4 AA flight attendants arrested at MIA for money-laundering

Hey now. Ya gotta supplement your income one way or another. Just don't get caught.

Among the 4, they were carrying in excess of $20,000. I guess they decided that they couldn't afford the $100 fee for Global Entry membership. I never had my luggage searched with Global Entry.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/flight-attendants-money-laundering-charges-miami/index.html

I have no clue why these airline employees risk their careers and do this crap. It just baffles me. Thanks to them I bet security is stepped up for all flight crews and maint employees as they work and or travel. Thanks a lot to the 4 AA F/A's. IDIOTS!!!

I have no clue why these airline employees risk their careers and do this crap. It just baffles me. Thanks to them I bet security is stepped up for all flight crews and maint employees as they work and or travel. Thanks a lot to the 4 AA F/A's. IDIOTS!!!
My contacts told me these flight attendants are based in Chile. They are from Chile. It makes no difference but they are not Legacy USA based under the same union representation that AA flight attendants are. Still, wrong is wrong.

The amount of money doesn't matter if you have lied to the Customs and Immigration personnel. A violation of the law is a violation of the law. Your lawyer is going to have to try that "small amount" argument in court if that's the only defense. Good luck. Especially when you are airline personnel and supposedly well-versed in Customs regulations. But, then again you might as well try it since you probably won't have a job to return to in Chile.

Last edited:

Latest posts