2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
traderjake said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This moron always comes on to tell us the bad news

And yet it was you that felt some strange need to post the imminent loss of the 767's. Why's that trader? Were you worried that your "spartan" friends wouldn't know about it, and might need some cheering up lately? ;)

Reactions: 1 person
algflyr said:
Well, it's a 30 day bid. In the 30 days, there will be 10 Capt. retirements and 6 upgrades. It's movement none the less...

Pretty much. As old and beat up as they are; I just hate to see fine Boeing products go away though, myself believing that Airbii are not only an affront to Aviation, but to God, Nature and even essential sanity as well. ;) "Open the pod bay doors HAL."...."I'm sorry Dave. I can't do that." "What's it doing now?"/"Oh look; it's doing it again."  ANY supposed airplane ever constructed that "interprets", or even prohibits a pilot's inputs from being immediately acted on without "question" jess' ain't right.

autofixer said:
Not that I know anything, but why would CLT- MAD not go to a 330?  MAD is a One World hub with connections....   

I'd reasonably think it will as well, but who can ever even guess with this screwball industry?

EastUS1 said:
Pretty much. As old and beat up as they are; I just hate to see fine Boeing products go away though, myself believing that Airbii are not only an affront to Aviation, but to God, Nature and even essential sanity as well. ;) "Open the pod bay doors HAL."...."I'm sorry Dave. I can't do that." "What's it doing now?"/"Oh look; it's doing it again" and any supposed airplane ever constructed that interprets, or even prohibits a pilot's inputs from being immediately acted on without "question" or "interpretation" jess' ain't right.
How did it ever get certified? After years of being on it I find the autopilot operations to be safe (now that I have learned how to think like a pencil neck geek that has a hard on for pilots, seeing that he failed out of pilot training.. before initial solo!)

But enough with the lies....

On sale, today only..
Free town...
The most transparent administration ever...
And the biggest lie, "direct law is exactly like flying"

At any rate, I will admit the AB is a much better office (unless you are on a West rag).

Phoenix said:
How did it ever get certified? After years of being on it I find the autopilot operations to be safe (now that I have learned how to think like a pencil neck geek that has a hard on for pilots, seeing that he failed out of pilot training.. before initial solo!)

But enough with the lies....

On sale, today only..
Free town...
The most transparent administration ever...
And the biggest lie, "direct law is exactly like flying"

At any rate, I will admit the AB is a much better office (unless you are on a West rag).

"How did it ever get certified?" We both well-know the answer to that sir. = $$$/Euros/Subsidies/etc...Why make something sensible and solid, that's not designed to be disposable with "X" amount of cycles,  when one's got euro-guvmint pockets to pick, and gullible bean-counters everywhere that will buy whatever's cheapest?...And I'm sure it's pure coincidence that Mr. Wolf's holdings rank him among the largest private land owners in France...Right? ;)

In all fairness though, after the tail essentially coming apart/off and causing that crash not long after 9-11 in NYC; I was not only amazed but delighted to to see just an engine rip off in 1549's ditching. I'd have expected a whole wing or worse. "What's the difference between an airbus and 300 guys with chain saws"?  I'll defy anyone EVER to even attempt any explanation for how that same crash would've happened with a classic Boeing product? Holy Trees Batman! Let's just click this computerized BS off, jam the throttles, pull back a bit right F'n NOW and LIVE!  What "law" is it in?..well...doesn't much serve the moment methinks.

No matter. Just the ramblings of a 19th century sort and stick-and-rudder dinosaur. Having done some jump-seating coast-to-coast; I must agree with you on the nice office part.

EastUS1 said:
"How did it ever get certified?" We both well-know the answer to that sir. = $$$/Euros/Subsidies/etc...Why make something sensible and solid, that's not designed to be disposable with "X" amount of cycles,  when one's got euro-guvmint pockets to pick, and gullible bean-counters everywhere that will buy whatever's cheapest?...And I'm sure it's pure coincidence that Mr. Wolf's holdings rank him among the largest private land owners in France...Right? ;)

In all fairness though, after the tail essentially coming apart/off and causing that crash not long after 9-11 in NYC; I was not only amazed but delighted to to see just an engine rip off in 1549's ditching. I'd have expected a whole wing or worse. "What's the difference between an airbus and 300 guys with chain saws"?  I'll defy anyone EVER to even attempt any explanation for how that same crash would've happened with a classic Boeing product? Holy Trees Batman! Let's just click this computerized BS off, jam the throttles, pull back a bit right F'n NOW and LIVE!  What "law" is it in?..well...doesn't much serve the moment methinks.

No matter. Just the ramblings of a 19th century sort and stick-and-rudder dinosaur. Having done some jump-seating coast-to-coast; I must agree with you on the nice office part.
I thought that whole moving thrust levers thing would have helped in SFO.

Claxon said:
Mark Doyal, west pilot, is an attorney giving advice to the west pilots.

Disturbing avatar and posts.
http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/Rico/Rico%20District/65-14%5B1%5D.pdf

Whew! I'd not seen all of that lunacy previously. An avatar of a wild-eyed Charles Manson? Seriously? Couple that with the "interesting" notions of..umm..."morality" expressed, which amount to nothing more than if-you-can't-prove-it-in-court, then nobody did anything wrong!...Nyaah! Nyaah! ;) What's perhaps most truly telling in his rantings, is that at NO point is wrongdoing ever denied, but just arrogantly dismissed as having no meaning without a court conviction or ruling. Anyone with such a world view must be fully content with the fantasy that Mr. Simpson was indeed "not guilty." After all; the court said so! I'm now having an even easier time understanding just why the FBI "might" have found a few problems with that particular applicant. Personally?....I've never found that "you can't prove it, so I didn't do it!" works well against so much as one's shaving mirror....but I've not even an "Integrity Matters" T-shirt, so what do I know?

EastUS1 said:

Pretty much. As old and beat up as they are; I just hate to see fine Boeing products go away though

I agree. I flew one out to the desert at the beginning of this year to be permanently parked. I agree that they are old and tired, but we let her have one last flight that proved her a worthy craft. We made FL430 in under 20 minutes, granted we were empty. And she was tight, just under 8,000' cabin at FL430. And we opened her up and maxed her out Mach .854... She could have stayed there all day... Very sad to see such a capable aircraft parked. 

Reactions: 2 people
Pi brat said:
I thought that whole moving thrust levers thing would have helped in SFO.

No joke Pi. One would think it would have at least been a good idea to try shoving them forward! It seems all up front were tragically just along for the ride/crash there though, and no one was minding the store at all. No machine's yet been built that can "fix stupid".

algflyr said:

I agree. I flew one out to the desert at the beginning of this year to be permanently parked. I agree that they are old and tired, but we let her have one last flight that proved her a worthy craft. We made FL430 in under 20 minutes, granted we were empty. And she was tight, just under 8,000' cabin at FL430. And we opened her up and maxed her out Mach .854... She could have stayed there all day... Very sad to see such a capable aircraft parked. 

Not to get overly "touchy-feely" and "sensitive" here, but having also parked a few trusted "old friends" of many years in my time; a tiny bit of mist can even come to one's eyes at such times.

EastUS1 said:

Addendum:  "It was 50 years ago this summer and fall that the last of the 744 B-52s built, an H-model that is still flying out of Minot Air Force Base, N.D., rolled off the assembly line and was accepted into the fleet."   http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20120409/NEWS/204090310/B-52-bomber-marks-major-milestones-2012

Anyone care to even speculate on the shelf-life of airbii?

How many years of that 50 did that H model sit on alert?  Compare actual air time to that of the typical airliner that's 10 years old.  Basically, the B-52 (H models especially) were the airplane equivalent of the "only driven to church on Sundays" used car.

How about the earlier models that flew airborne alert for years (pre-1970s oil embargos)?  How are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.