2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
snapthis said:

No Nessie, I got a glimpse of Paul McCartney at a concert on the 12th. Flew to Manchester, went to the Cavern in Liverpool where he got his start with the Beatles. Rode with friends to Edinburgh who let me know that the Scotts still don't care for the English. Had a conversation with a guy in Lanark and have no idea what language he was speaking and tried haggis for the first and last time. ;)

All differences aside; that sounds like a fun vacation so far (with the possible exception of the haggis). Enjoy! :)

Reactions: 1 person
Mach85ER said:
Oldest B52 has around 21,000 hours with the average around 18,000 from an article a couple of years ago.

AA's 767-200's had almost 120,000 hours when sent to the desert.

Fine Boeing products both.

traderjake said:

Not cute at all, with all the money we spend on Defense those airplanes should have been retired long before the 1994.

Tragically, that crash had nothing to do with the airplane, but that's a whole other, long story. To this day; there's nothing in the sky that can deliver the tonnage of conventional hurt on our enemies that the Buff has proven so very capable of doing. I wouldn't have wished to fly that lumbering beast, but she's an amazing weapon. An added observation is that during Desert Storm in '91, the whole fleet of brand-new-shiny B1's were grounded for some mechanical issue I've long since forgotten. Newer ain't always "better" at times.

snapthis said:

No Nessie, I got a glimpse of Paul McCartney at a concert on the 12th. Flew to Manchester, went to the Cavern in Liverpool where he got his start with the Beatles. Rode with friends to Edinburgh who let me know that the Scotts still don't care for the English. Had a conversation with a guy in Lanark and have no idea what language he was speaking and tried haggis for the first and last time. ;)

Sounds like a lot of overnights on the East... Just did a couple of MAN trips. Liverpool is a great day trip... Haven't been on the Edinburgh trip yet though...

Mach85ER said:
Oldest B52 has around 21,000 hours with the average around 18,000 from an article a couple of years ago.

AA's 767-200's had almost 120,000 hours when sent to the desert.
last time I ck'ed the US ones are in the 105k range at least one has already been put in the desert

CactusPilot1 said:
I'll help you out, pinhead. Here's a manual on how NOT to run a union.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

How nice, the children had an arts and craft day, good for you. Just remember new hires in wide body planes and one year upgrades and best of all not being locked in PHX.

Reactions: 8 people
luvthe9 said:
How nice, the children had an arts and craft day, good for you. Just remember new hires in wide body planes and one year upgrades and best of all not being locked in PHX.
yep I seen an FO doing a walk around the other day on a 767 my first thought was, man he looks young to be flying this.

Reactions: 4 people
luvthe9 said:
You're going to be sitting right seat on a 190 flying up and down the Left Coast when the Int'l goes South. As in Miami. Parker has left the ugly girl..::::..HA HA HA!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
CactusPilot1 said:
You're going to be sitting right seat on a 190 flying up and down the Left Coast when the Int'l goes South. As in Miami. Parker has left the ugly girl..::::..HA HA HA!!!!
And that would mean pay protection. Soo, what are you laughing about?

Phoenix said:
For the West it's always about the future.. Future doom, future damages, future windfall..

Did the West P.O. the Director anymore lately?
He's not pissed off at the West pilots. He made it clear in his speech to the West pilots you are either victims or victors in his reference to USAPA. That's a card you played from day one. Tissue? What a bunch of grey haired crybabies.

im back..!! said:
And that would mean pay protection. Soo, what are you laughing about?
I'm laughing because I see a 190 base coming your way. HA HA! Plans change, huh? Things going South?

Int'l Miami bound. Too bad! Parker is done with Charlotte. Tissue???

Charlotte Douglas International Airport plans to start work on a new concourse next spring, with eight to 12 domestic gates not a separate international terminal the airport had previously considered.

Interim Aviation Director Brent Cagle said the new concourse could eventually become a stand-alone international terminal, but the demand for more domestic gates is more pressing right now.

Reactions: 6 people
EastUS1 said:

All differences aside; that sounds like a fun vacation so far (with the possible exception of the haggis). Enjoy! :)
Thanks, MD..Scotland by far the best part of the trip.

algflyr said:

Sounds like a lot of overnights on the East... Just did a couple of MAN trips. Liverpool is a great day trip... Haven't been on the Edinburgh trip yet though...
I got a surprise in Edinburgh. The 1 pm cannon gun fired from the Castle above. I understand you can set your watch after you realize you don't have to run for cover. ;)

http://www.edinburghcastle.gov.uk/explore-the-castle/highlights/castlehighlights.aspx?start=6

Reactions: 2 people
CactusPilot1 said:
Interim Aviation Director Brent Cagle said the new concourse could eventually become a stand-alone international terminal, but the demand for more domestic gates is more pressing right now.
Sky Harbor boarded 19.5 million passengers in 2013, down 0.2 percent from 19.54 million in 2012, according to BTS. The airport was was one of just three airports in the top 10 to report a year-over-year decline in passengers.

Phoenix was in danger of losing its spot in the top 10 -- and the civic bragging rights that come with it -- due to passenger growth at similar size airports, most notably Miami International Airport, which ranked No. 12 in 2012.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.