5TH week vacation coming back?

Really?

You have no clue, I dont lie, and I dont bring US into every subject, can you say the same about you and DL?

I just tell it like it is, if people dont like it too bad.

Josh is the liar and I have shown it over and over.

I'm not getting in the middle of you and Josh.

I am saying that I am not going to let you provide your one sided responses on this forum.

I tell it like it is too... I just happen to bring the whole truth into the discussion.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to know too but I don't think anyone on here ever will know on a systemwide basis.

Given that DL has offered repeated early out packages, the pool might be smaller than you think.

People are also realizing that Obamacare might help to push people out of the workforce earlier with cheaper health care costs for pre-Medicare adults which would help the unemployment picture but also make it less needy for people to continue to work because they can't afford to pay for healthcare until Medicare kicks in... and there are millions of Americans who work as seniors and pre-seniors in order to have access to health care.
http://www.marketwat...link=MW_popular

and some middle aged Americans are finding other things to do besides just bring home the bacon.

http://blogs.marketw...-50-somethings/

GQ--

Just got word that any Convenience Leaves or SLIP leaves will also count against the "consecutive" time. So if you did the company a favor in the past, you're paying for it today.

The 5th week used to be after 20 years I think. Those that had accrued it got to keep it while those who were short of the 20 year mark never got it. It was a real sore spot in Maint. There were a lot of guys that were just short of it when the policy changed. Also the guy working next to you that got hired a year a two earlier was always going to have 5 extra vacation days that you can never get. All that time adds up over the next 20 years of a career.

My biggest gripe has always been the substandard shift diff. I know it is "industry standard", but it still is almost nothing to filp your life upside down and work nights and weekends. My Mom was a nurse and got a decent percentage bump for nights and weekends. Back in the 1970's 50 cents an hour was a OK premium, now it doesn't even pay for coffee.

Southwind's right, but here's a bit more info...

The answer to your question is "Kinda."

We have 10 holidays/year. For half, you can either take double time for the day, and be done, or take straight time for the day, and get a different (paid) day off somewhere else. For the other "non-premium" holidays, DT isn't an option, but floating the holiday elsewhere is.

So, as Southwind notes, in theory, you could string 5 of them together at some point for a de facto extra week.

Make sense?

Kev,
can you explain DL's concept of sick time which is really personal days, isn't it? Isn't it possible to use personal days as vacation if you are certain you won't use them for a sickness and don't want to carry them.

What is an "accountable incident " ? Does that mean a recorded sick call? Or an arranged sick day? Or a personal day? Sounds kind of sinister.

It is treated the same as a sick call or other negative mark against your overall attendance.

BTW, "accountable incident" is the company's term, not mine.

Sadly, sinister is a good word to describe lots of policies in ACS...

Haven't seen anyone's badge snatched, for using PPT! As far as recordable incident, kind of depends on your lead and whether or not they feel your abusing PPT !

Latest posts