 dollars is nice but those have become few and far between anymore a more personal program should be put in place imho  i mean seriously anyone even think about oh i should push this out on time i might get 50 dollars? yea if everyone for an entire month thinks the same way lol 
You know PHX not to knock your idea but well I'm not too crazy about it. The thing is that were not kids anymore and the whole idea of giving me prizes to work harder just doesn't sit well with me. The first thing that came across my mind when I read your idea was the trained monkey dancing for the organ grinder hoping to get a banana.

I'll tell you the things that would make me happier at work and a little more motivated. Don't harass and nit pick at me for every little ridiculous item (IE: Sick occurrences, lanyards, hats, etc) Get me the help and equipment I need to do my job properly and if they can't then don't bother me about my work.

And here's a biggie. When we go into JCB talks don't stonewall it for years and make me realize that it's still the same old same old. Get it done. Great pay and benefits will have me singing a Brady Bunch tune every day.

Sorry on your idea man but I'm just too old to be hopscotching anymore.

"we could pit the hubs vs each other"

I think we've already had too many years of the company pitting us against each other, wouldn't you say?

WeAAsles said:
You know PHX not to knock your idea but well I'm not too crazy about it. The thing is that were not kids anymore and the whole idea of giving me prizes to work harder just doesn't sit well with me. The first thing that came across my mind when I read your idea was the trained monkey dancing for the organ grinder hoping to get a banana.

I'll tell you the things that would make me happier at work and a little more motivated. Don't harass and nit pick at me for every little ridiculous item (IE: Sick occurrences, lanyards, hats, etc) Get me the help and equipment I need to do my job properly and if they can't then don't bother me about my work.

And here's a biggie. When we go into JCB talks don't stonewall it for years and make me realize that it's still the same old same old. Get it done. Great pay and benefits will have me singing a Brady Bunch tune every day.

Sorry on your idea man but I'm just too old to be hopscotching anymore.

"we could pit the hubs vs each other"

I think we've already had too many years of the company pitting us against each other, wouldn't you say?

i think a little healthy competition is a good thing, many fortune 500 companies do similar things... we already have score cards about the hubs, why not reward success when its due?  

PHXConx said:
sometimes not answering is best, Timmy hasn't learned this he will whine about others calling him names (when they havent) while he insinuates with no evidence other peoples "crimes". 

now he is a champion for the junior guy... because he has alienated every fleet agent with more than 5 years seniority 
Honestly, how can anyone really call this TA a great thing?  The wage was a 3% increase over the last two years for anyone not topped out.  They lied out their arses about everything else and ended up agreeing with management to keep the bankrupt agreement going. No new holidays, no new vacation for anyone unless you have 25 years, still pegged us with half sick time. Lied about bringing our pension back up to where it was and finally submitted to management to only give us a dime.  A effing dime?  Are you impressed with $51 a month?  I hope you aren't part time either because you would get a whopping $36 a month now IF the IAM doesn't discredit you for not working 31 hours. They agreed with management to forget about the wage progression scale and it still takes the 13th year to get to top out.  No profit sharing but we knew that.   The only thing that they actually negotiated was they exchanged our work in several stations so the TWU members can work our work, for the scope for the 12 or so stations that need it.   That I can understand just to cover the folks we have but it was a cost neutral exchange and those stations should thank the stations that will be cross utilized for subsidizing things for them.  They bypassed a fence agreement and took away our exclusive rights to the work but, again, I understand that but other than tossing in the "See Management" health care so us topped out guys can get a 10% wage, and the scope exchange, they did nothing.  The only cost positive negotiations they did was bump the union positive space up to 7 union officials instead of 5.   The bankruptcy is 10 years ago and this is now the second IAM contract and we still have half sick time, no more holidays,  a wage that is still the lowest among legacies, and "See Management" health care, and a wage progression to the 13th year,  part timers getting hosed and subsidizing topped out workers pay/health.  I mean, c'mon maaannnnn!  What exactly were they planning to strike over?  This TA could have been had the first week of negotiations.

Sure, I can use the extra $3 bucks but on the dime of those without seniority and part timers,  that's the cost.  God bless any part timer who votes for this.  Topped out agents need to thank the part timers and those who didn't get the 10% pay raise for subsidizing them. I know I will once this passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.