A.M.F.A. support at the line stations?

I respectfully disagree. Companies shoot from the hip, and rely on accountants to make decisions. These numbers are not always in the best interest of the companies long term viability. Just ask any aircraft mechanic how often a bone head company decision to save money actually costs more in the long run. I believe for many years American and the leadership did it right. Unfortunately times have changed for AA, and they are turning towards the outsourcing direction of other airlines to "cut costs". Truly unfortunate, because vendors can not compete in reliability with in house workers. But with so many MRO's in this country, over 4000 at last count, and the chance to buy maintenance on the "cheap" it is a struggle for any of us in the airlines to keep our jobs. Our combined voices and strong experienced Union leadership do lend some help towards that fight.

Why do I feel an IBT commercial coming to this site soon?
:lol:
B) xUT

I have been monkeying around air machines for over 27 years. As a mechanic, I have seen the hit on our craft first hand. I do not blame any of the Unions, including AMFA. I am simply stating that you too will need strength rather than promises if you want to keep alive in this industry much longer. I agree with you on the substandard pay, so no thanks. I'll stay where I am.

So you bash AMFA for higher pay and more outsource.
But dont want to come to work for the TWU low pay that keeps the work in-house.

Why not?

Reactions: 3 people
Why do I feel an IBT commercial coming to this site soon?
:lol:
B) xUT

Next week I hear the attempted TWU "BAILOUT" by the IBT begins.

Should be fun and laughable

Email Communications they even call it a BAILOUT

Just how strong and united of a Union would we have if they succeed. Dumbass idiots have no clue.

Reactions: 2 people
As many have already posted here, stay FAR AWAY from the teamsters. They lied their way onto the UAL property, and they will attempt to do the same at American.

Be prepared to fight an onslaught of mistruths, twists, and outright lies as they will spend a great deal of $$$green$$$ on organizing in an attempt to flood your membership with hoe great they are and how bad AMFA is.

If its democracy you want, you DON'T want the teamsters.

Reactions: 3 people
As many have already posted here, stay FAR AWAY from the teamsters. They lied their way onto the UAL property, and they will attempt to do the same at American.

Be prepared to fight an onslaught of mistruths, twists, and outright lies as they will spend a great deal of $$$green$$$ on organizing in an attempt to flood your membership with hoe great they are and how bad AMFA is.

I dont even believe they are sincere in their reason for appearance. They only wish to dilute support for change to AMFA and would not file for an election even if the majority were fools enough to support this charade.

the TWU - IBT relationship
It was called an "alliance" in 2003, it was called and "alliance" two weeks ago, and it will be an "alliance" next year.

What is sad, is they will be both talk about a united and strong union, but they have to resort to less than high road tactics to maintain the status quo.

Yeah the TWU prevented a representational election in 2003. But they only became more docile in exhange for keeping their dues payers. That in itself is lack of leadership, lack of unionism, and lack of strength. And so we suffer as individual workers, as does the profession suffer, and only the TWU dues coffers benefit. And they all scratch their heads wondering why the members do not support them, and then blame that self created lack of membership support for their own failures.

The members will never support a farce, an organization that uses dirty politics to stay in power. A Union that only stays on the property by such means will never succeed.

I know a man who always says "NO VOTE - NO PEACE"

What is worse than no peace, is a union with no support.

So now it will be "NO VOTE - NO SUPPORT"

I kicked the hornets nest..... : )

Hold on to those words "democracy", "more pay for more outsourcing". In the end, for those few that are left, spiritual AMFA fighting words are all that will be left. You will be standing there looking at the empty workstations wondering what happened. AMFA, and Unions created to cause dissent in the ranks, are not the answer. We can get in to the history of AMFA later. For now, Google the McCormick investment group and AMFA. At least take the time to research the group you want to rest your careers on, then we can get in to it all you want. Just in case you don't get it, I m not pro IBT, IAM, or TWU in this venue. Through experience, I have simply been changed to anti AMFA.

Next week I hear the attempted TWU "BAILOUT" by the IBT begins.

Should be fun and laughable

Email Communications they even call it a BAILOUT

Just how strong and united of a Union would we have if they succeed. Dumbass idiots have no clue.

I agree at least on your final comment Mr Horton, we just differ on who those Dumbass idiots are.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Reactions: 2 people
Well now, there's a big surprise. LOL Maybe you, Overspeed, HSS, & realitycheck (nube) can get together and console each other, cause nobody wants anything to do with your weak a$$ union!

I hope this helps you now and in the future:
Tongue in cheek: Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously.

Sarcasm: Cutting often ironic remark intending to wound. A form of wit that uses sarcastic language intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

You sure your not talking about the TWU?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

My favorite of all quotes, and my favorite President.

I dont even believe they are sincere in their reason for appearance. They only wish to dilute support for change to AMFA and would not file for an election even if the majority were fools enough to support this charade.

the TWU - IBT relationship
It was called an "alliance" in 2003, it was called and "alliance" two weeks ago, and it will be an "alliance" next year.

What is sad, is they will be both talk about a united and strong union, but they have to resort to less than high road tactics to maintain the status quo.

Yeah the TWU prevented a representational election in 2003. But they only became more docile in exhange for keeping their dues payers. That in itself is lack of leadership, lack of unionism, and lack of strength. And so we suffer as individual workers, as does the profession suffer, and only the TWU dues coffers benefit. And they all scratch their heads wondering why the members do not support them, and then blame that self created lack of membership support for their own failures.

The members will never support a farce, an organization that uses dirty politics to stay in power. A Union that only stays on the property by such means will never succeed.

I know a man who always says "NO VOTE - NO PEACE"

What is worse than no peace, is a union with no support.

So now it will be "NO VOTE - NO SUPPORT"

Blaaa di de blaaa blaaa blaaa. Brother, you sound like too many ideologist who have simply lost their way during a fight. It is funny how you whine on and on about the Unions who have done nothing more than try to protect you, yet YOU say nothing about those very corporations who harm. No Vote - No Support, I beg you to tell me how exactly, or when AMFA has truly supported any member on the ropes. Just give me ONE example? They do not fight corporations period . Nor do they fight for their general membership. AMFA makes deals to protect whats left. Is that what you want? To protect yourself? In that case, my apologies sir, vote AMFA, save your own single self righteous hide. After all, that is what the association is all about. Protecting the few at the expense of ALL.

Latest posts