A/C Maintenance Supervisors Gone

Vortilon

Veteran
Jun 22, 2004
USA
Well, Danny is at it again. A/C Maint. Supervisors are going to be a thing of the past. Obviously, there will be some put out on the street as a result. Others who are deemed worthy, will be given a new title of manager and given different responsibilities. Class one stations will see the biggest changes. Class twos to a lesser extent, as the supervisors there already perform the duties of a manager anyway.

Management, can't seem to make up it's mind on this issue. In the past, there couldn't be enough supervisors around, and now - who needs them. The new managers will be assigned specific tasks to oversee - such as: time and attendance, compliance, etc..

Anyway, they all have to reapply for the new jobs, and will be selected by a panel for the new management positions. So if your supervisors seem a bit apprehensive - you will know why. ;)

I’m not sticking up for management, but here’s how I see it.

Danny has a problem he doesn’t know how to resolve so he’s messing with everyone.

Danny had 22 year old punk kids form Boston Consulting tell him he has too many members of management setting around supervising four walls. As an example at DFW there are six of them. I’m sure that the rest of the system has the same problem.

I’m sure that if Danny stepped up and fired the dead weight he would end his carrier with lawsuits.

As an example at DFW there are six of them. I’m sure that the rest of the system has the same problem.
Yeah, DFW pays out over $500k a year to manage lockers, portable radios, websites, among other useless stuff. Not to mention the money being paid to one person to screw up third-party contracts. :down:

Jeez, there is now too much management???? :rolleyes:

I'd never thought I'd ever hear of such a thing at AA. With all the new "special" managment positions created by the laughable PLI and CI programs. Now there is too much???

I think they might want to look at the 47 Vice Presidents and go down the ladder from there. Of course that might include Danny. :huh:

Geez, some of you guys have been complaining about too many supervisors for years, since crew chiefs pretty much do the same job.

So, now that senior management agrees with you, rather than applaud the fact that they're doing what you thought should have been done all along, you instead beat up on Danny. Go figure...

I was told the Supervisors positions will be eliminated, and manager level 5 positions promoted in their place with a 20% reduction in total headcount.

I dont see how any money will be saved by removing 20% level 4's and making the 80% that is left into level 5 managers.

That is the explanation I was given.

Good Grief!

Depends on where the 20% being eliminated fall on the payscale.

Check Jetnet and you'll see that a 1st quartile L5 probably earns less than a 3rd or 4th quartile L4. If a higher percentage of senior guys are seen as dead weight and are shown the door, the bump in pay for the survivors may wind up being a wash.

Perhaps this is just preparing for the spin-off that has been predicted for so long...

Overheard my 2 supervisors last night talking about the possible options for them....they were kicking around several ideas but they both mentioned several times that any new position would not be with AA.Now I don't belive anything that these 2 say when it comes to the work(execept line clear}, but they have been preety close with the rumors over the last several months...and this is something we have been talking about in the breakroom for sometime now... especialy with area 51 about to open and the contract about up...anyone else heard anything about AA spinning off maint?????

Geez, some of you guys have been complaining about too many supervisors for years, since crew chiefs pretty much do the same job.

So, now that senior management agrees with you, rather than applaud the fact that they're doing what you thought should have been done all along, you instead beat up on Danny. Go figure...

Guess who gets the boot?

Those supervisors who are not "liked" buy their superiors are on thin ice with one foot out the door.

Overheard my 2 supervisors last night talking about the possible options for them....they were kicking around several ideas but they both mentioned several times that any new position would not be with AA.Now I don't belive anything that these 2 say when it comes to the work(execept line clear}, but they have been preety close with the rumors over the last several months...and this is something we have been talking about in the breakroom for sometime now... especialy with area 51 about to open and the contract about up...anyone else heard anything about AA spinning off maint?????

I also see this as the company's firing the first shot leading into contract negotiations. They will tell the TWU, "sorry, we can't give you guys anything,,we really would like to, but as you can see, we laid of 15% of managemement. And don't ask about the executives bonus payouts, that has nothing to do with you guys."

The threat of bankruptcy was the threat to stampede us into accepting the concessions. The threat of spinning off maintenance is the threat to stampede us into accepting the upcoming contract.

I recall some saying AMR Services was planned for that function a while back. How well did that work out?

They "beat up" on anyone they don't agree with...ever...even when there is reason TO agree.

They've been beating up on the TWU for years too and you seem to buy that crap!! If they aren't blaming the TWU it's the company, if it's not the company then it's Jim Little....if it's not Jim Little then it's Local 514 in Tulsa.....always someone else, never being accountable for their role. On and on and on and on......with no end in sight. And people will continue to believe every word they say.

HMMM???? Lesson learned yet????? :huh:

Wrench, AMR services never did more than contract line maintenance from what I recall. Eagle set up a subsidiary (EASI) to do overhaul in ABI. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?
They've been beating up on the TWU for years too and you seem to buy that crap!!

Hmmm. I don't buy anything, Bill. I just see facts.

Fact: The APA is structured as a democracy from top to bottom. Their leaders are held accountable, as is evident in the most recent election where Ralph Hunter got booted, and in many other elections prior to that.

Fact: The APFA is structured as a democracy from top to bottom. Their leaders are held accountable, as is evident by John Ward being booted out of office, and Denise Hedges being re-elected to multiple terms years back.

Fact: The TWU pretends to be a democracy, but is really structured a lot like the Soviet Politburo was, where only pre-approved local party officials were "elected" by the people, but everyone else above that level is simply appointed on a patronage system.

Wrench, AMR services never did more than contract line maintenance from what I recall.

Quite right. AMR services did not do more than contract line maintenance, but some thought that it was the first step in replacing AA mechanics, or at least the threat thereof.

Certainly, AMR services did maintenance on AA airplanes at small stations. It is not exactly a Kierkegaardian leap of faith to believe that AA might have considered expanding that operation to replace us, or instill fear in us to make us more likely to buy a substandard contract. The huge amount of AA equipment that was taken from our operations and just handed over to AMR services was downright scary. I'm talking Unirigs, T500s, etc. I know the TWU leadership considered that scenario, and figured only the line would be threatened, not their power base in TUL.

They "beat up" on anyone they don't agree with...ever...even when there is reason TO agree.

They've been beating up on the TWU for years too and you seem to buy that crap!! If they aren't blaming the TWU it's the company, if it's not the company then it's Jim Little....if it's not Jim Little then it's Local 514 in Tulsa.....always someone else, never being accountable for their role. On and on and on and on......with no end in sight. And people will continue to believe every word they say.
HMMM???? Lesson learned yet????? :huh:

Spoken like a true management wanna be

keep stompin that foot thats all the twu will ever due

Latest posts