AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Happy New Year to everyone and may 2020 finally bring us the long awaited contract
One that most of us can live with. Everyone stay safe out there

Reactions: swamt
2020 will probably bring us more mediated negotiations, more vague updates and a take it or leave it contract to vote on because the APA starts negotiations in January. Then May comes the APFA. Somewhere in the middle of this we get squeezed out as a lower priority. I see a deal reached just to get us out of the way from the other two unions.
No ILC JCBA as promised. The association is still heavily worried about the lawsuit and how much it will cost them. This association thing is so complicated and fractured that it makes our two party government look good.

2020 will probably bring us more mediated negotiations, more vague updates and a take it or leave it contract to vote on because the APA starts negotiations in January. Then May comes the APFA. Somewhere in the middle of this we get squeezed out as a lower priority. I see a deal reached just to get us out of the way from the other two unions.
No ILC JCBA as promised. The association is still heavily worried about the lawsuit and how much it will cost them. This association thing is so complicated and fractured that it makes our two party government look good.

I truly hope not

Obviously the IAM negotiators are comfortable where we sit. The TWU side is afraid to fight the Association and have become irrelevant.
As I said many moons ago, well played IAM, you protected your members. For the TWU, you talked a tough fight, but when push came to shove, you became "yes men"... Even the IAM six figure boys can't believe how easily you were able to push over!

Last edited:
Reactions: we're screwed
Obviously the IAM negotiators are comfortable where we sit. The TWU side is afraid to fight the Association and have become irrelevant.
As I said many moons ago, well played IAM, you protected your members. For the TWU, you talked a tough fight, but when push came to shove, you became "yes men"... Even the IAM six figure boys can't believe how easily you were able to push over!
Hence the card drive. Unbeleivable isnt it? They have had every opportunity to do the right thing by the membership and have passed. Nothing against any other work group but the only chance we have to get rid of them is to just find new representation. Fortunately the card drive seems to be going VERY well and this time we will be successful.

at AA the AMTs are seen as a number (that’s just the culture of AA) , at the association AA mechs are seen as fractions of numbers. (That’s just the greed and ineptitude of an industrial union with no accountability to members that are forced to be in union to work at AA)

I dare the association to try and organize the delta mechs. All the ass has to do is say “look what we have done for the AA AMTs”

Happy New Year everybody

Reactions: Vortilon and swamt

im really surprised Samuelson has been so quiet, he had a lot to say to Isom at townhall

im really surprised Samuelson has been so quiet, he had a lot to say to Isom at townhall
He's learning fast how the airlines operate differently from the subways. The only tracks in aircraft are seat tracks. And he's never layed them down. His big mouth already has screwed us. From this point on he should keep his trap shut.

Is it safe to say that there will be no contract by the end of the year?
LOL. ;)
12/31/2019
It was safe to say that on 01-01-18.
I think we are all wondering if 2020 will even present a contract offer.
If not a contract in 2020, I am sure new representation will prevail in 2020.
Happy new year to all!!!

A survey on this site asked when we could expect a JCBA from the ASSociation. Most replied that it would be done within a year or two. I was the only one that said "never". It's looking like I may be right.

Yep and it’s an absolutely shame and disservice to all the hard working folks at AA
Everyone involved need to sit down and get this done soon
I still say if the powers that be really wanted us to have a contract we would have one,one that everyone could live with.