2015 Fleet Service thread

Worldport said:
How many hours a day,a week do they actually negotiate?
I know that they get up early in the morning to start but maybe that should be a question Charlie Brown or P. Rez should answer if they drop in?

Don't forget Sunday is Easter and I know that at least one guy is flying back out back to DFW on that day.

WeAAsles said:
I know that they get up early in the morning to start but maybe that should be a question Charlie Brown or P. Rez should answer if they drop in?

Don't forget Sunday is Easter and I know that at least one guy is flying back out back to DFW on that day.
I have no idea how negotiations work and although it sounds like I'm questioning their effort I appreciate what they are doing. I'm picturing 8 hour days of intense negotiations. if not seems like  a lot of their time is being wasted. Who wants to be away from home for week after week

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
I have no idea how negotiations work and although it sounds like I'm questioning their effort I appreciate what they are doing. I'm picturing 8 hour days of intense negotiations. if not seems like  a lot of their time is being wasted. Who wants to be away from home for week after week
I could tell that you weren't questioning their effort. I just feel more comfortable if one of the guys actually in the room fills that in a little more. But no they're not wasting time like some people (not you) think.

Actually I liked this last update. It had much more meat on the bone in putting things out there then the last few updates. This one spelled out the multiple items they're working on simultaneously.

WeAAsles said:
I could tell that you weren't questioning their effort. I just feel more comfortable if one of the guys actually in the room fills that in a little more. But no they're not wasting time like some people (not you) think.

Actually I liked this last update. It had much more meat on the bone in putting things out there then the last few updates. This one spelled out the multiple items they're working on simultaneously.
Another thread said their union had observers in negotiations maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.It also seems to me the company can expedite this if they wanted to ,on the other hand they had to wait for the association to get their act together.I must admit I needed the money more years ago then I do now but I'm still restless.

Worldport said:
Another thread said their union had observers in negotiations maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.It also seems to me the company can expedite this if they wanted to ,on the other hand they had to wait for the association to get their act together.I must admit I needed the money more years ago then I do now but I'm still restless.
From how I've heard that works, any observers would be about bored out of their minds. Lots of back and forth, this and that and waiting for a response from the company and vice versa. I'd probably walk out after awhile and hit a Denny's or something.

JFK Fleet Service said:
Amazingly the company dropped an additional 6% raise on the FA's because they were tired of waiting for UA to get a contract and we're getting platitudes.

We're so boned by this dues harvesting association it's not even funny anymore.
How so?

JFK Fleet Service said:
Amazingly the company dropped an additional 6% raise on the FA's because they were tired of waiting for UA to get a contract and we're getting platitudes.

We're so boned by this dues harvesting association it's not even funny anymore.

Did you not know that when we signed this current contract from bankruptcy, that with the addition of PS our wages increased %23.7629?
I not a fan of either union, but the reason we have the association was the real threat that IF, it was brought to the membership for a vote, and the TWU do outnumber the IAM, that enough of the TWU might have voted for the IAM. The company made it crystal clear that they wanted out of the retirement business. All meaning that American would not maintain two retirement fund for the just the one LAA. Furthermore, if the membership went the way of the IAM, former TWU members dues would double, for the same representation! I too am frustrated by the pace, and lack of progression. This is our cross to bare like it or not. Getting boned? I think not! Like it or not, we are in bed with the association for the foreseeable length of whats ever contract. 

WeAAsles said:
Just before the BK we were going to vote on a contract that gave away Cabin Service. I found out before that vote that losing Cabin would also cost 80 Medically restricted people their jobs systemwide. Unlike others (And you BTW) they were going to have no options. They were going to be OUT period.
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I don't consider being OUT the same as being out of options. It was no secret that American Airlines has wanted to do away with cabin service for a long time. Knowing that they should have been preparing for that inevitability by retraining for another career. In that sense they had many options and time to follow them to fruition.

There is a price to pay for settling in a high paying job with no marketable job skill. This is a perfect example. 
You don't even want to touch on that topic do you?

This is about current things at the New AA in regard to Fleet Service, not your personal vendetta against the TWU.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You don't even want to touch on that topic do you?
La Li you wanted to go back to school and do something different with your life. I don't. Why are you having a problem accepting that? Remember what I said awhile back that you seemed fine with? "We all have our own roads to travel"

I'm satisfied with my job and my road in life. I'll be 51 in May and am not looking for new options for starting over now and am pretty sure I won't have to.

A guy who knows me said it in another thread. "He seems pretty happy or at least content"

I really am.

And I hope others who aren't there can get there themselves someday.

700UW said:
This is about current things at the New AA in regard to Fleet Service, not your personal vendetta against the TWU.
He's not discussing the TWU at the moment. He's trying to and I'm sorry but it seems like desperately give out a personal warning.

I think that's cool. But he has to again accept that not everyone is going to see things the same way as he does.

700UW said:
Since you are not an AA employee and have never been a FSC under the TWU maybe you should mind your own business.

You know...... try something different. 

Reactions: 2 people