2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any contract that would have validated the Nic would have been to costly for the company, thereby making the Nic forever unusable.  

cactusboy53 said:
Johnny Boy, Johnny Boy. ...WYE must you LIE?
Relax Davey boy all is well and on track for a NICless SLI..............Wye you did not take our offer, oh well, mistake of the century.

This is going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
EastUS1 said:

...not to mention their gaining a fragmented work group too busy being at each others' throats to offer them even the slightest opposition to whatever they wished to do...

Yeah....so true.   "Gee, Mr. Parker!  Where can we turn in those naughty Easties taxiing with both engines running?"

EastUS1 said:

....or were/are complete fools.

Well, almost complete anyway.

They did stumble themselves into the benefits you mentioned but made fools of themselves in front of their entire peer group in the airline industry.  After over 6 years of trying, they could not even see the completion of the US/AW merger on the horizon.  Management failure of biblical proportions.

Reactions: 3 people
nevergiveup said:
Any contract that would have validated the Nic would have been to costly for the company, thereby making the Nic forever unusable.  

Costly how?  I'm simply curious to know what you mean.

Had the contract been in place in May, 2007, I think about 25+% percent of the USAirways pilot roster would have resigned within 6 months as it would have been better to start over at one of the other majors, or go overseas.  That would have been expensive.  (There actually was a small exodus immediately following Nic's abortion by pilots who saw no way out of it.  Most of them are probably Jet Blue, Spirit, or Virgin America captains now.)

nycbusdriver said:

They did stumble themselves into the benefits you mentioned but made fools of themselves in front of their entire peer group in the airline industry.  After over 6 years of trying, they could not even see the completion of the US/AW merger on the horizon.  Management failure of biblical proportions.

I've no even slightly possible argument with you there.

nycbusdriver: "(There actually was a small exodus immediately following Nic's abortion by pilots who saw no way out of it.  Most of them are probably Jet Blue, Spirit, or Virgin America captains now.)"  Yep. I know two junior folks who bailed for Jet Blue asap. I did try to talk them out of it, but things went well enough for them anyway.

nycbusdriver: "Yeah....so true.   "Gee, Mr. Parker!  Where can we turn in those naughty Easties taxiing with both engines running?"  Indeed...Sigh...The truest paradigms of "Integrity" and "Knight"-like "valor" to ever be found anywhere within the whole human race......

nycbusdriver said:

Costly how?  I'm simply curious to know what you mean.

Had the contract been in place in May, 2007, I think about 25+% percent of the USAirways pilot roster would have resigned within 6 months as it would have been better to start over at one of the other majors, or go overseas.  That would have been expensive.  (There actually was a small exodus immediately following Nic's abortion by pilots who saw no way out of it.  Most of them are probably Jet Blue, Spirit, or Virgin America captains now.)
It would have taken quite high wages to make up for the losses created by the Nic. In my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
cactusboy53 said:
Johnny Boy, Johnny Boy. ...WYE must you LIE?
The MIGHTY U-Turn Says: WE TOLD YOU SO!

"U-Turn: Taking Responsibility According to our reports, on Day One of Wye River, Jeff Freund warned the West MEC that if USAPA won, the West risked losing everything. ALPA's lawyers knew the list was negotiable,"

"Our former MEC and our union leadership played a very high stakes game of poker by not dealing at Wye River. Freund was right, we were risking everything..and right now, it looks like we lost. They need to take responsibility for that."

"The U-Turn Wye River: ALPA's Last Stand Back to Wye River. Did West Merger Attorney and West MEC advisor Jeff Freund really walk out of talks because the MEC refused to give on the NIC or did West MC Chairman Ken Stravers chase him out?"

Dave Blomgren, for the U-Turn

Wye Davey boy did you not listen to Mr. Blomgren?.................is he a liar? Still waiting for that answer!

Reactions: 3 people
nevergiveup said:
It would have taken quite high wages to make up for the losses created by the Nic. In my opinion.

Yes.  I see what you  mean and I agree.  

But those snakes would have never offered anything worthwhile.  That's a testament to their supreme lack of foresight in even offering the Kirby proposal.  

In the end, one can honestly say that Nicolau f****d everybody in the end.

Reactions: 4 people
nycbusdriver said:

In the end, one can honestly say that Nicolau f****d everybody in the end.

I'm unable to agree there. I'd have to suggest that Nic handed the Tempe trust a great gift that perfectly suited their purposes. What better way to keep wages/benefits in the AWA gutter and allow them lasting wiggle room for seeking out a marriage partner?

nevergiveup said:

Riiiight. That's why it's still the ONLY list recognized by the company. That's why the company AND APA insisted that the West have a seat at the SLI table. That's why the APA sees the need & wisdom of using the Nicolau Seniority List as the beginning point for the LUS pilots.

cactusboy53 said:
What's a "U-Turd", Johnny Boy? Still lying after all these years.

Hey how about another PHX "desperation" update...........the east bid is out.........cry me a Wye river.

It's all going to just fine Davey boy, will have lots to talk about soon.

cactusboy53 said:
What's a "U-Turd", Johnny Boy? Still lying after all these years.

That's your pilot group that had the right answers and made you look real stupid, you should have listened to them, they were your ticket out of the fishbowl.

cactusboy53 said:
Riiiight. That's why it's still the ONLY list recognized by the company. That's why the company AND APA insisted that the West have a seat at the SLI table. That's why the APA sees the need & wisdom of using the Nicolau Seniority List as the beginning point for the LUS pilots.

The ONLY list.. is that the one they talked about when they denied your grievances?  

Was that before or after you ratified the "nullity of all former agreements"?  

cactusboy53 said:
Riiiight. That's why it's still the ONLY list recognized by the company. That's why the company AND APA insisted that the West have a seat at the SLI table. s.
A decade later and your recognized list is still just as worthless as the day it was issued. You need a seat at the table because you NEED a seat at the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.