747-400 Full Flat Business Elite Status?

Jecka

Sep 10, 2011
I'm going to be flying from Detroit to Nagoya, Japan in just over a month on a Boeing 747-400 aircraft and was curious if my Business Elite seats were going to be the long-awaited "flat bed" type.

According to Delta's website, all 16 of the Boeing 747-400 fleet Business Elite sections will be updated to the flat bed seats between the summer of 2011 and the summer of 2012. Currently, according to the website again, the current legs that have the upgrades are Dubai, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Tokyo, London, and Sydney. I'm not sure when this list was last updated, though.

Has anyone flown to a destination not listed above and had the flat bed seats in Business Elite? Obviously this isn't that important, but I'm a sucker for new things. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm going to be flying from Detroit to Nagoya, Japan in just over a month on a Boeing 747-400 aircraft and was curious if my Business Elite seats were going to be the long-awaited "flat bed" type.

According to Delta's website, all 16 of the Boeing 747-400 fleet Business Elite sections will be updated to the flat bed seats between the summer of 2011 and the summer of 2012. Currently, according to the website again, the current legs that have the upgrades are Dubai, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Tokyo, London, and Sydney. I'm not sure when this list was last updated, though.

Has anyone flown to a destination not listed above and had the flat bed seats in Business Elite? Obviously this isn't that important, but I'm a sucker for new things. :rolleyes:

Thanks!
I don't know the timetable but I doubt any will be ready that soon. The first aircraft in a fleet usually takes longer also.
All of the cities you mention are served either by the 764 or 777, entirely or in part.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know the timetable but I doubt any will be ready that soon. The first aircraft in a fleet usually takes longer also.
All of the cities you mention are served either by the 764 or 777, entirely or in part.

It's official. On Deltanet today there is a whole article about the 744 upgrades. First one just went in for mods and will be out in November.

Latest posts