5TH week vacation coming back?

Yes & yes.

25 *consecutive* (Devil in the details?) years of service to get it. To be first used in the 2014-2015 vacation year. Others will get it as they hit the 25 *consecutive* yr. milestone.

Also:

Changes to accessing Certified Time (still less than acceptable, IMO, but better than the current set up) & stock purchase option.

Ready Reserve "calendar" for calculating hours will run on an Oct.-Oct. schedule now, instead of Jan.-Dec.

All kinds of memos in your email & on the homepage of the employee website.

Congratulations, esp. to all employees who kept on DL about the 5th week of vacation. I had doubts it would ever come back but it has remained a sore spot with a lot of employees and the company is finally listening.

what is the significance of an Oct to Oct RR calendar - and is that effective this year? Seems that if the new calendar starts in less than a month it will allow RRs who have "maxed out" so far this year to just keep going.

Reactions: 1 person
Congratulations, esp. to all employees who kept on DL about the 5th week of vacation. I had doubts it would ever come back but it has remained a sore spot with a lot of employees and the company is finally listening.

... Or concerned enough about all of those pesky A cards to finally do something...

what is the significance of an Oct to Oct RR calendar - and is that effective this year? Seems that if the new calendar starts in less than a month it will allow RRs who have "maxed out" so far this year to just keep going.

Funny how that works...

Reactions: 2 people
With all the other stuff that is calendar year driven, having an October start makes some sense. You start out the budget year with the holidays, and then know what you have to work with for the summer where the need is a little more drawn out. If you find can't make it thru the summer with the RR heads, there's still time to upgrade people to FT/PT and have that done before benefits enrollment kicks in.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes & yes.

25 *consecutive* (Devil in the details?) years of service to get it. To be first used in the 2014-2015 vacation year. Others will get it as they hit the 25 *consecutive* yr. milestone.

Also:

Changes to accessing Certified Time (still less than acceptable, IMO, but better than the current set up) & stock purchase option.

Ready Reserve "calendar" for calculating hours will run on an Oct.-Oct. schedule now, instead of Jan.-Dec.

All kinds of memos in your email & on the homepage of the employee website.
Does the "consecutive" years thing eliminate giving that to the NWA folks who were called back after the strike settlement? Does it mean that if you were ever furloughed that you do not get it? (SARS layoff, pilot strike layoff)

Does the "consecutive" years thing eliminate giving that to the NWA folks who were called back after the strike settlement? Does it mean that if you were ever furloughed that you do not get it? (SARS layoff, pilot strike layoff)

All "bad time" counts against you. The 25 years is based on one's Adjusted Service Date, which is the current equivalent to a SIV date. I've asked what "consecutive" specifically means- since that would eliminate a HUGE portion of the workforce- but haven't received an answer yet.

How many holidays do you guys get? I assume there is no double time for OT? Any shift premium pay? More importantly, do you still have 43 mainline stations worked with your own employees or have they reduced them?
The 3% takes pay up to what? $23.86 for ramp and what for Passenger service?

What is the stock purchase program? That sounds interesting.

How many holidays do you guys get?

I assume there is no double time for OT?

OT for anything over 8 in a day, DT for anything over 12 (not counting trades, of course). Day off OT applies only if you have already worked your full work week.

Any shift premium pay?

Yes

.45/hr. if your start time is between 1200-1759

.52/hr. for any start between 1800-0559

More importantly, do you still have 43 mainline stations worked with your own employees or have they reduced them?

ANC cargo has closed, but that's it... so far...

Also $23.86

It allows an employee to purchase stock through payroll deduction, (separate from your 401k). We used to have this at NW.

How many holidays do you guys get? I assume there is no double time for OT? Any shift premium pay? More importantly, do you still have 43 mainline stations worked with your own employees or have they reduced them?

Tim,

WT hasnt worked for DL in several years.