2015 Fleet Service thread

topDawg said:
One can only hope that the bad you wish on people would happen to yourself. 

Very clear that you aren't a very good person. I feel very sorry for your coworkers.
A shot to the nuggets, for holding a different opinion, every new contract has a cost mother trucker so why change now? Name one that didn't cost someone's job or a change in work rules.

topDawg said:
One can only hope that the bad you wish on people would happen to yourself. 

Very clear that you aren't a very good person. I feel very sorry for your coworkers.
Dawg, I wonder if he would be praising the company for being fiscally responsible to the shareholders by cutting his job and hiring a part time kid at half his wage.

I'm sure he would since it is the right thing to do for the company...

Oh wait, I forgot one little caveat...

(...as long as I am part of that company and their success when that cut takes place...)

WeAAsles said:
700 I think it's done?

Forums when I came back used to be at least a fairly decent place to share information especially when this was first a US Fleet thread. I miss those guys that used to participate here. ROA, CB, Ograc, Robbed, P. Rez and others. There were leaders and good people that used to come on here to be informed. Those people aren't here anymore and have all moved on. I don't even think the people who are contributing here are really who they say they are?

I saw a lot of positive feedback on FB from that update that you don't even see one drop of here. Nothing maybe left here but a group of angry people who have other agenda's.

This guy Albert. Just came here a few weeks ago out of nowhere and posts anything he can to undermine. The 2 posters above me, 23 and 32 posts? Questionable? 

I'm NOT buying what they're selling and if there's any decent readers left on here you shouldn't either.  
Since when did somebody's post count matter??? If that's more important to you than the content of the person's posts then so be it, but that seems rather childish at best. Is it the fact that i'm a new poster on here that bothers you so much or is it because my views are diametrically opposed to your own? And as i've stated before, i have 20+ years under my belt at the big D so i think i bring a lot to the table, even if we disagree with one another 90% of the time. 

And you don't have buy what i'm selling.....information is, and always has been free if you know where to look and who to talk to.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Dawg, I wonder if he would be praising the company for being fiscally responsible to the shareholders by cutting his job and hiring a part time kid at half his wage.

(...as long as I am part of that company and their success when that cut takes place...)
I would hope Dawg wouldn't entertain such a hypothetical question.....fact of the matter is, that hasn't happened anywhere in the system nor is there reason to believe it will so why even put forth such hyperbole unless you're holding out on us and you're privy to the inner-workings of the G.O. in ATL and you're aware of some dastardly plan that's about to be unleashed upon us.

I suppose it's possible that Alaska tries to pre-empt Delta tomorrow and puts forth a hostile bid.....i mean, you can't say its an impossibility can you?

Lucky777 said:
Since when did somebody's post count matter??? If that's more important to you than the content of the person's posts then so be it, but that seems rather childish at best. Is it the fact that i'm a new poster on here that bothers you so much or is it because my views are diametrically opposed to your own? And as i've stated before, i have 20+ years under my belt at the big D so i think i bring a lot to the table, even if we disagree with one another 90% of the time. 

And you don't have buy what i'm selling.....information is, and always has been free if you know where to look and who to talk to.
Big D? Disagree with each other 90% of the time? 34 posts?

Well obviously whoever you are we haven't gone a few rounds against each other on here if we've disagreed with each other so much?

Did I kick you off a certain group page in the past? Oh and another thing. Having spent 12 years in DFW myself I always thought it was pretty ballsy to say the BIG D so much. The (member) was never quite as large as you guys really thought it was. Grow a (little) humility why don't ya. 

Lucky777 said:
I would hope Dawg wouldn't entertain such a hypothetical question.....fact of the matter is, that hasn't happened anywhere in the system nor is there reason to believe it will so why even put forth such hyperbole unless you're holding out on us and you're privy to the inner-workings of the G.O. in ATL and you're aware of some dastardly plan that's about to be unleashed upon us.

I suppose it's possible that Alaska tries to pre-empt Delta tomorrow and puts forth a hostile bid.....i mean, you can't say its an impossibility can you?

Opinion: Alaska Air could join oneworld soon thereafter
Result: American Airlines fortifies its grip on Asia & west coast U.S. by buying Alaska Air

Keay acknowledges the likelihood of “this series of events happening exactly as we laid out is roughly 0%,” but thinks it reflects changes happening in the industry that will ultimately benefit Alaska Air.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2015/03/06/could-american-airlines-buy-alaska-air/

FlyerTalk member lg20 is skeptical at best: “I think that only one of the brands on the 2013 list is actually gone. So, the track record isn’t great. #1 on the 2013 list was American Airlines, who seem to still be around. At least that was the brand they chose to keep.”
Meanwhile, Alaska Airlines is forging ahead with such innovations as being the first carrier to incorporate new overhead bins from The Boeing Company, which will purportedly increase storage space in its aircraft by up to 48 percent.
As of the time this article was posted here at The Gate, no FlyerTalk member agreed with the prediction — and you can count me as one of them…
…so I will ask you: do you believe that the Alaska Airlines brand will disappear by 2015?

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/blog/29934-alaska-airlines-to-disappear-in-2015.html

And regulatory approval? Not going to happen, Becker and Cunningham say. They write:

We believe any transaction involving Delta Air Lines is sure to be heavily scrutinized by the regulators. Given the difficulty which the American Airlines / US Airways merger had, we seriously doubt the Department of Justice would approve an acquisition of Alaska Airlines, especially given the route overlap. Delta recently announced seasonal service to Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau and Alaska announced new service from  Salt Lake City to Boise, San Francisco and Las Vegas. Earlier this week Alaska announced Anchorage-Las Vegas and Anchorage-Phoenix service.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2013/12/23/delta-air-lines-and-alaska-air-merger-not-going-to-happen/

WeAAsles said:
Big D? Disagree with each other 90% of the time? 34 posts?

Well obviously whoever you are we haven't gone a few rounds against each other on here if we've disagreed with each other so much?

Did I kick you off a certain group page in the past? Oh and another thing. Having spent 12 years in DFW myself I always thought it was pretty ballsy to say the BIG D so much. The (member) was never quite as large as you guys really thought it was. Grow a (little) humility why don't ya. 
Yes, note the usage of the word "IF' when i made the disagree comment. As in future-tense. For whatever reason though, you keep getting stuck on my low post count as some somehow equating to a hinderance on the content of my posts or something. That's on you not me bud so i'll let you figure out your own personal hang-ups.

And while i grant you that the term "Big D' generally speaks towards Dallas, when spoken by a Delta employee i think the term is far more likely to mean Delta but to each their own, that's simply semantics.

Lucky777 said:
Yes, note the usage of the word "IF' when i made the disagree comment. As in future-tense. For whatever reason though, you keep getting stuck on my low post count as some somehow equating to a hinderance on the content of my posts or something. That's on you not me bud so i'll let you figure out your own personal hang-ups.

And while i grant you that the term "Big D' generally speaks towards Dallas, when spoken by a Delta employee i think the term is far more likely to mean Delta but to each their own, that's simply semantics.
Good response. Credit given. So if you're Big D (DL) then, we have a little bit of migration going on?

Seems like none of us birds (guilty myself) like it enough to stay in our own roosts?

At least I hope you're in Fleet and not another DL mechanic come to tell me how great his life is without the nasty Union hordes?

I like the Huns myself and wear my horned helmet proudly.

WeAAsles said:
Good response. Credit given. So if you're Big D (DL) then, we have a little bit of migration going on?

Seems like none of us birds (guilty myself) like it enough to stay in our own roosts?

At least I hope you're in Fleet and not another DL mechanic come to tell me how great his life is without the nasty Union hordes?

I like the Huns myself and wear my horned helmet proudly.
Indeed, it seems there's quite a bit of migration going on on these boards lol....and no, i'm not a mechanic. I was hired on as a ramp rat and i've been one ever since.

Lucky777 said:
Indeed, it seems there's quite a bit of migration going on on these boards lol....and no, i'm not a mechanic. I was hired on as a ramp rat and i've been one ever since.
Ok excellent. Thank you for your participation then. Maybe you can answer some questions for me that I've been asking about for quite awhile in regards to your group? I just haven't ever been able to ever get a straight answer on this at the DL Forums.

How many stations does Delta have in house for ground handling?

How many employees are there total for ground handling?

How many of those employees are Full Time?

How many of those employees are Part Time?

How many of those employees are Ready Reserve?

Have you noticed any Ready Reserve being transitioned over to the better rate of pay?

And when was the last time you know of that someone was transitioned over to the better paid status?

Thank you for any help you can give in advance Lucky.

ready have a good contract

WeAAsles said:
700 I think it's done?

Forums when I came back used to be at least a fairly decent place to share information especially when this was first a US Fleet thread. I miss those guys that used to participate here. ROA, CB, Ograc, Robbed, P. Rez and others. There were leaders and good people that used to come on here to be informed. Those people aren't here anymore and have all moved on. I don't even think the people who are contributing here are really who they say they are?

I saw a lot of positive feedback on FB from that update that you don't even see one drop of here. Nothing maybe left here but a group of angry people who have other agenda's.

This guy Albert. Just came here a few weeks ago out of nowhere and posts anything he can to undermine. The 2 posters above me, 23 and 32 posts? Questionable? 

I'm NOT buying what they're selling and if there's any decent readers left on here you shouldn't either.  
I cant react positively when the head of my union tells me I already have a good contract so relax. The money parker is offering is not just your 3% per year contract. The money he is offering is significant you can pay some of that tuition, put it towards a new kitchen lease a new car  whatever. If there strings attached, well I want to know what they are and will cast my vote accordingly. At least get to the table. Oh and weAAz CB and P Rez were on the negotiating team and through their information gave us a reason to hope for something better

Albert said:
ready have a good contract

I cant react positively when the head of my union tells me I already have a good contract so relax. The money parker is offering is not just your 3% per year contract. The money he is offering is significant you can pay some of that tuition, put it towards a new kitchen lease a new car  whatever. If there strings attached, well I want to know what they are and will cast my vote accordingly. At least get to the table. Oh and weAAz CB and P Rez were on the negotiating team and through their information gave us a reason to hope for something better

So CB and P.Rez getting YOU $4 now $5 more per hour is not something you consider to be a dramatic improvement? They negotiated it and held firm on your SCOPE in those talks as well.

If you're ok with the "possibility" of being displaced if that language changes then by all means you should tell them to hurry up and get the job done.

You know who put out that update and you also know it was the perspective of just one person sitting in that room that was kind enough to share his viewpoint. If this winds up being the overall opinion on that viewpoint then he should honestly just discontinue from sharing it.

Reactions: 1 person
bob@las-AA said:
A shot to the nuggets, for holding a different opinion, every new contract has a cost mother trucker so why change now? Name one that didn't cost someone's job or a change in work rules.
Wow dude. Giving up concessions when your company is making billions.
now I don't know if you should work in AA management or TWU management. It is clear though that you are gunning for a management job somewhere.  

Glenn Quagmire said:

exactly. Bob loves anything AA does to save money as long as it doesn't hurt him negatively. 
plenty of people like that at Delta too. 
The I got mine crowd is why managements across the industry have made labor their b**ch. 

Lucky777 said:

Pretty sure Glenn was talking about at AA and bob. 

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
Wow dude. Giving up concessions when your company is making billions.
now I don't know if you should work in AA management or TWU management. It is clear though that you are gunning for a management job somewhere.  

exactly. Bob loves anything AA does to save money as long as it doesn't hurt him negatively. 
plenty of people like that at Delta too. 
The I got mine crowd is why managements across the industry have made labor their b**ch. 

Pretty sure Glenn was talking about at AA and bob. 

In life, someone is always better off at the expense of someone else, I intend to get mine.

WeAAsles said:
So CB and P.Rez getting YOU $4 now $5 more per hour is not something you consider to be a dramatic improvement? They negotiated it and held firm on your SCOPE in those talks as well.

If you're ok with the "possibility" of being displaced if that language changes then by all means you should tell them to hurry up and get the job done.

You know who put out that update and you also know it was the perspective of just one person sitting in that room that was kind enough to share his viewpoint. If this winds up being the overall opinion on that viewpoint then he should honestly just discontinue from sharing it.
If the company is pushing to farm out and displace hundreds of people  Then Im fine with waiting until this current contract is over. At least get to the table and see what they have to offer. CB and Prez although good people, would not have gotten us that kind of money without the merger. You are somewhat  to the union( not as extreme) what WT is to DL. Im somewhere in the middle and open minded and iVe been here since I was 18 years old and have seen and heard a lot