2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix said:
$10B in two years, and not one inch toward a new culture.
Their attitude is a deal breaker.
APA has bent over backwards to support the merger and to allow Parker to keep his promises about what he was going to do once the merger was sucessful. (Does anyone remember he said the merger synergies would net $1B?....)
Today is that day that everyone has lived all these years to fight for. Today.
You reap what you sow.

Reactions: 5 people
Hired early 88. Those senior to myself determined that a 5 year B scale was fine for me as did the AA crowd earlier. Ya see, it's really " all bout me " !

Those like minded folk did not hold the majority and a more representative type contract was attained pre 911.

That was oh so short lived with a miriad of mgt/economic excuses to keep this East pilot below industry standards since 911.

Now as I approach my last offered contract of my career I am too just " vote yes " cause the majority already fell for this pos mou ?
APA requested no input from this group before conjuring up the MOU in sleazy fashion.
Their numbers along with the West assured my last contract to be substandard .

W/O exception in my life I get what I pay for.

I will NOT vote to allow this Mgt team to acquire said offer for this collective group of talent.

This trend has continued for my 27 years. Do you folk really wanna let this continue ?

As for NYC, publicly the East knows he's a stait shooter and has been beyond righteous in support of my seniority. He has endured direct w2 losses in support. I can absolutely understand his above current views.

They just don't jive with mine and that's OK , because democracy should prevail regardless of
" all about me " views. :)

FA

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah....we're really gonna show those management types with a cost neutral arbitration.

"The operation was a success, but the patient died."

Two month ago most of the pilots I talked to thought the flight attendants were bonkers to reject their offer and get a pay cut instead.  Now we are willing to go open-eyed into a similar, but somehat worse. situation just to prove whose is bigger.  

Does anyone really think management cares whether they will be in a decades long battle with the APA?  Does anyone in APA leadership understand history, the RLA and how ungodly tilted the paying field is?

It bears repeating: WE ARE NOT IN SECTION 6 NEGOTIATIONS.  The company could have proffered arbitration after the first meet with the NC and walked away smelling like a rose, financially speaking.  Now, it appears that the pilots want to, in effect, do just that in a show of power.  How pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people
nycbusdriver said:

It bears repeating: WE ARE NOT IN SECTION 6 NEGOTIATIONS.  The company could have proffered arbitration after the first meet with the NC and walked away smelling like a rose, financially speaking.  Now, it appears that the pilots want to, in effect, do just that in a show of power.  How pathetic.
It makes no difference weather we are in section 6 or not. Anything or everything could be put on the table. Section 6 would allow us to strike? The NMB would never allow it. Parker is managing our expectations when he is saying that.

Reactions: 4 people
nycbusdriver said:

Does anyone really think management cares whether they will be in a decades long battle with the APA?  Does anyone in APA leadership understand history, the RLA and how ungodly tilted the paying field is?

NYC,

As usual I cannot say you are wrong in above post.

Basically as " potentially " unrealistic as my no vote may seem, I ( only speaking for me ) can afford to share the pain of Green book with DP with my eyes wide open. If for no other reason than to publicly encourage the folk with long term goals to eventually " right this ship " in line with our peers.

Will labour allow the ongoing defeat of not even approaching industry standard by the likes of DP style of mgt?
Allowing such says way more of our rank & file weakness than DP extraordinary mgt skills.
Do not our peers share same challenges yet negotiate better?
Do not our peer CEO's deal with same challenges?

FA

Reactions: 3 people
Metroyet said:
You reap what you sow.
Isn't that the truth.

It's a good thing we got USAPA kicked off this property. Now we get to to laugh at Cleary's nonsense while he sits on the sidelines.

Decertified.....AWE

:lol:

Reactions: 8 people
CactusPilot1 said:
Isn't that the truth.
It's a good thing we got USAPA kicked off this property. Now we get to to laugh at Cleary's nonsense while he sits on the sidelines.
Decertified.....AWE
Mike Cleary successfully prevented the Nicolau from implementation. east pilots are very happy now. It will pay hugely going forward. west pilots remain locked in PHX with no movement or WIDEBODY jobs. AWE.

nycbusdriver said:

The company could have proffered arbitration after the first meet with the NC and walked away smelling like a rose, financially speaking.....

Yet they didn't. They want concessions they can't expect through arbitration. At the very, very least, we all should consider the value of said concessions in detail, as well as the likely duration of life under whatever's now agreed to or rejected. Admittedly for ourselves nyc; we'd do better to take anything with an immediate raise, but, well, I might be just too set in my ways to change my priorities now, or perhaps I'm just a bit much digusted with purple tutus at the present time. ;)

fatherabraham put it perfectly: "Basically as " potentially " unrealistic as my no vote may seem, I ( only speaking for me ) can afford to share the pain of Green book with DP with my eyes wide open. If for no other reason than to publicly encourage the folk with long term goals to eventually " right this ship " in line with our peers."

Claxon said:
Mike Cleary successfully prevented the Nicolau from implementation. east pilots are very happy now. It will pay hugely going forward. west pilots remain locked in PHX with no movement or WIDEBODY jobs. AWE
Pure fantasy.

Mike Cleary is a fool. Didn't think out that strategy very well goingg into a possible merger. He screwed the East. If I were him, I'd stay in New Hampshire, living off vacation extortion.

Reactions: 7 people
AWE Dog said:
OK, if they can't afford to have pilots sitting around, they won't make unproductive pairings and the duty rig would cost them nothing.

Exactly. Whenever management's allowed, by largely eliminating the main cost to having pilots sitting around in hotels far from home, to do so, they will indeed do just that. I'd ask all who've been around for a bit to remember the average number of work days per month and the average hours paid for any given days on the road before the last surrendering to "improved" scheduling "flexibility" took place. But, but, just look at these hourly pay rates means nothing if it takes 3 days away to be paid a whopping 11 hours. Does anyone truly and honestly think that management's refusal to even consider a respectable min day guarantee is anything short of proof of their "benevolent" scheduling intentions?

CactusPilot1 said:
Pure fantasy.
Mike Cleary is a fool. Didn't think out that strategy very well goingg into a possible merger. He screwed the East. If I were him, I'd stay in New Hampshire, living off vacation extortion.
Did that short little nut case ever get what he thought he was "owed"? I don't think so. He does hold the copywrite to a defunct failed fake Union though. That's worth about as much as his lost vacation time. HA!!

Reactions: 7 people
CactusPilot1 said:
Pure fantasy.
The constant west venom towards him is proof positive. He handled Eric Ferguson, and delivered the east into an AA merge without the Nic.
Eric Ferguson has destroyed the west. He was offered the Nic with fences which would now be gone. Almost every upgrade system wide would be a west pilot. Almost every WIDEBODY upgrade. The 2004 hire rejected that. Ask him why when he slinks through his base.
Mike Cleary prevented it. He is a labor hero.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.