A A to get $ 5.5B, plus $ 2 B MORE, if needed !!

If that number is correct- and I'll take your word that it is- then it's less than half of AA's.

I'm was just talking out loud, but If 2020 has taught us anything about aviation, it's that anything is possible.

going into this crisis in the spring of 2020 - i want to say the spread was about $8+ billion. aa mid $20s billion debt levels and delta high teen debt levels.

there is a reason delta would prefer to pay 100 basis points more on loans from private capital to boost liquidity as compared to aa's recent loan from the govt.

It DOESN'T Matter, Strings or No strings.

The M O R O N Does Not Need the BAD PRESS of UA/AA dumping 30 GRAND worth of EMPLOYEES onto the street, Because the CHIT' - HEAD has ENOUGH on his Head Now, with TAX FRAUD, Covid, Economy etc.
Have you seen his tax returns? All I hear is sources tell us. Just like the whistle blower witness that never surfaced in the impeachment hearings. I hate to see jobs get dumped but 2.2 trillion for stuff not related to the relief bailout will cost you and I in taxes we pay. The Democrats are taking advantage with no regard of the American workers who pay taxes. They need to come to their senses and come up with a recovery bailout that is for its intended purpose. I think it will go down to the wire and some compromising will take place. If not then our government has shown they care more about their political parties and agendas on the backs of the American people.

so, the guys with white beards, bells and buckets were actually collecting for southwest and delta?

southwest and delta haven't borrowed money from private capital at higher rates than aa?

the point here is that all the airlines need the payroll support again, or, all the airlines will file - simple as that.

the most disappointing thing about this was that science couldn't come up with a therapeutic for this virus in the past 6-7 months. looks like science will develop a vaccine for this virus before developing a therapeutic for this virus.

Actually there are several different therapeutics, which is why the death rate has dropped way down.
Your just not hearing much about this in the mainstream press because they want you scared and locked down.
Rapid testing is becoming more and more available and by mid fall should be the norm.

It’s hard to gauge if this new bill will be passed soon.
When I read it there are once again lots of strings attached to it for the airlines but I guess if they get the payroll support there good with it.

Did you read the whole thing?
Yes most of it and I know there are things in it the republicans will have trouble with, such as the 600 dollars for unemployment so yeah there are items that will hang this up.
If it’s not passed within a few weeks it’s not going to get done before Nov 3rd

Oregonians...Floridians...New Yorkers... Alabamans...

All Americans. Period. We live in the United States.
We are all Americans no matter what state. We do not vote for representatives in states other than our own. I have a problem with a stimulus that helps states that I have no say in getting stimulus money. It's one of the problems with the government getting a law passed and including things in the law that have nothing to do with the original purpose so they can get enough votes. It happens quite often and I think it's wrong. You don't mind seeing a state get extra help due to a disaster, but not one they caused themselves.

We are all Americans no matter what state. We do not vote for representatives in states other than our own. I have a problem with a stimulus that helps states that I have no say in getting stimulus money. It's one of the problems with the government getting a law passed and including things in the law that have nothing to do with the original purpose so they can get enough votes. It happens quite often and I think it's wrong. You don't mind seeing a state get extra help due to a disaster, but not one they caused themselves.

Again, that’s not how this works. Using your logic, I should be able to opt out of paying any aid to B6 and NK since they don’t fly anywhere in my state. AA too, since all we see is Eagle.

Hell, Delaware taxpayers should be off the hook for the entire PSP portion of this bill.