2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AA JFK International boys are delighted with the inflow of new blood from Phoenix. Captain Mike Daley has been an especially welcome addition to the 767 list. The F/Os have learned much from Mike. His extensive international experience in Australia is the talk of the base.

Jimmie Walton is hurting deeply in DFW as his former AWA mates bid in on top of him in droves. His American classmates can't believe what an idiot he is. He backed the Nic all the way which would have only made things worse for them. Jimmie is not looking too good these days and is gaining weight.

Meanwhile, the cross bidding among former AA and US East bases has gone without a hitch. Everyone has been made to feel welcome and there has been none of the drama seen from the likes of Ray, De Vicq and Carvallo.

We are realizing what you east pilots have put up with over a long period, the west does not have the best reputation.........a lot seem very entitled, and then the story of the west pilot that kicked a door in on an international flight, what a group.

I roamed the internet for articles that might tell us who Thomas Gary Smith was and why he would have been mentioned in the "Drug Tug" case

On January 10, 1988 The Arizona Republic ran a story on fugitives and mentioned that Thomas Gary Smith aka George Earl Hannah was convicted in Massachusetts in 1978 for smuggling marijuana. He disappeared and next turned up in Michigan as Thomas Gary Vance. He was arrested in Sacramento California December 3,1987 in connection with a conspiracy charge. Three America West Pilots, Earl Patrick Thurston, Robert J Russell, and Carl Joe Webster part of this conspiracy which took place in 1985.

This smuggling operation was linked to Jaime Bermudez-Botero. These pilots were charged with using a DC-6 aircraft to fly marijuana into Texas, and Arizona from Columbia. The aircraft was registered to Desert Petroleum. The principle in Desert Petroleum was "Ralph Carmichael" which was an alias used by Thurston. The three pilots were released on bail, but Smith who was also arrested in this case was not given bail. July 15, 1989, Helmut B Bubbel, the owner of the Pump House Restaurant in Fairbanks, Alaska was charged as a co-conspirator. Bubbel's attorney, Edward Novak said his client had an outstanding military record and hadn't done anything wrong in his entire life. He was former Vice President of the Fairbanks Convention and Visitors Center. He was charged with meeting with Smith and Thurston to plan the purchase of the plane for $ 315,000.00. It was speculated that Helmut Bubbel had been, perhaps was a CIA operative.

Before Thomas Gary Smith and Helmet Bubbel's trial began in June of 1990, the three America West Pilots had accepted plea bargains that required them to be witnesses for the prosecution. It was decided that Smith was the key member of the plot. Smith's attorney was Bernie Segal from San Francisco. Prosecutors said Smith headed an arm of an international marijuana smuggling operation that was paying for Smith's defense and the prosecutors said that Segal had a conflict of interest. Segal moved to remove himself, but his request was not granted.

Earl Thurston, a former Vice President of America West was to be the government's star witness against Thomas Gary Smith The Judge was US District Judge Paul Rosenblatt. The three pilots, Thurston, Russell , and Wobser said they became part of the conspiracy because it was big money and a bit of adventure. All three were founding pilots of America West. Thurston, a Vice President, said the scheme took them from Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Columbia and Arube. Thurston had been a pilot with the CIA Airlines Air America. The three pilots were sentenced to two years and testified against Smith who was convicted. The Bureau of Prisons web site now says that the three pilots were unknown to the prison system and were never incarcerated. Smith, who was convicted, was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Bernard Segal said Smith was just a middle man and prosecutors wanted to punish him because he would not cooperate.

Reactions: CAVOK
Wobser hired the scab Dailey.
Dubberly and Burkett are loathed on the 330 in Phil. Nobody wants to be anywhere near them.
Dubberly will treat the crew with no respect, then sulk when he gets ditched on the layover.
Burkett simply is a stool pigeon.
Thurston hired a boatload of scabs and losers.

Last edited:
Tom you are such a whinny lil ***** don’t wait till aug retire now. I’m having zero problems with anyone on the 330 in fact I’m have more fun than ive had in years. The only down side is people like u that can’t let go of the past. But look at it this way in just a few short months you’ll be on the beach and I’ll still be flying. In 6yrs G4 captain. Now I know that makes you happy seeing as how you will never see the Left seat. Don’t worry I will send you a photo of me sitting there copied off of my Facebook page so you can post it right here. Enjoy Tom Is that retirement date is fast approaching 2018 what a lovely time take care

#3798Claxon, Apr 25, 2015
2 · August 20, 2013 at 10:32am.
https://www.facebook.com/TexasAttorneyGeneral/posts/713371275346787

Is russ ok? russ sounded a little down last year because he wanted his family to breath.

Unlike the east pilots for many years before brother russ's concerns. If you wear an amr tie or lanyard or any apa paraphernalia, you are providing lubricant for the company and apa.
Tom you are such a whinny lil ***** don’t wait till aug retire now. I’m having zero problems with anyone on the 330 in fact I’m have more fun than ive had in years. The only down side is people like u that can’t let go of the past. But look at it this way in just a few short months you’ll be on the beach and I’ll still be flying. In 6yrs G4 captain. Now I know that makes you happy seeing as how you will never see the Left seat. Don’t worry I will send you a photo of me sitting there copied off of my Facebook page so you can post it right here. Enjoy Tom Is that retirement date is fast approaching 2018 what a lovely time take care

Please pay attention in recurrent when they cover exits, and normal entries. All the instructors seem to smirk when they cover this topic in recent times.
Hopefully for you, you won't stroke out before you get your coveted and unearned G4 spot. Things don't always go the way we plan.

Reactions: CAVOK and dariencc

Hey Burkett, please explain to us all how you manage to be able to proclaim "fit for duty" after commuting cross country from Sacramento to philadelphia and then embarking on a transatlantic flight on the same day you commute in? Inquiring minds would like to know.....

I’m having zero problems with anyone on the 330 in fact I’m have more fun than ive had in years. The only down side is people like u that can’t let go of the past.

This is such a crock. My friends on the 330 say that no one can stand flying with Ray or Dubberly. Two peas in a pod. Weird and abrasive. The West of the Westies are fine.

Even the F/As are leery of Ray. The crazed door kicking episode freaked out the crew on that flight and word traveled fast to the rest of the Philly base.

Reactions: Claxon
Even your lies sound like bullsht. I usually go out with the fa’s and most often like last evening the entire cockpit crew. Say what you want post all the lies u want makes no difference to me. I know the truth while clowns like you keep coming on here with “my sources and my friends said this”. You’re a joke

I usually go out with the fa’s and most often like last evening the entire cockpit crew.

Oh, Please. As if this means anything. Crew members go out in groups all the time and don't exclude people like in Junior High. Doesn't mean they like everyone.

Ray has quickly been tagged as a hyperactive loudmouth with a "Facebook" personality. Talks constantly about the mundane details of his life, imagining that they are of great interest to everyone present.

One of my 330 buddies said, "The blowhard could make a story out of going to the 7-11."

Reactions: CAVOK and Claxon
IMG_1405.JPG

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:06 PM
Subject: U-Turn: Where Politics Needs to Stop

U-Turn Nation:

Under the heading of "You can't make up this stuff," we read the below on a popular blog entitled flightinfo.com. It is reposted in its entirety, without edit. As we have often posted, U-Turn will not get into the Addington DFR debate. That will be solved by the courts. But attempting to turn Captain Sullenberger's appointment to US Airways' management safety team into a political issue? All we can say is consider the source.

U-Turn will accept letters expressing differing opinions, but we also reserve the right not to post them. U-Turn believes that safety is not and should never be turned into a political issue.

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: Jetz and props
Ratings: ATP, MEI, FE B-727, B-737 type
Curr Position: Flying for the aquiring airline
Total Time: 11,000

Sully, welcome to Phoenix
Open letter to Doug Parker.

September 28, 2009
Mr. Douglas Parker
CEO & Chairman of the Board
US Airways, Inc.
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281

VIA EMAIL

Dear Doug:

I'm writing to express my complete and utter disappointment with
today's announcement that Captain Sullenberger will be appointed to a
management position within the company. In fact, as a result of Capt.
Sullenberger's decision to use his new found fame as a weapon against
1800 former America West pilots in a recent federal court case over
pilot seniority, I find the company's announcement particularly
insulting. Not only does this decision now forever discredit the
company's purported "neutrality" in the pilot seniority issue, but it
also calls in to question the credibility of the entire safety
management team. As I hope you'll agree, it is in everybody's best
interests to keep flight safety an issue that is far removed from
politics.

I can respect that Capt. Sullenberger has his own personal opinions
regarding the seniority situation, however, I believe that his
decision to testify in court raises reasonable question as to his
ability to adequately perform his new duties without bias. Capt.
Sullenberger did not provide any relevant testimony in the case, and
was only called to testify by USAPA in the hopes that his celebrity
status would unfairly influence a jury. Instead of limiting the use
his celebrity status in support of productive goals such as promoting
aviation safety and the image of US Airways, he blatantly abused that
status by unnecessarily inserting himself on the losing side of an
issue that he played no prior role in. I cannot be reasonably assured
that he would not similarly misuse his position in management.

While I'm certain that this letter will fall on deaf ears, I can
assure you that this letter by no means an end to this issue, and that
you will be in need of much more than a well polished statement at a
crew news session to address it.

Sincerely,
/s/
Mitch Vasin
PHX 320 FO

Reactions: CAVOK and dariencc
Status
Not open for further replies.