5TH Worst Airline in the WORLD

The flights are slam full. For 2010 we will rank at the top of the industry for on-time performance, completion factor, and baggage handling .... and near the top for fewest consumer complaints? Am I missing something? :huh:

Yes perception. The public does not percieve it like that.

Yes perception. The public does not percieve it like that.

Agreed, we need to change that! ..... The old original Piedmont Airlines spent a bunch of money touting it's successes. Some of you old PI folks probably remember Piedmont being named "airline of the year" once. They plastered it everywhere, for 12 months.

IVE worked through some bad times and we are not in one now .... Thanksgiving was proof ..... Our pay/compensation may still be substandard but at least we don't get crushed day after day by a crummy operation. I remember when a little snow storm would cripple the airline for days, I can't believe how quickly we recover now.

What the company needs to do is hire a top notch ad agency and make sure our 2010 achievements get noticed ...... by all, like Piedmont did and Southwest does.

IM no cool-aide sipper, but I believe in being honest ........ we are a very respectable airline now. All employees from the very top to the bottom should be proud.

http://barrettsbook.wordpress.com/portfolio/piedmont-airlines/

If US Airways wanted to improve their image they would invest more in the airline. How about investing in your employees? When you have agents that are working as part of a skeleton crew for an extremely low wage what do you expect? When you have flight attendants working longer, harder days for a lot less pay what do you expect but abbreviated service at times? It's not to slight the customer in their eyes but when you have a management team that doesn't always deliver you can't preach for your employee to. Food for thought there. Two wrongs don't make a right but it's pretty much the way it is. Look no further than Southwest to see how a successful airline should be run. US needs to improve their relations with it's employees, define it's niche and stick with it. People view US as a last resort in many cases. They view it as a beaten up, crusty airline that went bankrupt and now rapes and steals from it's customers through all the hidden fees to make it by. They view US as being filled with rude employees out to screw them any chance they get while being forced through crappy terminals and spruced up airplanes that have the appearance of a cheap wallpaper job. Again, US needs to look no further than Southwest to improve it's image. US is the leader of NOTHING positive in the airline industry. US is always in a race to the bottom and NEVER envied by anyone. Once, just ONCE I'd like to throw on my Stan Herman QVC uniform and feel semi-proud to go to work and say, "Yes, I work for US Airways." It's been a long time. :rolleyes:

Well, like I said, I believe in honesty .... you certainly were when you choose your board avatar .... :lol:

Well, like I said, I believe in honesty .... you certainly were when you choose your board user name .... :lol:

Hey, the truth hurts sometimes. Ya know what, maybe I'll change my name and post all kinds of awesome and innovative things US is doing. Would that make you feel better when you read my posts. Oh and yes.....that little ignore feature can help brighten your day as you'd never have to read my "sunshine" posts ever again. Moving along..........Have a GRRRRRREAT day. :D

If US Airways wanted to improve their image they would invest more in the airline. How about investing in your employees? When you have agents that are working as part of a skeleton crew for an extremely low wage what do you expect? When you have flight attendants working longer, harder days for a lot less pay what do you expect but abbreviated service at times? It's not to slight the customer in their eyes but when you have a management team that doesn't always deliver you can't preach for your employee to. Food for thought there. Two wrongs don't make a right but it's pretty much the way it is. Look no further than Southwest to see how a successful airline should be run. US needs to improve their relations with it's employees, define it's niche and stick with it. People view US as a last resort in many cases. They view it as a beaten up, crusty airline that went bankrupt and now rapes and steals from it's customers through all the hidden fees to make it by. They view US as being filled with rude employees out to screw them any chance they get while being forced through crappy terminals and spruced up airplanes that have the appearance of a cheap wallpaper job. Again, US needs to look no further than Southwest to improve it's image. US is the leader of NOTHING positive in the airline industry. US is always in a race to the bottom and NEVER envied by anyone. Once, just ONCE I'd like to throw on my Stan Herman QVC uniform and feel semi-proud to go to work and say, "Yes, I work for US Airways." It's been a long time. :rolleyes:

right on.

we dont' need a survey to know that this airline is run on the lowest common denominator. There is NO compelling reason to fly US> WE have succesfully lowered this place to the lowest fare on Expedia... It's now a commodity, in my other business I give customers a reason to work with me... and I go out of my way to make them happy.. Do we do that here? ..... Problem is as the costs go up with Oil rising we will be in big hurt... remember Doug says we don't need to hedge, natural hege buillt in LOL

Unless they are retired we have 737's on the west that don't even have individual air vents to adjust above your seat. What kind of third world airline is this? That's what I'd be saying if I were a paying passenger sweating on a plane in PHX. We have come a long way since Tempe took over and 'RE-BRANDED' the airline. This company STILL doesn't know what it is, who it wants to attract or what it wants to be. This airline is in limbo wanting desperately for someone to hook up but nobody will or has a desire. :rolleyes:
I knew this thread would be right up your drag queen alley. Please for the sake of all of your coworkers, take you and your attitude to another profession. You're a nightmare to fly with, and your reputation is long and wide.

I knew this thread would be right up your drag queen alley. Please for the sake of all of your coworkers, take you and your attitude to another profession. You're a nightmare to fly with, and your reputation is long and wide.

Oh my........so we've worked together? Do tell "widebody" do tell. I have nothing to hide my dear and while I highly doubt that to be my reputation why don't you retire and leave. After alll that commute to ATL is certainly taking it's toll on you. Moving along to other topics. NEXT ! ! ! !

Kiosks, kiosks, and more kiosks.

Let's reduce staffing and add more kiosks.

You know Tempe is drooling over the self-boarding kiosks, and I hear the baggage service kiosk is not to far behind.

Thank you LD3. The reason Debbie Downer was born in the first place was to expose the BS that we see around here. I'm sorry if I'm not going to turn a blind eye to what I on a daily basis. Some may choose to live in the thick of the trees yet claim they're not in a forest and they may live through rose colored glasses but I on the other hand am WELL AWARE. Debbie will tell it like it is be it good or bad regardless of how anyone feels. Feel kicked in the nuts over what I have to say or wanna tape Debbie's mouth shut? Use the ignore feature because as this battle heats up between management and the jackass JNC you'll hear me louder and more crystal clear than EVER. ON that note I hope everyone takes time to enjoy their holiday season, celebrate good health and appreciate those near and dear to you. Don't unyield on the fight but don't let it overcome you. Good Day. ;)

Back