787 Outsourcing

Problem is the TWU knows they will never be fired. We took a few shots and the company helped them every time.

8AA was in SAT for a week, Boeing was doing some fuel tank work and some other things. Warranty work possible. The first airframe overhaul won't be for another 10 years.

Yet, the same union remains in place. I don't understand.
Jim all unions agreed to some outsourcing but these negotiations (now)may be the best or only opportunity to slow it down or gain more work

The problem with the twu is that they agree to outsourcing and then they have no way of figuring out if the company is violating the outsourcing percentage. Each quarter the company gives the union a percentage and the twu has no teeth in there contract to make the company show them how they came up with that percentage and have no way to do it on there own.

787 in SAT
AIRBUS in SAL
777 in HKG
777-300 in BFM
767 in BFM

787 fleet is just the latest victim to be outsourced. What ever happened with all that TULE talk of the Airbus work going there?

Yet, the same union remains in place. I don't understand.

None of the major airline unions have been able to prevent outsourcing of maintenance. It's not for a lack of trying, but the math can't be ignored. Foreign MRO's for all the abuse heaped on them by the US unions have been providing a high enough quality product that airlines keep using it, and so far, the fear over shoddy work hasn't actually manifested itself aside from a few isolated cases now and then.

And yes, those same types of isolated cases happen with insourcing. They just don't get publicity unless it results in someone on the outside making an issue of it like was done on the MD80 wiring bundle debacle.

None of the major airline unions have been able to prevent outsourcing of maintenance. It's not for a lack of trying, but the math can't be ignored. Foreign MRO's for all the abuse heaped on them by the US unions have been providing a high enough quality product that airlines keep using it, and so far, the fear over shoddy work hasn't actually manifested itself aside from a few isolated cases now and then.

And yes, those same types of isolated cases happen with insourcing. They just don't get publicity unless it results in someone on the outside making an issue of it like was done on the MD80 wiring bundle debacle.
The wiring debacle is that the one when my conehead buddies were mistakenly using the wiring schematic for a YAK-42? The fact that it was in Russian should have gave it away but you know

Hmmmm just how many aircraft inspections have you done?

Or is this a case of "well there has only been a few flaming holes in the ground so good enough" ?

top dawg, I am not claiming cause and effect but as the industry has been moving to more and more outsourcing, saftey is at all time records. And I know that on our Heavy MX vendors we are wayless tolerant on them than in house work any day of the week.