40th Anniversary

Elvis

Veteran
Mar 10, 2003
How many people remember where they heard the news that JFK had been assassinated 22.11.63.?

:elvis: :elvis:

Just got home from school. The landlady had the TV on, just standing there looking sick. Watched LBJ get sworn in as President on AF1.
Just set some guy straight over on proon. He allows LBJ wasn't sworn in on board the aircraft, but in the Oval Office in DC.

Sitting on one of the PineTree Radar sites , also connected to the ADCOM communications line connected to the "Bomarc Missiles" and everybody just waiting for "NORAD" to give the word.

Interesting, but scary as hell.

I came home from school (3rd grade) and my mom was crying; for two reasons I guess. One was that she was a big fan of the modern Camelot, and two was how could this happen in the land of the free and the home of the brave? Perhaps it is a coincidence, but shortly afterward we moved back north. Both my parents are now deceased so it is too late to ask why.

Was just lined up in formation outside 44 Hangar at RCAF Stn St Jean PQ in basic training.

But more importantly - where were you when Elvis died?

I was born in '73, so I wasn't even a twinckle in my daddys eye when JFK was shot. But I remember when I learned that people who were alive at the time knew what they were doing when it happened. I was in Grade 5 at Cockcroft public school in Deep River, On. My teacher, Mrs. Dean told us about it. Would've been the '83/84 school year, if it was the first time through grade 5. :p

Take it easy

Max

To answer Graunch1's (when Elvis died,I had to look up old records) I was in the middle of a two month tour on an Okie 205 that started in Goose Bay ,then went to Gander for a 1000 hour inspection, then went north of LG4 top sling a dead 206 to LG3, then back to Goose Bay.

:elvis: :elvis: :elvis:

I remember Elvis's demise as I was in YYC working for IJA back in 77. Besides it's my #1 Daughter's B'day :p

I think Elvis provided a lot more for humanity than an rich kid with a spoiled wife who got a lot of young guys killed in SEA. Of course he was good for old mom Bell <_<
Interesting stories now on the tube where they have done actual modern forensic tests on the shooting and decided that yes there was a magic bullet and yes JFK took one in the back of the head even though his head jerked backwards. There was also an opinion on Court TV that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll but he missed, so indeed there was 4 shots.

Down in the lower 48, 75% still believe it was a conspiracy. i just think it was the Diems or rogue CIA agents