2016 results are in!

Bow to me Weez, Heck Weez I can see you furnish your whole apartment for 2 grand with money left over. That framed jigsaw puzzle over the couch looks awesome
True that the puzzle, but only if paired with the lime green sofa bed, the orange fake leather recliner, and the wagon wheel coffee table. The rest of your money has to go to the down payment for the 72 inch flat-screen TV.

True that the puzzle, but only if paired with the lime green sofa bed, the orange fake leather recliner, and the wagon wheel coffee table. The rest of your money has to go to the down payment for the 72 inch flat-screen TV.
He can rent the TV for 16 dollars a week at the end of the contract all it will cost him is $12,000 oh and I'm sure you meant "stained" lime green sofa bed with a couple of cigarette burns

Sorry Al. I will never uncork any wine before it has truly ripened.
Come on Weez with that profit check your wine will have a screw top. Boones Farm Strawberry or Apple and you'll be riding that porcelain the next day

Come on Weez with that profit check your wine will have a screw top. Boones Farm Strawberry or Apple and you'll be riding that porcelain the next day

Al if you hit the tax defer on that check you might have enough to shake down that box of yours back there?

A good fumigator, maybe get the air ducks dusted out and a rug underneath your chair to stop those static shocks you get to the brain from that old computer?

Al if you hit the tax defer on that check you might have enough to shake down that box of yours back there?

A good fumigator, maybe get the air ducks dusted out and a rug underneath your chair to stop those static shocks you get to the brain from that old computer?
Those shocks are the only thing keeping me awake and I love wallowing in filth and decay

Weez all kidding aside how much were you expecting? My check is going to be about $2,000 before taxes

I finally jumped out in October because it was time to buy myself a new car. Had I known (Who has that crystal ball) that Buffett was going to invest I would have waited till early December.

well, this is the whole point of parker's obvious contempt for the analysts/wall street. you could hear parker's frustration and contempt for these guys during conference calls in 2015/2016.

here's a corporation pouring billions to bolster the stock (repurchase and retire shares, dividends) / not company (leave the debt alone at 3% rates) and all he, kirby and kerr got was back talk and negative comments from wall street analysts.

buffett got it, the analysts didn't. the whole thing is parker is so confident of this industry's fundamental positive changes, he was/still willing to ignore the current debt levels in favor of 'shareholder value' and aal got no love from wall street.

you can see the level of stock repurchases has been stretched out now til dec. 2018, so, that is slowing down. 2017 is supposed to be the start of slowing down cap ex/jet fuel windfalls for stock buybacks and start paying the company's debt down.

it's not really hindsight, but when oil fell to $26 a barrel, aa should have thought about hedging as oil started going back up. did anyone think oil would go to $1 a barrel and hedging at $30/barrel would have been a loser?

when delta has to spend billions to revitalize it's older fleet, what will jamie baker say then?

Weez all kidding aside how much were you expecting? My check is going to be about $2,000 before taxes

Honestly Al I really wasn't thinking about it. Knowing what the formula was from an example we had in the past, the profits that AA had made up to the third quarter and the amount of people they needed to share the pool with, I thought it might be about $1500.00 for a topped out Clerk.

That's what I've been telling my crew and others who asked me. My crew I think has grown to trust me cause they know I do my research but some wanted to believe their own (without looking at the numbers) fantasies.

I actually had a guy freaking out two days ago when I was showing people how the math works. He was pissed cause he actually believed he was going to get $9000.00 when he heard about the FORD Profit Sharing, lol. Dude had convinced himself he was going to get that as well. Seriously.

FORD made 9 Billion in Profit and is sharing those profits with half the people AA is sharing them with.

Math, duh.

well, this is the whole point of parker's obvious contempt for the analysts/wall street. you could hear parker's frustration and contempt for these guys during conference calls in 2015/2016.

here's a corporation pouring billions to bolster the stock (repurchase and retire shares, dividends) / not company (leave the debt alone at 3% rates) and all he, kirby and kerr got was back talk and negative comments from wall street analysts.

buffett got it, the analysts didn't. the whole thing is parker is so confident of this industry's fundamental positive changes, he was/still willing to ignore the current debt levels in favor of 'shareholder value' and aal got no love from wall street.

you can see the level of stock repurchases has been stretched out now til dec. 2018, so, that is slowing down. 2017 is supposed to be the start of slowing down cap ex/jet fuel windfalls for stock buybacks and start paying the company's debt down.

it's not really hindsight, but when oil fell to $26 a barrel, aa should have thought about hedging as oil started going back up. did anyone think oil would go to $1 a barrel and hedging at $30/barrel would have been a loser?

when delta has to spend billions to revitalize it's older fleet, what will jamie baker say then?

I agree with about 90% of what you said. I think I can understand their philosophy on not hedging fuel. There were a lot of people out there who thought it was going to drop even further and (so far) it hasn't. The $50 range seems to be the floating level that they can't break away from. OPEC tries to cut capacity and BAM those US wells start opening up and flooding the market again. Not to mention under the Trump administration the environment is going to be the casualty in that War. I think OPEC is finished?

I understand the philosophy of buying back shares but I just think enough was enough on that. Time to start paying down that debt even if it is low interest. I'd also like (of course) to see them contribute more to shoring up the underfunded Pensions again. I don't think they have to begin making those payments again till 2018 but it would be nice to see a few hundred Mil put in this year.

I think when Delta goes to revitalize they're going to have to pay a lot more for interest rates if they use credit? That AA order during the BK was brilliant long term. 30% less fuel burn on all those new birds will really help the bottom line just in case somehow there is an unexpected fuel spike.

While I don't agree with everything Parker and team have done looking back on their History up to today, I wouldn't have invested in US if I didn't have confidence in their abilities and been able to look at them outside the eyes of an employee (Which even though I may be slammed for this I like what they've been doing in that area pretty much too so far)

Honestly Al I really wasn't thinking about it. Knowing what the formula was from an example we had in the past, the profits that AA had made up to the third quarter and the amount of people they needed to share the pool with, I thought it might be about $1500.00 for a topped out Clerk.

That's what I've been telling my crew and others who asked me. My crew I think has grown to trust me cause they know I do my research but some wanted to believe their own (without looking at the numbers) fantasies.

I actually had a guy freaking out two days ago when I was showing people how the math works. He was pissed cause he actually believed he was going to get $9000.00 when he heard about the FORD Profit Sharing, lol. Dude had convinced himself he was going to get that as well. Seriously.

FORD made 9 Billion in Profit and is sharing those profits with half the people AA is sharing them with.

Math, duh.
In fairness to your crew I believe some managers were predicting something in the 5% range

I agree with about 90% of what you said. I think I can understand their philosophy on not hedging fuel. There were a lot of people out there who thought it was going to drop even further and (so far) it hasn't. The $50 range seems to be the floating level that they can't break away from. OPEC tries to cut capacity and BAM those US wells start opening up and flooding the market again. Not to mention under the Trump administration the environment is going to be the casualty in that War. I think OPEC is finished?

I understand the philosophy of buying back shares but I just think enough was enough on that. Time to start paying down that debt even if it is low interest. I'd also like (of course) to see them contribute more to shoring up the underfunded Pensions again. I don't think they have to begin making those payments again till 2018 but it would be nice to see a few hundred Mil put in this year.

I think when Delta goes to revitalize they're going to have to pay a lot more for interest rates if they use credit? That AA order during the BK was brilliant long term. 30% less fuel burn on all those new birds will really help the bottom line just in case somehow there is an unexpected fuel spike.

While I don't agree with everything Parker and team have done looking back on their History up to today, I wouldn't have invested in US if I didn't have confidence in their abilities and been able to look at them outside the eyes of an employee (Which even though I may be slammed for this I like what they've been doing in that area pretty much too so far)
My opinion why LUS stopped hedging is that in 2008 they simply didn't have the money and were contemplating another trip through the courts . Well the stars aligned just right and they looked brilliant. Back in the 90s our CEO Wolfe bought back like 300 million in shares, boy we could have used that money after 9/11. Probably could have used it before

In fairness to your crew I believe some managers were predicting something in the 5% range

I've learned to try and set my expectations and those I talk to low instead of giving them a possible false sugar high.

When people expect less and get more that usually makes them much happier.

Latest posts