2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
luvthe9 said:
Huh, what planet are you from or should I say what fishbowl.
Anyone with enough seniority to have vacation from now till the 4th of January is very senior and shouldn't care one way or the other about the Nic... unless they are a senior FO who believed Nic awarded them a 330 captain slot..

Reactions: 4 people
cactusboy53 said:
“….The Court’s patience with USAPA has run out.  USAPA avoided liability on the DFR claim by the slimmest of margins and the Court has serious doubts that USAPA will fairly and adequately represent all of its members while it remains a certified representative.  But all the Court can do at this stage is implore USAPA to, in the words of CAB, “make every effort to see that [the West Pilots’] are given extensive consideration, and that their interests are fairly and fully represented” during seniority integration…”

Judge Roslyn O. Silver, Chief United States District Judge

Case 2:13-cv-00471-ROS   Document 298   Filed 01/10/14

UPDATE!!  USAPA has finally NOT avoided the DFR Claim!....

US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit                                                                       26 June 2015

“…USAPA has served as the stalking horse for the East Pilots’ exclusive interests and left the West Pilots bereft of representation.  USAPA’s manifest disregard for the interests of the West Pilots and its discriminatory conduct towards them constitutes a clear breach of duty.  Accordingly, we reverse the district court’s conclusion that USAPA did not breach its duty of fair representation, and remand with instructions to enjoin USAPA from participating in the McCaskill-Bond proceedings except to the extent that USAPA will advocate the Nicolau Award..”

It’s time to take a good look in the rear-view mirror. If we had a single contract in place, the NIC would also be in place. Sure, we would probably still have USAPA. But long before the East removed ALPA, we would have been operating under a single contract, with the Nicolau seniority list in place. Next time you go to a training center brown bag lunch, before you go after the company and the East, keep in mind how close we were to a TA prior to the NIC. We did it to ourselves, guys.

Dave Blomgren, for the U-Turn

NEXT U-Turn: More details on what we lost and how we lost it.

Yes, the East offered the NIC. They just wanted to protect their retirement attrition, which stalled by the change in Age-60. Looking back, that offer must look like a home run to any West pilot right now, but last February the EAST MEC and ALPA couldn’t get to first base with it.

Our former MEC and our union leadership played a very high stakes game of poker by not dealing at Wye River. Freund was right, we were risking everything…..and right now, it looks like we lost. They need to take responsibility for that.

U-Turn

Reactions: 3 people
[SIZE=12pt]The Ninth Circuit’s holding, that the denial of the Nicolau Award in Paragraph 10.h. of the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]MOU breached USAPA’s duty of fair representation, is effectively the tie-breaker on this question.  With the Ninth Circuit’s affirmation of the West Pilots’ reasonable expectation of the Nicolau Award, the AASPIC acknowledges it as the starting point for ranking the East and West Pilots on the ISL. As part of the ISL, the US Airways Pilots (East and West) should be ordered based on the Nicola Award……the job allocations as between the West and East Pilots must be rationalized according to the Nicolau Award as those pilots compete for jobs with each other for the first time, so that West Pilots achieve their expectations vis a vis the East Pilots.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]AAPSIC Pre-Hearing Statement                                                               19 Sept 2015[/SIZE]

Reactions: 2 people
Dave Blom...who???  The only Blomgren that I know of is on the Nicolau Seniority List.  Born in 1/1963, Hired by America West 5/1987.  Blomgren is SENIOR to Zahorsky hired in 7/1983.

'zat the same one Johnny Boy?? 

BIG SMILES, JOHNNY BOY! 

cactusboy53 said:
The Ninth Circuits holding, that the denial of the Nicolau Award in Paragraph 10.h. of the
MOU breached USAPAs duty of fair representation, is effectively the tie-breaker on this question.  With the Ninth Circuits affirmation of the West Pilots reasonable expectation of the Nicolau Award, the AASPIC acknowledges it as the starting point for ranking the East and West Pilots on the ISL. As part of the ISL, the US Airways Pilots (East and West) should be ordered based on the Nicola Awardthe job allocations as between the West and East Pilots must be rationalized according to the Nicolau Award as those pilots compete for jobs with each other for the first time, so that West Pilots achieve their expectations vis a vis the East Pilots.
AAPSIC Pre-Hearing Statement                                                               19 Sept 2015

The BOA can see through that one, Wye didn't you take the NIC when we offered it........

Extra big holidays smile.........

nic4us said:
The west would never have been able to "steal the east retirements"......in a relative status and category merger like the Nic, proportionally, much of that attrition was junior to the West.  So, you still had your attrition.

You idiots just lost half a million each and 30 weeks of vacation to get to the current SLI and the Nic is still intact!  Congrats!
The Nic is intact...
Don't hear many east complaints. Hundreds of pilots enjoying that 330 pay for years. Must be a little unsettling passing that beautiful line of them as you get ready to push for the fishbowl.

[SIZE=12pt]“….This means that the new East Pilots Merger Committee will have to decide whether it is, in face, subject to the injunction….But if the members of the new committee are working with USAPA or USAPA’s agents, the injunction shall prohibit the new committee from advocating something other than the Nicolau Award.  Members of the new committee working in concert with USAPA who advocate something other than the Nicolau Award will be subject to contempt sanctions.  The new committee members and their counsel must decide, at their substancial peril, whether they are subject to the injunction…”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Roslyn O. Silver                                                                                                       22 September 2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Senior United States District Judge[/SIZE]

Hmmmmmmm...I WONDER how the new "East Pilot Seniority Committee" got thier start??  There's no WAY that simply because they were using the SAME attorney, they could be using USAPA's "ANYTHING BUT THE NIC" template????  Nah....No one would be THAT STUPID, right???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4

luvthe9 said:
The BOA can see through that one, Wye didn't you take the NIC when we offered it........

Extra big holidays smile.........
Oh Johnny Boy....

An EXTRA lump of coal for you this yuletide.  You've been VERY bad!  You've cost your group DEARLY, and you've been the lead lemming right off the cliff......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM

cactusboy53 said:
Oh Johnny Boy....

An EXTRA lump of coal for you this yuletide.  You......

So not only do you speak for "Karma", but even Santa Claus as well? Whew! "This is Sparta!" was bad enough, but your personal involvement with Fantasyland runs deep....Oh well: OK kid...Whatever "you'se" say. ;)

cactusboy53 said:
Oh Johnny Boy....

An EXTRA lump of coal for you this yuletide.  You've been VERY bad!  You've cost your group DEARLY, and you've been the lead lemming right off the cliff......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM
Maybe you're right 1 yr upgrades, new hires in wide body's and massive growth, guess they want more .......... It's coming Davey boy

You should be ashamed of what you did to your pilot group

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
Huh, what planet are you from or should I say what fishbowl.

I am from planet contract 2004, where the West pilots made $50,000 more per year than their east counterparts, with 3 weeks more vacation, and PBS.

I am not on vacation, just bid PBS to get as much time off late this month and the first three days of Jan.  Had on 3 day trip this week but got rid of it on the trade board.

PS.  I do not mind coaching you on PBS bidding, as junior guys such as yourself will not effect my bid.

Reactions: 5 people
Claxon said:
The Nic is intact...
Don't hear many east complaints. Hundreds of pilots enjoying that 330 pay for years. Must be a little unsettling passing that beautiful line of them as you get ready to push for the fishbowl.

Well junior two points for ya.

First, during the period of separate ops, your 330 Captains made more than the average West 320 Captain by the slimmest of margins.

Second, it will not "unsettle" any West pilot to taxi past the "beautiful line" of 330s...as the West is getting spooled up to staff the 350s that will be taxiing past that line.

Reactions: 4 people
nic4us said:
I am from planet contract 2004, where the West pilots made $50,000 more per year than their east counterparts, with 3 weeks more vacation, and PBS.

I am not on vacation, just bid PBS to get as much time off late this month and the first three days of Jan.  Had on 3 day trip this week but got rid of it on the trade board.

PS.  I do not mind coaching you on PBS bidding, as junior guys such as yourself will not effect my bid.

Nice try boy, I'm years senior to your whole airline.............Merry Christmas to all

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.