2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention: AWAPPA SHOPPERS! (Part II)

A couple of U-Turns ago, we sent one out called “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!” We still believe it. And we still believe that as long as ALPA is off the property, they can’t pull a “fair and equitable” on us and force us to share UAL’s Downsizing pain. Yes, you ARE protected by the TA. And nothing AWAPPA says is going to change that.

But our former MEC leadership is still in total denial. They act like ALPA is still the CBA. Former LAS FO Rep Ray Burkett is living in a dream world. This is the “Ray Solution:”

To: <[email protected]>; "Scott Lillard" <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>; "CJ Szmal" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: U-Turn: ATTN: AWAPPA Shoppers!

Well this was what I has hoping to avoid!! The key here people is to set
up with UAL and get a prenup. Parker and team are not about to let u sap
ass block their deal with UAL. We need to focus on reaching out to as many
people in the UAL MEC as we ALL CAN. FENCE the prick in the east for 30yrs

Ray Burkett
C82 First officer Rep
Vice Chairman

Earth to Ray! Set up a “prenup” with UAL? Ray, ALPA’s not our CBA any more. And YOU aren’t the C82 FO Rep anymore. C82 doesn’t exist anymore. In fact, the entire LAS base isn’t going to last through the fall!

Sorry, Ray, but the UAL MEC isn’t going to give you or AWAPPA the time of day. They are represented by ALPA and ALPA is hanging it out if they negotiate with any group that isn’t the CBA. If they do and get caught at it, they could end up with a DFR that will make their $50+ million Duke-Spellacy settlement in the 1990s look like a parking ticket fine. The UAL MEC Merger Attorney is AWAPPA’s Jeff Freund. Can you say conflict of interest? How can he represent us and the UAL pilots at the same time? How can he give us any legal advice on defending the NIC while he’s representing UAL’s MEC? If a merger announcement is made, who do you think he will represent?

Enough of Ray’s fantasy union. At the bottom of this U-Turn is a summary of the first round of planned reductions over at UAL. The source is their internal employee “newsline.” We believe that the information is authentic. Note that the “first set of changes… will enable us to remove 30 of our B737 aircraft, the least efficient of our fleet.” At 6.5 crews (13 pilots) per aircraft, that’s a hit of 390 pilots on the streets. Proportionally, that would mean a furlough of about 148 LCC pilots if we were “fairly and equitably” sharing the pain.

The UAL internal forecast is just a blip on the radar screen when compared to the “What if” comments by Chicago Tribune reporter Julie Johnsson, written yesterday. According to her article (paraphrased, because of copy write laws – the link is: <http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-sun-united-tilton-mergermay11,0,1669926.story> http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-sun-united-tilton-mergermay11,0,1669926.story), the New “U” could park the entire 737-300 fleet (111 aircraft) of both carriers, producing over a billion dollars synergies.

At 13 pilots per plane, that’s an 11% reduction or 1443-pilot furlough from the total of approximately 13,000 active pilots. Proportionally, under ALPA’s “fair and equitable pain sharing,” the West hit could be about 192 furloughs.

So, does anyone really want a piece of that “fair and equitable” ALPA-pie or a Ray Burkett “prenup?” As much as you might hate USAPA, Ray, they do control both contracts. More importantly, they control the TA and its floor of 120 West planes and 202 East planes.

The U-Turn

Airline Capacity Reductions --

Fall Schedule Reflects More Strategic, Profitable Flying Choices; Capacity Reductions Posted May 9, 2008

Fall schedule changes reflecting our previously announced capacity reductions in narrowbody flying are being finalized. The reductions are part of our five-point plan announced April 22 to combat fuel costs in an extremely challenging environment and are intended to maximize profitable flying. The first set of changes, which are effective September 2, represents approximately 75 percent of our planned capacity reductions. When complete, these reductions will enable us to remove 30 of our B737 aircraft, the least efficient of our fleet.

"With the reality of record-high fuel prices and a softening U.S. economy, we need to resize our business as reductions are occurring across the industry to address these unprecedented challenges," says John Tague, chief operating officer. "This will enable us to leverage our capacity discipline to continue to lead the industry in passing on commodity costs like fuel surcharges, developing new revenue streams like our second checked bag policy, and reducing non-fuel costs and planned capital expenditures."

The focus on the fall schedule resulted in decreased frequency in several markets, but increases in others where we see profitable demand and less competitive pressure. Those markets that will see added flying include several Canadian cities from our DEN and ORD hubs.

In total, capacity reductions reflected in the schedule effective Saturday, May 10, vary from hub to hub, based on market conditions:

Hub Departures Percent of Consolidated
UA/UAX Departures
San Francisco 12/5
Los Angeles 12/5
Denver 19/4
Washington Dulles 9/3
Chicago 0/0

These changes represent 75 percent of our commitment to reduce domestic mainline capacity by 30 aircraft. The remaining 25 percent will announced later this month as we continue to closely analyze our schedule.

We are also focusing on more profitable international flying with widebody aircraft, such as our announcement earlier this week to launch service to Moscow and Dubai from our Washington Dulles hub (see the May 9 NewsReal). The aircraft for these two new destinations will be available as a result of our decision to delay our San Francisco-Guangzhou service, as well as our seasonal schedule changes.

The private law school once boasted bar-passage rates of 97 percent but has seen its percentages drop to 25 percent among first-time test takers in Arizona. Wochit

Private law school in downtown Phoenix has seen its bar-passage rates drop to 25 percent for those who took test for the first time.
TWEET 107LINKEDIN 3COMMENTEMAILMORE
The American Bar Association put Arizona Summit Law School on probation Monday for a variety of issues, including low passage rates on the bar exam and the school's admission policies.

The private law school, founded in 2004, once boasted bar-passage rates as high as 97 percent but has seen its percentages drop to 25 percent for those taking the test for the first time.

The ABA is one of several agencies that accredit or regulate Arizona Summit, which is owned by a for-profit company, InfiLaw Corp. InfiLaw also owns law schools in North Carolina and Florida.

ABA has directed the school to develop an improvement plan by May 15. The ABA also will send a representative to review the school's admissions data and methodology and the overall rigor of the program.

The bar, in a letter on Monday, said that Arizona Summit is out of compliance regarding admission practices, academic standards, and support and bar passage.

The letter says the law school is now in a position where "only immediate and substantial action can bring about sufficient change to put the Law School on a realistic path back to being in compliance within the time allowed."

The ABA expects to review the school's progress in November.

Passage rates among those taking the test for the first time at Arizona Summit peaked at 97 percent in 2008 but fell to 55 percent in July 2014 and 25 percent in July 2016. Results of the February bar exam won’t be available until May 12.. The bar exam is scheduled twice a year.

There are a couple of ways a school can meet ABA's bar passage requirements. At least 75 percent of a law school's graduates must pass the bar within five years of graduation; or a school must have a 75 percent pass rate for at least three of those five years.

Arizona Summit's rates on those measures was not immediately known.

The school's president, Donald Lively, said in a statement on Monday that he is not in a position to make extensive comments on the ABA's decision.

"However, I can say that we will continue to be taking the steps required by the ABA to demonstrate full compliance with its standards," he said.

Reactions: CAVOK and dariencc
Mitch Vasin attacking Mike Cleary again.
Cleary owned Vasin. Look where young Mitch ended up on list versus Nic.
Nice job Mike.
Mitch pocketed millions for Marty Harper.
Mike Cleary lives in Mitch's head for a steep price.

Ray fit in perfectly with that wild and fun Tempe culture. Try to suppress your belly laughs as you watch this zany video full of kooky Phoenix hijinks.

Did the Australian douc*e who hosted the nutty "America West AwareView" video come from Ansett? What a dynamic, productive and fun corporate combination.

This was well before the ink dried on Capn Aux's CFI, or he surely would have been in it. Even Kothny was not on the property as Res Judicata.
Now the Legacy AA pilots shake their heads as the PHX 2004 hires flood into the 320 captain seats in LAX.
Perhaps their merger committee should have been more astute, and not embraced the Nic so readily as a bargaining chip to shelve aging LUS pilots. Now, they have to endure the rest of their careers behind AWA 2004 hires....

Reactions: dariencc
Oh, Please. As if this means anything. Crew members go out in groups all the time and don't exclude people like in Junior High. Doesn't mean they like everyone.

Ray has quickly been tagged as a hyperactive loudmouth with a "Facebook" personality. Talks constantly about the mundane details of his life, imagining that they are of great interest to everyone present.

One of my 330 buddies said, "The blowhard could make a story out of going to the 7-11."

HAHAHAH still pissed off huh? You will get over soon kiddo. See the funny part about your bullshit is I only talk when there is a conversation in progress and rarely if ever start a convo! Im all for your right to lie and spread he said she said. Now what interaction have YOU PERSONALLY HAD WITH ME hmmmmmm? NONE! See like a grade school child you spread bullshit rumors in hopes of gaining some traction, but outside of you little circle of clowns here you got ZERO. Now anytime you wish to speak to me like a man and not like child hiding behind this keyboard Im available for coffee before my trips and I will even buy!! Now until that time, I suggest you chill as you are really looking ignorant right about now...

Cya

This was well before the ink dried on Capn Aux's CFI, or he surely would have been in it. Even Kothny was not on the property as Res Judicata.
Now the Legacy AA pilots shake their heads as the PHX 2004 hires flood into the 320 captain seats in LAX.
Perhaps their merger committee should have been more astute, and not embraced the Nic so readily as a bargaining chip to shelve aging LUS pilots. Now, they have to endure the rest of their careers behind AWA 2004 hires....

Bid capt Tom and stop all this bitchin like a small child!! You can train in FEB be done by March and get in 4 1/2 months before your 65th birthday. That may even ease some of your heartburn with us FORMER west pilots. God knows we have all be nice to you yet you come on here and berate us and spread lies. TOM the seniority deal is OVER my man OVERRRRRRRRRRR!!! No one got what they wanted but many of us have accepted and moved on. This is going to give you a heart attack man. Call project wingman or something before you do, Im serious. All bullshit aside I dont wish death or ill will upon any man/woman east west or laa. Let this mess go man...

Cya

Hey Burkett, please explain to us all how you manage to be able to proclaim "fit for duty" after commuting cross country from Sacramento to philadelphia and then embarking on a transatlantic flight on the same day you commute in? Inquiring minds would like to know.....

This is really about the dumbest post ever. Only and certified DUMBASS would post it. Many pilots and FA's commute long distance. Think before you post something like this and how it can effect all pilots.

This is really about the dumbest post ever. Only and certified DUMBASS would post it. Many pilots and FA's commute long distance. Think before you post something like this and how it can effect all pilots.

No Burkett, it is you who is showing their ignorance. Maybe this from the FAA website will help give you a clue:

Fitness for duty. The FAA expects pilots and airlines to take joint responsibility when considering if a pilot is fit for duty, including fatigue resulting from pre-duty activities such as commuting. At the beginning of each flight segment, a pilot is required to affirmatively state his or her fitness for duty. If a pilot reports he or she is fatigued and unfit for duty, the airline must remove that pilot from duty immediately.

All it would take is someone to review your commute from Sacramento and transatlantic flights in the same evening , forward the info to the FAA and you would lose your certificate for a while for falsely certifying fit for duty. Good luck loser...

We are realizing what you east pilots have put up with over a long period, the west does not have the best reputation.........a lot seem very entitled, and then the story of the west pilot that kicked a door in on an international flight, what a group.

In full fairness AA76: I've met a fair amount of ex AWA sorts who are every bit much like "us" and NOT some deranged infants. I've had the pleasure now of flying with a few of "yours"/legacy AA that reasonably share your concerns, but the truth is they're/AWA hardly all infantile idiots by any means. I've always suspected an initially small percentage of them originated the whole self-entitled "Army" of laughably supposed "Spartans" and the rest, to admittedly their discredit, simply got carried along for the ridiculous ride. I honestly doubt that you've much of anything to seriously concern yourself with if/when flying with the majority of of ex AWA folks. The rabid buffoon so easily rising to any bait on this thread is hardly "the brightest bulb" within their ranks. Their "A330PYLT" posting here is obviously just a foolish village idiot, but he's not universally representative of the whole group.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAVOK and dariencc
Ray is melting down as he feebly denies that he is a pariah on the A330. Sad.
HAHAHAHAHAAH well if I am its totally not noticed but hey it makes you feel good to come on a forum of about 6 of you clowns and profess it. Let me know if you ever get to the G4 fleet;) until then carry on.

No Burkett, it is you who is showing their ignorance. Maybe this from the FAA website will help give you a clue:

Fitness for duty. The FAA expects pilots and airlines to take joint responsibility when considering if a pilot is fit for duty, including fatigue resulting from pre-duty activities such as commuting. At the beginning of each flight segment, a pilot is required to affirmatively state his or her fitness for duty. If a pilot reports he or she is fatigued and unfit for duty, the airline must remove that pilot from duty immediately.

All it would take is someone to review your commute from Sacramento and transatlantic flights in the same evening , forward the info to the FAA and you would lose your certificate for a while for falsely certifying fit for duty. Good luck loser...

Listen up and pay attention ok, fitness of duty if based PURELY ON THE PERSON REPORTING FIT!! Now I know you and the rest of your band of clowns are looking for any and all reasons to cause us former west pilots harm simply because you refuse to let go. I have never in my LIFE take a trip for which I was unfit to operate and the mere fact that you come on a public forum and insinuate that I in some way have is beyond insulting. This would amount to my stating that you drink to much and to close to the limits on your overnights. Now unless you have PERSONALLY FLOWN A TRIP WITH ME AND SEEN WHERE I WAS UNFIT TO OPERATE I would suggest you STFU until you do!!! If you are not G4 STFU period!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.