700uw

amt4u

Jul 18, 2003
could you get us a link to the full company offer the mechs are to vote on?
or could you post it ?

umech does not belive you are connected, i think he is wrong.

thank you.

This notice appeared on the Pittsburgh Local Lodge web site last night (Friday), and only on the Pittsburgh LL's web site.

Last offer update

Information packets are being assembled and will be mailed out to all the Local Chairman as soon as they are completed. We expect to have them on Monday, providing the copies are delivered on time from the printer to the mail service. When the packets are received meetings will be set up with shop stewards to explain the package in detail to them. The shop steward meetings will take place after each shift. The information will then be distributed to the members by the Stewards. You will have time to review the information, ask questions, and any that can not be answered by your steward will be forwarded to your committee. This will provide for a rapid distribution of the information and a chance for all your questions to be answered prior to the vote.

The Vote will take place

January 17, 2005

Everyone I talk to in Charlotte is LIVID about the information blackout and/or incompetence surrounding this Company Proposal.

As my shop steward put it "I could have run it to Kinko's myselt, hopped on a mule, and still have had time to deliver it to the membership within twenty four hours" (Thursday night to Friday night).

repeet said:
This notice appeared on the Pittsburgh Local Lodge web site last night (Friday), and only on the Pittsburgh LL's web site.
Everyone I talk to in Charlotte is LIVID about the information blackout and/or incompetence surrounding this Company Proposal.

As my shop steward put it "I could have run it to Kinko's myselt, hopped on a mule, and still have had time to deliver it to the membership within twenty four hours" (Thursday night to Friday night).
[post="236857"][/post]​

They want everyone to be hit in the face at once when the you know what hits the fan

ALL Local Chairmen mean systemwide, not just PIT. CLT will be having the same meeting on the 17th, it was to have been posted last night on their web page.

I think you underestimate the callous hate this memebership has for the Company Leadership right now. We expect this thing to be so offensive, that any prior predjudice will not be required to totally dismiss this "Company Proposal".

And talking about "the you know what, hitting the fan". 700uw stated this last night on this board:

"and you will see M&R actually got Fleet Money in this deal towards the ask."

For what? A chance to have zero seniority at an unskilled job, that the company will continue to try and reduce? Talk about attempting to protect dues at the expense of the membership!!!

Repeet,

You need to think about what you said. This is a final offer from the company to the union, it is not a tentative agreement. The IAM did not propose this offer nor can endorse it.

The company gave the fleet credit in their final offer as the company intends to eliminate line utility. Just as the AFA got $1.5 Million in credit towards their bogey number for the samething.

Sit back and comprehend before you spew.

Thanks for you reply. I can appreciate that this has been a long and thankless ordeal to endure. But please, reread my post. I never called this Proposal/Ultimatim anything else but a Company Proposal.

Also, I make sure that 95% of everything I post on this board is nothing but the concensus of what I'm hearing on the floor, and in the shops. A handy service if heeded.

And the fustration level was so high Friday night, that statements like "one group "helped" another in the settlement" needs to have a simple explanation to them, or kept until the informational meeting.

I'm afraid that not faxing or scanning the proposal late Thursday night to the Lodges, and making them available to be photocopied and distributed by the LL's on Friday is going to have a HIGH political cost. Once again, a concesses of the comments I heard all of Friday night.

Well I all I can tell you is the Negotiating Committee had to go over the final offer, make a summary sheet and a cover letter to explain it.

Then it was sent to the printer to be delivered ASAP to all the Committee Chairman.

No sense in sending it out unless specific questions can be answered.

repeet said:

[post="236857"][/post]​
peet...you and have been around for quite awhile...have you ever seen logic and methodical precision from IAM?
just have to wait until proper protocols are satisfied......

700UW said:
ALL Local Chairmen mean systemwide, not just PIT. CLT will be having the same meeting on the 17th, it was to have been posted last night on their web page.
[post="236870"][/post]​

Should we mark this day as "FanDay"

Is there part of the speard sheet that i see from you retirement healthcare ? it looks as if that part got cut off