2016 results are in!

beat on top and bottom lines, 4q16 first q since 4q14 where unit revenue increased.

$314 million for profit sharing will be available for us...while company authorized a new $2 billion stock repurchasing plan, to expire at the end of 2018, so we are slowing that down. we're down to about 500 million shares outstanding...from 755 million when aal had the IPO.

listening to earnings call, parker thanked us and said aal took a bit of a hit on wages, but said we deserved it AND more.

jamie baker from jpmorgan...a huge delta lover. asks a question with negative overtones, stock immediately dips .40 cents in pre-market.

hey jamie, give aal 10 years to get the merger right - like dl-nw, and we'll see if we can approach how 'well-run' delta is.

not as abrasive about debt as he has been the past 2 years, when aal is setting airline income records.

According to a link on Jetnet the PS payout formula will be "approximately" 3% of your last years gross wages.

Yea it is pretty paltry.

jamie baker from jpmorgan...a huge delta lover. asks a question with negative overtones, stock immediately dips .40 cents in pre-market.

hey jamie, give aal 10 years to get the merger right - like dl-nw, and we'll see if we can approach how 'well-run' delta is.

not as abrasive about debt as he has been the past 2 years, when aal is setting airline income records.

Actually I've been watching this for a few years now and it's come down to almost an exact science.

During the run up to AA announcing all the other airlines drive up the stock price to the day before AA announces. Once AA being the last one to announce comes in it drops like a stone.

Happens every time. So the exact time to sell would have been yesterday if you had bought shares a few months ago.

Seriously it happens every time.

yeah, no real surprise. meager. i think most of us were prepared for us getting tiny checks, compared to our peers.

i felt as though aa threw this together on the fly last spring, after announcing the huge bonuses for level 5s (i believe) and above. i want to say they were given 17% bonuses.

Actually I've been watching this for a few years now and it's come down to almost an exact science.

During the run up to AA announcing all the other airlines drive up the stock price to the day before AA announces. Once AA being the last one to announce comes in it drops like a stone.

Happens every time. So the exact time to sell would have been yesterday if you had bought shares a few months ago.

Seriously it happens every time.

with many companies not giving specific guidance anymore - more margin %s now instead of eps, it's almost impossible for companies to go 3 for 3 on earnings day (beat on top and bottom lines and guide higher). they did say that rasm will increase each quarter this year and the stock is down after being up in pre-market. that in itself is better than any other earnings call guidance i've heard from any airline, including southwest...which was flying after earnings.

i have played options and you're correct, it's nearly a science...i'd reckon that 8 out of 10 stocks go down after earnings. being negative can make you money.

yeah, no real surprise. meager. i think most of us were prepared for us getting tiny checks, compared to our peers.

i felt as though aa threw this together on the fly last spring, after announcing the huge bonuses for level 5s (i believe) and above. i want to say they were given 17% bonuses.

with many companies not giving specific guidance anymore - more margin %s now instead of eps, it's almost impossible for companies to go 3 for 3 on earnings day (beat on top and bottom lines and guide higher). they did say that rasm will increase each quarter this year and the stock is down after being up in pre-market. that in itself is better than any other earnings call guidance i've heard from any airline, including southwest...which was flying after earnings.

i have played options and you're correct, it's nearly a science...i'd reckon that 8 out of 10 stocks go down after earnings. being negative can make you money.

I finally jumped out in October because it was time to buy myself a new car. Had I known (Who has that crystal ball) that Buffett was going to invest I would have waited till early December.

According to a link on Jetnet the PS payout formula will be "approximately" 3% of your last years gross wages.

Yea it is pretty paltry.
Bow to me Weez, Heck Weez I can see you furnish your whole apartment for 2 grand with money left over. That framed jigsaw puzzle over the couch looks awesome

Are they sure they can spare it? I mean, I wouldn't want any of the execs to have to cut back on country club memberships.

Jim you're being selfish now. It's very important for those execs to have those Country Club memberships not to mention upgrading the Beemer every year and the Barcelona excursions.

It's also quite expensive sending their Children to those Ivy League schools you know.

Who are we to deny them their extravagances.