A&P hiring in OKC?

It's third party MRO. What do you think?

Just as there are better airlines to work for, e.g., WN, I would hope there are better MRO's to work for as well. My skills are not limited to aviation industry but I am one of those who chose this profession out of intrigue, no necessity.

It's only a done deal if you let it be so.

I made the decision when the early out was offered to separate from AA and am among the 592 title I in TULE. I have good health and 22+ years of structures/avionics experience to lend to another employer. There is life after AA and I'm intent on pursuing it.

Just as there are better airlines to work for, e.g., WN, I would hope there are better MRO's to work for as well. My skills are not limited to aviation industry but I am one of those who chose this profession out of intrigue, no necessity.

I've worked with a lot of guys over the years who have been employed by any number of MRO's. They all have said the same thing, thye will never work for another one.

.I made the decision when the early out was offered to separate from AA and am among the 592 title I in TULE. I have good health and 22+ years of structures/avionics experience to lend to another employer. There is life after AA and I'm intent on pursuing it.

An MRO seems to be a waste of those talents.

Tinker has an Aircraft Electrician (Avionics) position(s) on the usajobs.gov website if anyone is interested. Would this would be a better job than an MRO, e.g., AAR?

Tinker has an Aircraft Electrician (Avionics) position(s) on the usajobs.gov website if anyone is interested. Would this would be a better job than an MRO, e.g., AAR?

A civil service job is better than an MRO, better benefits and you don't have to worry about losing your job becasue the company might go under.

Does anyone know anything about AAR in OKC good or bad?

Dont know about AAR in OKC or what its like now but I worked in one of their component repair shops for around three months. Hated it, it sucked. Boring, Horns for when you can take a break, a horn for lunch, a horn to go home and they were so cheap they would not buy the right tooling or supplies to do the job. One of my jobs was repairing emergency light assys. They wanted us to tear off the spot welded bonding strips off the batteries and reuse them, to make things even worse they were too cheap to get a spot welder, they told us to solder them on, the heat from soldering would damage the batteries so we had a very high failure rate. The managers acted like it was the greatest place to work. Non-union, so its sad how you see grown men with crappy jobs eagerly boot lick the managers. They had some VP come by, forced us all to go listen to his shpeel. Seems that the quality was poor (due to non-esistant training, tooling or parts) so they wanted to offer training but they wanted us to sign up for training, on our own time, and sign a deal that if we didnt stay for a number of years we would pay them for the value of the training. I asked if we would get a raise if we took the training, he said NO, So I said why would anyone sign up for training on their own time, where they would have to pay for it if they leave, if they arent going to make any more money? He didnt like that response, but other guys thanked me for saying it. I dont know what happened because I resigned shortly after that. I'd drive a truck before I'd go back to that.

Anyone had any experience with the job brokers like Aerotek, STS, Indeed, Simplyhired, etc.?

Anyone had any experience with the job brokers like Aerotek, STS, Indeed, Simplyhired, etc.?

No but I see they have a ton of jobs on the Careerbuilder.com.
There was one on there offering $34/hr for a structures guy. I'll see if I can find it.

Over 440 jobs listed here, didnt see the $34 one but did see a few $30.

http://www.careerbui...craft-Mechanic/

Structures Mechanic - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-Time | Pay: $32.50/hour
in the aviation industry, is looking for sheet metal mechanics for their location in Denver, CO ... Structures, Sheet Metal, Aircraft...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend
MovieCamera.JPG
Aerotek TX - San Antonio
2 Weeks Ago

SHEETMETAL MECHANIC-$30/HR - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-Time | Pay: $30.00/hour
Sheet Metal Mechanics.•*Qualified candidates must have King Air, Dash-7, or similar aircraft ... King Air aircraft experience,...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend
MovieCamera.JPG
Aerotek MD - Hagerstown
2 Days Ago

Rate job listings to improve your search results and job recommendations.
Sign in or Register to add this feature to your search preferences. Aircraft Structures Mechanic - View similar jobs
Job type: Contractor | Pay: $25.00 - $29.00/hour
*Performing Heavy structural repairs and modifications on C-130’s, KC-135’s and E-6’s.•Must have own tools and must be shadowed, inventoried and...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend Volt KS - Wichita
Dec-21 Aircraft Structures Mechanic - View similar jobs
Job type: Contractor | Pay: $25.50/hour
body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.Read work orders, blueprints, and...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend Volt WY - Casper
2 Days Ago

What's This?
Sign in or Register to add this feature to your search preferences. Aircraft Structures Mechanic - View similar jobs
body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.Read work orders, blueprints, and...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend Volt MT - Missoula
2 Days Ago

What's This?
Sign in or Register to add this feature to your search preferences. Aircraft structures Mechanic - View similar jobs

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend Volt WA - Spokane
2 Days Ago

What's This?
." Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications." Read work orders, blueprints, and...

View full job description Save to MyCareerBuilder Saved Job (View Saved Jobs) Email to a friend Volt WA - Spokane
2 Days Ago

http://www.indeed.co...k,-NY-jobs.html

https://www.urs.appl...tPage=6&sid=364

Here in NY Delta, Jet Blue and Virgin are all hiring, and UAL just broke ground on a widebody hangar in EWR, they expect 600 jobs there if I heard right.

Yep AA with their one week of vacation, 2 and a half days of Holiday pay, one penny and hour for afternoons, two cents for nights (plus MRT of 50 cents) five sick days, straight timne for training, no doubletime-ever, and $23.70/hr will surely be on the top of every mechanics list---as the one to avoid!!!

Yep AA with their one week of vacation, 2 and a half days of Holiday pay, one penny and hour for afternoons, two cents for nights (plus MRT of 50 cents) five sick days, straight timne for training, no doubletime-ever, and $23.70/hr will surely be on the top of every mechanics list---as the one to avoid!!!
Thanks for the heads up Bob. A lot of mechanics in Tul are wishing they had taken the early out believing the writing is on the wall. The Seattle 737 outsourcing may be the death knell for the Tul operation.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the heads up Bob. A lot of mechanics in Tul are wishing they had taken the early out believing the writing is on the wall. The Seattle 737 outsourcing may be the death knell for the Tul operation.

Same here, lots of guys putting in for the MTA and looking for a way out.

Reactions: 1 person
Have a 3 month contract with ARINC through Aerotek in OKC with a direct hire option. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Reactions: 3 people