2015 Fleet Service thread

bob@las-AA said:
Why? Oh thats right, because even the guys in cargo would love to get that "Big Money".
How much do you think they will save by contracting out cargo? Its only in a few cities, the employees  will be absorbed not laid off and then the company has to go and pay a contractor

topDawg said:
and i bet you would be happy to see that right bob? 
It all speculation until if and when we get to the table even then they won't tell until an agreement is reached

bob@las-AA said:
I think that cargo will be the sacrificial lamb to finance this supposed pay raise. This raise will also be right up front and nothing again for years

attachicon.gif
Payscale.PNG
It's all speculation until if and when we get to the table, even then they wont tell us until there is an agreement

Hmmm......so Parker & Co. are already backtracking on their bold, if not foolish, guarantee of "Delta +7" with regards to pay rates and are now going with a "Delta +3" (No doubt due to the massive raise that Delta recently announced) Not that I'm surprised in the least, of course. If Parker is known for anything, it's been his wonton disregard for rewarding his frontline agents with competitive pay....just look at the history of America West and US Air. America West was essentially paid like an LCC and US Air was pretty much the same, always bringing up the rear as compared to its fellow mainline peers were concerned.

What is shocking to me however, is how many of the union members on here already seem to be resigned to this fact, as if there's absolutely no room for negotiation.....what the hell are you paying a union for representiation for then if Parker can lay down the law before the negotiations having even begun in earnest now that you know where Delta stands???

And while math has never been my strong suit, assuming AA does indeed get "Delta +3" which would be around $48 dollars more than Delta every 2 weeks.....after you take in to account the $60 or so you'll pay in union dues each paycheck, that "Delta +3" essentially turns into a "Delta -1%"

This of course says nothing of the 10% profit-sharing that's coming our way that AA doesn't take part in, as Doug has never been a fan of rewarding frontline agents for helping the company turn a profit.

Reactions: 1 person
bob@las-AA said:
Why? Oh thats right, because even the guys in cargo would love to get that "Big Money".
One can only hope that the bad you wish on people would happen to yourself. 

Very clear that you aren't a very good person. I feel very sorry for your coworkers. 

Reactions: 4 people
Lucky777 said:
Hmmm......so Parker & Co. are already backtracking on their bold, if not foolish, guarantee of "Delta +7" with regards to pay rates and are now going with a "Delta +3" (No doubt due to the massive raise that Delta recently announced) Not that I'm surprised in the least, of course. If Parker is known for anything, it's been his wonton disregard for rewarding his frontline agents with competitive pay....just look at the history of America West and US Air. America West was essentially paid like an LCC and US Air was pretty much the same, always bringing up the rear as compared to its fellow mainline peers were concerned.

What is shocking to me however, is how many of the union members on here already seem to be resigned to this fact, as if there's absolutely no room for negotiation.....what the hell are you paying a union for representiation for then if Parker can lay down the law before the negotiations having even begun in earnest now that you know where Delta stands???

And while math has never been my strong suit, assuming AA does indeed get "Delta +3" which would be around $48 dollars more than Delta every 2 weeks.....after you take in to account the $60 or so you'll pay in union dues each paycheck, that "Delta +3" essentially turns into a "Delta -1%"

This of course says nothing of the 10% profit-sharing that's coming our way that AA doesn't take part in, as Doug has never been a fan of rewarding frontline agents for helping the company turn a profit.
Are you willing to wait a couple of years for the other 4%?  Or do you want it now and are willing to go with DL workrules? Or do you want  the total 7% with AA workrules and have the company come back in two years and ask for concessions because our costs are higher then our competitors?

700UW said:
DL has no work rules, they are employees at will.
What would you prefer work policies.... Lucky knows what im talking about. I think I asked him a fair question and you have to start with your semantics B/S

Reactions: 2 people
It's the facts.

They are employees at will, DL can change anything at anytime as long as they are within the law.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Are you that obtuse?

They didnt negotiate 30 days after the Association was certified, as they didnt meet and reconcile the two CBAs, legally they werent the certified bargaining unit.

The company is the one who had the power to trigger the 30 days, they didnt as they knew the Association wasnt ready.

Do you want a thorough JCBA or something just thrown together?
At this point might as well just throw it together what's the difference? For thoseTWU members who did not know . In one of our past IAM contracts it stated we would get  2% raise well someone  fell asleep at the wheel and it turned out it was worded wrong and we got squat.....Guess the proofreaders were off that day

Since this e mail was mentioning fleet service I'll make my reply here . They mention a good contract I haven't seen that they say time is not a issue well it is for me I want my raise and the Union should ask for more then delta plus 7 . As far as job security that has been tried the last few contracts and has not worked . Asso get us pay and benefits that were taken away for the name of job security that didn't work. I know you people in the asso don't care how long it takes you guys are making way way more money then we are . So get your ass moving no pun intended. You say don't look at the money but money pays the bills . By you saying it's more than money your already conceded our money and will bring back another s--- contract

700UW said:
It's the facts.
They are employees at will, DL can change anything at anytime as long as they are within the law.
Nobody said otherwise so you're not telling anybody anything they didn't already know...and it's been that way from day 1 with regards to Delta fleet after quite literally decades and an untold number of failed attempts unionize.

Just read thru the pages upon pages of responses on both the American forum and United's for that matter and listen to to the vitriol and distrust not only in workers feelings towards the management of those airlinrs, but perhaps more telling, the dissatisfaction of union members with the very unions whom represent them. It's quite telling.

I can honestly say thankfully things at Delta aren't nearly as adversarial at Delta and perhaps that's a big reason why unions have never had much success with regards to Delta.

700UW said:
It's the facts.

700 I think it's done?

Forums when I came back used to be at least a fairly decent place to share information especially when this was first a US Fleet thread. I miss those guys that used to participate here. ROA, CB, Ograc, Robbed, P. Rez and others. There were leaders and good people that used to come on here to be informed. Those people aren't here anymore and have all moved on. I don't even think the people who are contributing here are really who they say they are?

I saw a lot of positive feedback on FB from that update that you don't even see one drop of here. Nothing maybe left here but a group of angry people who have other agenda's.

This guy Albert. Just came here a few weeks ago out of nowhere and posts anything he can to undermine. The 2 posters above me, 23 and 32 posts? Questionable? 

I'm NOT buying what they're selling and if there's any decent readers left on here you shouldn't either.  

Reactions: 2 people
topDawg said:
One can only hope that the bad you wish on people would happen to yourself. 

Very clear that you aren't a very good person. I feel very sorry for your coworkers. 
^^^^
This