2015 Fleet Service thread

WeAAsles said:
Tim pushed 85% into voting YES for that horrible UAL contract. Oh I hope he makes a video for us too?

"Vote it down, Vote it down"

Maybe we'll hit a 95% YES if he does it?
He's just been at it for so many years.Was that you that made the ant and rubber tree plant reference?He's not dumb but he blatantly lies so his credibility is shot. If he wasn't so self serving and used his energy positively he'd probably do some good

Reactions: 2 people
Worldport said:
He's just been at it for so many years.Was that you that made the ant and rubber tree plant reference?He's not dumb but he blatantly lies so his credibility is shot. If he wasn't so self serving and used his energy positively he'd probably do some good
It's never going to happen and everyone who ever thought it could be possible from what I've been told has given up. Guaranteed he'll even continue to plug away after he retires. They'll be another off the wall rant soon and eventually he gets tired and moves on to another social media site somewhere.

It happens all the time. Watch.

700UW said:
Yes I do.

Only Sharon I remember is Levine and she was our attorney.

Remember when Chiames sent the enemas?

Yeah, now I remember.

Chiames??  Maybe....how about a refresh.

That was when it started getting hot and heavy here, they started replying and so on.

Remember when I made a sig line with a legal disclaimer as my views and so on weren't necessarily representitive of USAir or any of its blah blah blah....

I was screwing around and next thing you knew, everybody had them....lol

What was it, 2 BK's and 3 give back contracts?

That was some times for sure.

When Chris Chiames send Bob and others fleet enemas after they formed the cockroaches?

Yes, three rounds of concessions, two in the first chapter 11 and one in the second with the abrogation.

And touching base with you when I was in negotiations with information you could pass on.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
It's never going to happen and everyone who ever thought it could be possible from what I've been told has given up. Guaranteed he'll even continue to plug away after he retires. They'll be another off the wall rant soon and eventually he gets tired and moves on to another social media site somewhere.

It happens all the time. Watch.
What does he want ,what is his ultimate goal is it a Bruce "all men want to be rich..." thing? Does he want to be non-elected president for life what? world peace? I don't get it, why can't he be content just drinking his Miller 64s

700UW said:
When Chris Chiames send Bob and others fleet enemas after they formed the cockroaches?

Yes, three rounds of concessions, two in the first chapter 11 and one in the second with the abrogation.

And touching base with you when I was in negotiations with information you could pass on.

I remember that now.

When I was scooping the local......lol

I see a lot of frustration with the recent mergers and such and its hard to deal with but that's life under the RLA and the way they play the game in contract neg's. 

That's about all we had to deal with daily for some 10 or more years. It costs about 400 million to go through BK and I remember under Seth, we only had 200 million for quite some time and then its liquidation time, that went on for a couple years....if we would have had any kind of fart, that would have been it.

You give back and hope and give again and see the same stupid crap all over again. It takes a toll. In PIT alone, I could name an easy dozen who took the suicide route in those days....it was quite disheartening to say the least.

In 2004/2005 being told to sit and read the paper because you needed VP approval to install a $30,000 PRSOV on an engine or repair a nose cowl......after all those years of give backs.

That's when I had enough.

I sincerely hope all concerned fair better today than we did. Good luck.

delldude said:

I remember that now.

When I was scooping the local......lol

I see a lot of frustration with the recent mergers and such and its hard to deal with but that's life under the RLA and the way they play the game in contract neg's. 

That's about all we had to deal with daily for some 10 or more years. It costs about 400 million to go through BK and I remember under Seth, we only had 200 million for quite some time and then its liquidation time, that went on for a couple years....if we would have had any kind of fart, that would have been it.

You give back and hope and give again and see the same stupid crap all over again. It takes a toll. In PIT alone, I could name an easy dozen who took the suicide route in those days....it was quite disheartening to say the least.

In 2004/2005 being told to sit and read the paper because you needed VP approval to install a $30,000 PRSOV on an engine or repair a nose cowl......after all those years of give backs.

That's when I had enough.

I sincerely hope all concerned fair better today than we did. Good luck.
We also had a bad run of incidents on top of that.

delldude said:
No doubt,  most had deeper pockets and bigger bandaids than UAir did. 

Like I said, I hope you all fair better down the road.
Fare better my friend. And thank you for the wish of good fortunes.

Off topic: The new SPirit Airline TA is an absolute disaster. Why in the world would any Spirit employee want to be unionized and branded under those shackles and pay for it? Wow.

Most of the things that matter just say "Same as general population". After 8 years, the Spirit ramper can make just over $14! And get whopping increases over the next 4 years that barely gets him past $15 [top out] in 2019. Folks, many McDonald's workers already make $15 but the SEIU and AFLCIO are pushing for fast food workers and a mimimum wage of $15, yet a union contract that Klemm just signed agrees with management to restrict even top out pay to under $15. Wow.

Tim Nelson said:
Off topic: The new SPirit Airline TA is an absolute disaster. Why in the world would any Spirit employee want to be unionized and branded under those shackles and pay for it? Wow.Most of the things that matter just say "Same as general population". After 8 years, the Spirit ramper can make just over $14! And get whopping increases over the next 4 years that barely gets him past $15 [top out] in 2019. Folks, many McDonald's workers already make $15 but the SEIU and AFLCIO are pushing for fast food workers and a mimimum wage of $15, yet a union contract that Klemm just signed agrees with management to restrict even top out pay to under $15. Wow.
Did you really expect a little rinky dink airline like Spirit to pay our wages even if they only have people in FLL? Besides if FLL institutes an Airport minimum management will have to pay that rate anyway.

The ABSOLUTE most important thing they get in that agreement is Merger and Acquisition Protection language. Let's say one day SWA buys Spirit. SWA management will have to take those employees as well. You do understand that right Tim?

http://iam141.org/Spirit/docs/Spirit-Ramp-Agreement-2015-2020.pdf