A A to get $ 5.5B, plus $ 2 B MORE, if needed !!

Im sure AA will try to renegotiate leases to avoid BK. The lenders lose out too. In BK they end up getting pennies on a dollar as they say in BK.

Im sure AA will try to renegotiate leases to avoid BK. The lenders lose out too. In BK they end up getting pennies on a dollar as they say in BK.
not to sure about that. the last bankruptcy at aa EVERYONE was made whole. except of course the employees. which again will happen.

Just tonite, Pelosi offered up 2.2T $, part of which goes to AA/UA.

Soooo.

The F Replugs Now have to PUT UP, or SHUT t-f UP !!
2.2 trillion. There are pork bellies in there for bailing out states that are mismanaged and those governors failed. Now they want federal bail out to fix something that those states refuse to fix themselves so they can repeat their mistakes. That's federal tax dollars that needs to be used for the citizens that are affected by Covid-19 directly not mismanaged states who feel entitled.

AA's debt is secured by things like AAdvantage, planes, etc. There's not much left to use for DIP financing. Further, AA's debt level vs. revenue make this pretty much impossible to pay. The only way for creditors (including the gov't.) to be made whole is to sell those assets off.

And you're right; employees always get burned in the end.

2.2 trillion. There are pork bellies in there for bailing out states that are mismanaged and those governors failed. Now they want federal bail out to fix something that those states refuse to fix themselves so they can repeat their mistakes. That's federal tax dollars that needs to be used for the citizens that are affected by Covid-19 directly not mismanaged states who feel entitled.

Oregonians...Floridians...New Yorkers... Alabamans...

All Americans. Period. We live in the United States.

Pick a side or change your name to swaAAL....

A PSP extension will let airlines like AA kick their debt down the road, and also keep WN and DL from reaping the rewards of being better run airlines. Might be good for the workers of AA, but its not good for you or the guys at DL who would benefit from AA's pain. Not sure why you can't accept the fact you have a good management team, AA doesn't, and there are consequences for both employee groups.

Save the PSP for small businesses. They need the help and are feeling far more pain than large companies that are largely owned by banks and private equity.
I very easily do accept the very two different ways these two airlines are ran, and very thankful for who I work with and for.

Not saying this as flamebait, but I wonder if WN & DL stayed away from gov't loans so they could possibly by AA (or UA) assets in case of BK.
Interesting thought there Kev., maybe so, huh?

AA's debt is secured by things like AAdvantage, planes, etc. There's not much left to use for DIP financing. Further, AA's debt level vs. revenue make this pretty much impossible to pay. The only way for creditors (including the gov't.) to be made whole is to sell those assets off.

And you're right; employees always get burned in the end.
If your in the airline industry, and you are not thinking of life after it..... dont blame anyone but yourself.
Personally if i can get 15 months that would be great. If not ill still live happily ever after.

Reactions: swamt and Talos
Not saying this as flamebait, but I wonder if WN & DL stayed away from gov't loans so they could possibly by AA (or UA) assets in case of BK.

isn't delta's current debt level ($20+ billion) apprx. where aa's debt level was at when fiscal watchdogs were having conniptions about aa's debt?

at this time - unfortunately, delta has to put off aircraft purchases but, going forward; delta will manage to acquire aa assets along with purchasing new aircraft?

ok.

isn't delta's current debt level ($20+ billion) apprx. where aa's debt level was at when fiscal watchdogs were having conniptions about aa's debt?

at this time - unfortunately, delta has to put off aircraft purchases but, going forward; delta will manage to acquire aa assets along with purchasing new aircraft?

ok.

If that number is correct- and I'll take your word that it is- then it's less than half of AA's.

I'm was just talking out loud, but If 2020 has taught us anything about aviation, it's that anything is possible.

I believe that SWA as well as Delta both were able to raise 15 billion in cash and reserves where AA is going further into debt by that same amount and could get even larger into debt than that when it is all said and done.

so, the guys with white beards, bells and buckets were actually collecting for southwest and delta?

southwest and delta haven't borrowed money from private capital at higher rates than aa?

the point here is that all the airlines need the payroll support again, or, all the airlines will file - simple as that.

the most disappointing thing about this was that science couldn't come up with a therapeutic for this virus in the past 6-7 months. looks like science will develop a vaccine for this virus before developing a therapeutic for this virus.

Latest posts