80% chance of US/DL merger

USAirways employees are among the BEST in the industry, moron! These employees have endured some of the worst of times. For years and years USAir/USAirways was considered to be on their last leg of survivability, they've endured countless years of ridicule, paycuts, layoffs, and countless attacks from the media. And yet STILL, they've gone to work and helped to turn their Airline around. There are probably no other employees in this Industry that have more dedication and loyalty!

I would add TWA/Ozark employees that have managed to survive and working at AA to that list of "Best in the Industry"
They may still have some of the "2 great companies-one great future" hats they can loan the DL employees.

Really? Perhaps you are the one lacking common sense? Like I said, you should thank America West for preserving your job.

From the Boyd group:

First, in 2005, America West Holdings bought a dying carrier that represented very little route or competitive overlap.
That's 100% different from this current deal, where there is
competitive overlap up the whazoo, particularly in smaller
communities that have near zip chances of getting new
competition should this merger go through.

Second, in the first US Airways deal, HP acquired a carrier
that for all indications was heading smooth out of business,
and in the process of doing so, HP preserved enormous
amounts of service, and retained enormous amounts of
competition on the East Coast. America West Holdings was
the cavalry that arrived to save the day, not to mention
thousands of jobs in the East.
I guess we can go on and on about AWA takeover of Usairways, You can certainly believe what you want.But the FACT remains the combined airline survived due to HUGE concessions from Usairways employees..
I can see why someone like yourself would harbor resentment that USAirways did in FACT survive.
It looks like there is a real possibility that some Delta employees will be going thru similiar situations that Usairways employees had to endure. For that I am truly sorry.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Clue",

You DID'NT do your "homework" on your response. :shock:

Granted DL's (present non-Union) employees outnumber the US folks in the AMT-F/A-RAMP-RES areas.

BUT,
You've failed to take into consideration, the DL folks, that HAVE voted(and lost) to have Union representation.

It's a VERY good assumption to expect "those" folks to "join" the US union folks, to become a MAJORITY !!
(Think F/A's)

NH/BB's
Don't think that You'll have to worry about Deltoids not voting for a union after what has happened over the past couple of years....they've been screwed enuf....

After reading some of the messages posted by the U.S. Airways employees, I am more glad than ever that the U/UA merger fell apart. You people remind me of a swarm of locust.

To the good folks at Delta: Keep your chin up. Looking at this merger proposal, I don't see how it will pass the laugh test with the creditors and the Justice Department.

Can anyone say overlap?

After reading some of the messages posted by the U.S. Airways employees, I am more glad than ever that the U/UA merger fell apart. You people remind me of a swarm of locust.

To the good folks at Delta: Keep your chin up. Looking at this merger proposal, I don't see how it will pass the laugh test with the creditors and the Justice Department.

Can anyone say overlap?
Thank You Dave for your words of wisdom. :lol:
Your last name would'nt be Siegle. would it ?

A couple of years ago, Delta just wanted US Airways to go away. Looks like their wish, in name only, is finally going to occur. Greeter

"The hunter" has become "the hunted".

Funny. US is out there always having to merge or begging to merge. Sounds alot like a whore. :D

Get a clue moron! We DON'T need Delta or anybody else. DELTA needs us. Just like we DID need AWA.

If building the best airline in the world with the largest revenue capacity is being a whore... sign me up!!

You neglect to mention it's been fifteen years since Delta bought anything from another airline, while your boy Doug seems to have a shopping disorder.

Oh, since it was in the past that makes it okay for Delta but not anybody else????

I can't even read these posts anymore.
What a bunch of unproffessional, uncivilized, uneducated responses from people who claim to be professionals.

Good night Gracie!!!!

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='431510' date='Nov 20 2006, 02:26 AM']All the non-union DL employees have had many chances to vote in a union. But, they always said "we have it better non-union." If this goes through; I bet they wish that a union was voted in. No Union = STAPLE! :lol:[/quote]
The whole sub-contracted global delta employees are somlians/kenyans /liberians on work visas thye have on fcking clue what aunion is keep handing out the pins u stupid asses go bakct oyou r country.

Really? Perhaps you are the one lacking common sense? Like I said, you should thank America West for preserving your job.

From the Boyd group:

First, in 2005, America West Holdings bought a dying carrier that represented very little route or competitive overlap.
That's 100% different from this current deal, where there is
competitive overlap up the whazoo, particularly in smaller
communities that have near zip chances of getting new
competition should this merger go through.

Second, in the first US Airways deal, HP acquired a carrier
that for all indications was heading smooth out of business,
and in the process of doing so, HP preserved enormous
amounts of service, and retained enormous amounts of
competition on the East Coast. America West Holdings was
the cavalry that arrived to save the day, not to mention
thousands of jobs in the East.

The US folk have been trying to convince themselves that HP didn't buy them out, but they are starting to figure it out.

Ask Al Crellin!

The whole sub-contracted global delta employees are somlians/kenyans /liberians on work visas thye have on fcking clue what aunion is keep handing out the pins u stupid asses go bakct oyou r country.

Kramer is that you??? lol <_<

Don't think that You'll have to worry about Deltoids not voting for a union after what has happened over the past couple of years....they've been screwed enuf....

Oh course you don't have to worry about a vote...there won't be a vote.. they will just become voting and dues paying members.

The US folk have been trying to convince themselves that HP didn't buy them out, but they are starting to figure it out.

Ask Al Crellin!
Guys, its over. HP/US merged. It will forever be a which came first the chicken or the egg when it comes to who bought who or saved who. Let it go and lets concentrate how Delta may fit into the picture or better yet figure out how to get thru the holidays ... or even better yet how to get Bags thru PHL during the HOliday. Mama

Ask Al Crellin!
Retiree, Where did HP get the money to buy out US ?

One thing for sure, HP themselves did'nt have the $$$$.
The money for the buyout came from Usairways employees that took HUGE pay and benefit cuts, and outside investors.
Don't have to ask Al Crellin, it's rather obvious.

After hearing about the merger announcement I initially thought why would Doug Parker not seek Northwest as a partner instead of Delta if for nothing else less route overlap and a more similar fleet. After at looking at Delta Closer, the fleet's are more similar than I originally thought.

-----Deleted for brevity----

What's important for employees to realize is that with $1.65 billion per year in economic benefits, there is every right to believe that each employee would be working for a financially stronger airline that would be able to provide more job security and higher pay and benefits than if the merger did not proceed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Excellent analysis! Thanks.