5TH week vacation coming back?

WorldTraveler said:
excuse me but the world does not consist of just Tech Ops and the ramp.

Indeed.

And just as there is more to the airline than Tech Ops and ACS, so too is there more than one way to define outsourcing.

FAO Glenn Quagmire:

Below is an excerpt of a notice we posted on DLnet today:

"In a memo from Chris Collins, v.p.–Global HR Services, Delta announced that starting in 2014, the Adjusted Service Date will be aligned to the Date of Employment in virtually all cases, though some employees may see a slight variation in the event they have been rehired or adjusted due to a loss of time while having participated in a strike. The change will allow nearly 14,000 employees to receive credit for time when they were out on inactive status."

Not a specific answer about how many will get a 5th week right away, nor a crystal clear one on just how many will get credit for their "bad time," but I figured you might be interested anyway.

P.S. Pretty sure we covered this before, but "Adjusted Service Date" is the DL equivalent to our SIV daye.

Is your employer ok with you posting internal communications on a public forum? Mine certainly would not be and it is grounds for termination and even legal action against the employee, they take this stuff very seriously.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt this is proprietary in the same vein that, say, scheduling data might be. It's also just an excerpt, doesn't include the imbedded memo to employees from Collins, discusses working conditions/benefits, and near as I can tell otherwise complies with DL's posted social media policy.

Besides, it's a "good news story." They love those. 

Nevertheless, if you still feel it needs to be removed, lemme know, or feel free to call the carrier's corporate security department. 

thanks for passing the info along.

The key takeaway is that the adjustments to the service date are not as severe as some here originally feared.

except they never said they wouldn't.... you just jumped to the conclusion that there would be all kinds of exceptions that would wipe out the possibility of years of service, but DL never said that before, did they?

Now look who's jumping to conclusions...

...but DL never said that before, did they?

Actually, yes.

Many of us were told "bad time" would count against affected employees.

Also, today's communication indicates that the policy has been changed so that (most) bad time won't adversely affect an employee. The company is using the term "enhanced."

Seems to me that indicates that it initially would have- which is in line with what HR was telling people-but what do I know?

Have you not been over there to read it yet? 

737823 said:
Is your employer ok with you posting internal communications on a public forum? Mine certainly would not be and it is grounds for termination and even legal action against the employee, they take this stuff very seriously.

Josh
He is gonna narc on you to DL, yet its ok for Josh to post while his employer is paying him to work.

Now look who's jumping to conclusions...

Actually, yes.

Many of us were told "bad time" would count against affected employees.

Also, today's communication indicates that the policy has been changed so that (most) bad time won't adversely affect an employee. The company is using the term "enhanced."

Seems to me that indicates that it initially would have- which is in line with what HR was telling people-but what do I know?

Have you not been over there to read it yet?
bad time was defined as strike time.

Bad time could have included all furloughed during the SARS deal, or pilot strike. That would have eliminated a large number of employees with the time to get that 5th week. That is because many of those who had enough seniority to avoid the SARS layoff or pilot strike would most likely be retired by now.

Those who are still employed at Delta and have the time to qualify for the 5th week now most likely were junior enough then to have been furloughed in both of those events....thus having "bad time"