2015 AMT Discussion

WeAAsles said:
Hmm? Maybe? Anyway I'm out of this thread. That last comment by Buck blew my mind. I'm simply out of air for this.

Welcome back! Only took ya 14hrs.

You need help with your obsession!!

Reactions: 3 people
Rogallo said:
Welcome back! Only took ya 14hrs.

You need help with your obsession!!
Different conversation. We OWN deicicing right now and only our guys can vote to let it go.

If you're not interested just say so?

DallasConehead said:
Just exactly how should I be helpful to a guy that thinks its right that he has taken work from another work group, he's proud of it and stands up and shouts it out. And like Vort says, he believes the union/company spin that mechanics didn't want that work.

That work didn't  get moved because it wasn't wanted, it gets moved because it cheaper on the company and it grows bag handler dues income for the union.. The union working with the company perpetuate the myth that mechanics didn't want that work.
Again, do you think conducting yourself like this is helpful?

Worldport said:
It's hard to vote with a gun to your head
I was on the NC during chapter 11 part two and I campaigned and voted no.

We also rejected the first chspter 11 CBA.

It's not hard to stick to your principals and convictions.

WeAAsles said:
Different conversation. We OWN deicicing right now and only our guys can vote to let it go.

Oh, ok!  I thought you were leaving the AMT thread. My bad!!

Reactions: 4 people
700UW said:
I was on the NC during chapter 11 part two and I campaigned and voted no.

We also rejected the first chspter 11 CBA.

It's not hard to stick to your principals and convictions.
I was at the IAM meeting after one of the bankruptcies  the union official made the analogy of being forced into concessions as being raped. So at least say they  reluctantly voted the concessions

700UW said:
Taken?

You fellow mechanics voted it a away.
I assume you are talking about LUS mechanics.....
Since you are NOT LAA, you apparently know NOTHING about the 1983 AA/TWU contract..

Like Worldport said, it is hard to vote with a gun to your head.

You see, sometimes strength in numbers works when mechanics are outnumbered as in the good old days before separate maintenance locals....

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:

Here's a hypothetical for you.....Suppose you had a t/a that brought you above even UNITED salarywise.  Comparable holidays, sick time and vacation and even the IAMPNF contribution WITH 401k match and the ONLY thing the company wanted from your work group as a concession was deicing........even though you reside in a non deicing location......Would you be YEA or NAY?

MetalMover said:
I assume you are talking about LUS mechanics.....
Since you are NOT LAA, you apparently know NOTHING about the 1983 AA/TWU contract..

Like Worldport said, it is hard to vote with a gun to your head.

You see, sometimes strength in numbers works when mechanics are outnumbered as in the good old days before separate maintenance locals....
Of course I don't know the whole story (even after watching that PBS special) but I'm blown away on what you gave up without a bankruptcy filing. That had to have you tossing and turning at night

Worldport said:
Of course I don't know the whole story (even after watching that PBS special) but I'm blown away on what you gave up without a bankruptcy filing. That had to have you tossing and turning at night
The TWU had a very "special" relationship with the company. The best was where local presidents' salaries were paid for by the company (PMAA)...Just to name one. 

Reactions: 1 person