5TH week vacation coming back?

I am tired of innuendo. I want actual employees to tell us stuff. Maybe we need to make a few calls?

They better be careful though. They have a frequent flyer from Boston who might drop the dime on them if they talk.

Reactions: 2 people
doesn't matter.. .DL didn't actually define the actual criteria of the program earlier... that is why they said more information would come. You just chose to include those items which you thought they would use and then went with it.

WorldTraveler said:
the reason why you don't like my facts is because they don't fit the narrative that you want to present - even if they are the real facts for which you have no valid response.No, I simply don't like how you make crap up. 

Here is DL's traffic report for Oct which just came out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-reports-financial-operating-performance-140000012.html

For the year, DL connection capacity is down by 4% while DL mainline capacity is up. There is no more direct measure of how much outsourcing an airline does than how much flying they outsource. 
DL continues to shift flying from regional carriers back to mainline and no other carrier is returning its outsourced flying to its own employees.

Even if you look at the maintenance operation alone, you can't argue with DOT data that shows that DL's percent of outsourced maintenance has remained flat and the second lowest among all US carriers behind AA despite the fact that DL has been spending $500M or more per year for cabin refurbs and a/c mods which have almost all been outsourced. .......all work that can be done by Delta. Why is it that LAN was happy with Delta doing its 767 HMVs but its to "costly" for Delta to do it own? Why is the US Military sending 737s to Delta for overhauls, but AAR is "cheaper" for Delta? How did UPS/LAN pick Delta for 767 winglets........but the Delta fleet has to be done in China because it "cost to much" to have TechOps do them?

You want me to be happy that the line is being held, I want to you understand that I expect work to come back in when the company is printing money. Lets not act like Delta is saving tons and tons of money by sending overhauls to Mexico.
As much as you keep trying to argue against it, the Mexico hangar is not going to do anything that DL doesn't outsource already. DL will be pushing its narrowbody airframe overhauls to the AM-DL maintenance How do you know this? They said they wouldn't dump overhauls. They said we weren't buying NW. They said MEM is safe. They said they weren't bringing in contractors. They said DWH would stay regardless of the hub. They then told the guys in Tampa that the PSVs couldn't "fit" anywhere with Dallas and DeltaNorth gone. Don't feed me the crap. Delta says this now, but two seconds later "factors" change.  
JV from which DL will gain engine overhauls that DL cannot do now because operators want a cheap overall overhaul solution and DL cannot profitably do the airframe part - so it also loses the powerplant overhauls. You just copy what Tony said there huh? Tony never lies...... (ahem....unless your in Dallas....and Tampa....and Atlanta....other than that) 
The losers in the maintenance JV will be the companies that already do DL's airframe overhauls but for which DL is a client. With the maintenance JV, DL will be sending work to a contractor which DL partially owns and which will generate work for DL and its employees.No the losers are Delta employees. 

The reason why your peers in maintenance aren't getting worked up to the point of trying to vote in a union is because they understand the concept.
your on crack or can't add. You realize that with overhauls in house TechOps would likely have to have ~5,000-10,000 more *junior* employees. 
Yes...that does sound terrible. I think people like being junior and the ASMs with their tickets are just kidding about wanting to move to AMT. 

The level of DL's maintenance is going to drop over the next few years because of the acquisition of the 739s which will be replacing older aircraft. Since the majority of the overhaul work that will be eliminated on those older aircraft was outsourced along with the end of the cabin mods, the percentage of in-house work will increase. no. Delta will be shipping less work out.....to a point.....but work in-house wont change much. They have added 717s and M90s that offset the addition of 739s. Work wont change that much. 100 airplanes go out that need HMVs(and in a few those 737s will need them) and 150 airplanes have come in that have already had at least 1 HMV. Delta will be roughly adding MORE outsourced work, than reducing it. 

Also, now the 739s/321s aren't going to just be replacements and more 320s and 757s are staying in the fleet. 

Delta doesn't want to do the work simply because of people like you. Don't tell me it cost to much when they do the same work for other airlines. LAN can call China just as easy as Delta can. 
They don't want to do the work, and the employees just keep buying into everything they are told. 

Reactions: 1 person