2015 Fleet Service thread

Given the track record of Fleet at US, if you flash a significant wage increase their way they will sit idle while the outsourcing flood gate opens. They did it for a lot less in 2005 at the expense of 24 stations being outsourced.

Reactions: 2 people
wings396 said:
I believe that most of his comments on scope pertained to the questions asked by the CWA rep. Her group has several small stations with no mainline flying that are staffed with top scale ML employees. The rest was about the group that drives carts and pushes wheelchairs.
That lady who asked about all the SCOPE violations was very pissed off. I don't think Isom's response alleviated the situation? It sounded like he was basically stating that they're going to do what we need to do on the 17th irregardless of the violations because they don't have much of a choice?

How it sounded to me.

AANOTOK said:
To me, it just lays the ground work for all work groups. While he is responding to the rep you refer to, he is speaking to all. To pay a majority of the current employees Delta plus, there needs to be less of them (outsource) and any future new hires will make significantly less, maybe with an extremely slow progression scale. Just my opinion as to what I read between the lines.
I didn't hear much in regards to outsourcing more work in his comments if it were in regards to us. What he did say was that they weren't going to bring in any new work or old work back to the mainline. Things like wheelchair pushers, cart drivers and probably even people who direct passengers where to go. They don't want to pay the high wages for easy jobs. A lot of those jobs the CWA US side has but they subsidized them by being paid a much lower wage for different jobs and places they work. (Take a look at page 198 down)

http://cwa3641.com/images/CWAContractAllAgreements.pdf

I don't think ultimately we'll get a second tier pay scale but the US side has a top out that takes 12 years to reach over our 9 years. I can see maybe a little change there?

Just wanted to put my two cents in.

I just hope you guys get the best deal possible while preserving scope as well. Scope is the most important thing, even more than money.
The company will throw money at you to give it up. Just look at our situation here at UA. People took the money and her we are........  WE lost so much, and cut so deep, it isn't funny. And the metrics shows..... Worst in all customer service metrics.  Hopefully the new boss will understand what he is faced with.

A good deal for you (and hopefully WN) will help us in our upcoming deal in '16. The IAM had better learn some serious lessons from the Association, and do what is right. 

Reactions: 4 people
You may be right WeAA, as I stated though, to me he will give you and I that pay if we survive in one of the hubs, but all bets are off with new hires and stations they want to outsource. And in my opinion, that is all work groups. Hope I'm wrong, but we will see soon enough.

2005 was a chapter 11 CBA, they didn't throw money at them.

That was the transition agreement in 2008 combining US/HP.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Ok excellent. Thank you for your participation then. Maybe you can answer some questions for me that I've been asking about for quite awhile in regards to your group? I just haven't ever been able to ever get a straight answer on this at the DL Forums.

How many stations does Delta have in house for ground handling?
I really should know this off the top of my head but ufnfortunately i don't....i was guessing around 23 though, maybe Kev knows for sure.
How many employees are there total for ground handling?
Last number i seem to recall was around 14,000 but that was a few years aago so it's no doubt changed since then.
How many of those employees are Full Time?
No earthly idea...in the hubs i would have to guess a good deal more than 50%, but the outlier stations are probably closer to 50% full time and 50% ready reserve/part-time

How many of those employees are Part Time?
Part-time and ready reserve are lumped together for whatever reason when stations look at their overall staffing needs so it's difficult to say quite honestly.

How many of those employees are Ready Reserve?

Have you noticed any Ready Reserve being transitioned over to the better rate of pay?
For the past few years, whenever Delta announced system-wide raises the ready reserves have always taken part in that....now, as far as whether or not it was the same percentage of raise that benefitted employees got i can't say, perhaps a ready reserve could chime in with the answer to that.

And when was the last time you know of that someone was transitioned over to the better paid status?
In the hub cities? It can happen rather quickly, as in a matter of months up to a year. If you're not fortunate enough to be located in a hub then you're talking MANY years, and even then it's probably a crap shoot. If benefits are what you're ultimately after and you get hired on in a smaller station then your best bet is to transfer over to a hub when you're given the chance otherwise it could be a very long wait.

Thank you for any help you can give in advance Lucky.

wings396 said:
Given the track record of Fleet at US, if you flash a significant wage increase their way they will sit idle while the outsourcing flood gate opens. They did it for a lot less in 2005 at the expense of 24 stations being outsourced.
Thats why  the union has to be careful what they bring to vote. If the LAA CSA people see a 9 dollar raise the wont care if they get those outsourced jobs back

T5towbar said:
Just wanted to put my two cents in.

I just hope you guys get the best deal possible while preserving scope as well. Scope is the most important thing, even more than money.
The company will throw money at you to give it up. Just look at our situation here at UA. People took the money and her we are........  WE lost so much, and cut so deep, it isn't funny. And the metrics shows..... Worst in all customer service metrics.  Hopefully the new boss will understand what he is faced with.

A good deal for you (and hopefully WN) will help us in our upcoming deal in '16. The IAM had better learn some serious lessons from the Association, and do what is right. 
Thanks T5. Glad to hear from you again. Yea I've been reading that it's all one big clusterpuck over there. I really hope things all work out though. Don't want to sail backwards anymore so it's important for all of us for UAL to start getting their #### straight.

Hopefully your new boss isn't the same as the old boss? Hasta la vista baby to that guy.

Lucky777 said:

Ok excellent. Thank you for your participation then. Maybe you can answer some questions for me that I've been asking about for quite awhile in regards to your group? I just haven't ever been able to ever get a straight answer on this at the DL Forums.

I really should know this off the top of my head but ufnfortunately i don't....i was guessing around 23 though, maybe Kev knows for sure.
Last number i seem to recall was around 14,000 but that was a few years aago so it's no doubt changed since then.
No earthly idea...in the hubs i would have to guess a good deal more than 50%, but the outlier stations are probably closer to 50% full time and 50% ready reserve/part-time

Part-time and ready reserve are lumped together for whatever reason when stations look at their overall staffing needs so it's difficult to say quite honestly.

Have you noticed any Ready Reserve being transitioned over to the better rate of pay?
For the past few years, whenever Delta announced system-wide raises the ready reserves have always taken part in that....now, as far as whether or not it was the same percentage of raise that benefitted employees got i can't say, perhaps a ready reserve could chime in with the answer to that.

And when was the last time you know of that someone was transitioned over to the better paid status?
In the hub cities? It can happen rather quickly, as in a matter of months up to a year. If you're not fortunate enough to be located in a hub then you're talking MANY years, and even then it's probably a crap shoot. If benefits are what you're ultimately after and you get hired on in a smaller station then your best bet is to transfer over to a hub when you're given the chance otherwise it could be a very long wait.

Thanks Lucky.

You see (Not trying to sell you) but that's another thing I like about my contract. We have it in our language to be able to monitor the growth or lack of growth for FT jobs. We also have language to prevent the company from inundating us with PTers.

But yea it's the same here on getting at least to the FT status faster if you move to a hub.  

Lucky777 said:

There are M/L ramp employees in 43 stations...

Hubs aren't at 50/50 yet, but at least a few line stations are actually over 50% RR already...

PT is not lumped in with RR's. FT and PT are mixed together. I agree with you that it makes any sort of breakdown hard, though...

The united/IAM contract the IAM leadership brought to the membership to vote on twice is a black eye in the industry. We will all feel the affects from the POS contract. Wish the IAM leadership had used better strategy
but hey,

700UW said:
Funny your brothers and sisters overwhelming ratified.

john john said:
The united/IAM contract the IAM leadership brought to the membership to vote on twice is a black eye in the industry. We will all feel the affects from the POS contract. Wish the IAM leadership had used better strategy
but hey,

I always have to throw this one back and T5 will tell you. (Not to rub salt in a wound) But the Continental side stayed without a Union (Employment contract) for almost 30 years. That's what they brought to the table before the merger, nothing. No language at all either weak or strong. They got the IBT in to work from scratch air and got a tiny bit. They didn't like that so they got in the IAM to TRY and get them some more. T5 will tell you that they got some more protection in the first TA but voted that down. They wanted more money. So they got more money but gave away the farm so to speak. 

The only fault that I do give to the IAM is on how they sold it. The glossy (Look over here) pamphlets were shameful, IMO. I personally don't want my Union to sell me ANY bill of goods. I'm an adult and can read the entire language on my own (including any fine print)

The negotiators for the US contract DID NOT try and entice the eyes while writing everything else so small you need a magnifying glass. I commend and commended them for that. (And those are the same guys negotiating for me right now)

How many times are you going to repeat the same bs?

T5 has explained to you over and over.

And you always forget the PMUS IAM/CBA, which has the best scope language.

700UW said:
How many times are you going to repeat the same bs?

T5 has explained to you over and over.

And you always forget the PMUS IAM/CBA, which has the best scope language.
700UW do you or can you find a copy of that IBT agreement for Co ramp? Maybe we should all in the interest of knowledge, read what the IBT handed over to the IAM?

Latest posts