AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

That's one of many. The TWU needed to keep Members to to date with the potential changes that could come up.

All that talk of no concessions has conditioned many to believe what we had would be enhanced, strengthened. When they see the changes, they'll be against them just because they're different.

They did no prep work and now have to ingest an incredible amount of information. The IAM will be more familiar with where we ended up.

All this talk about the $3K will be a forgotten nuisance when the language comes out.
Had that conversation with peterson 2 years ago. He blew me off.

That's one of many. The TWU needed to keep Members to to date with the potential changes that could come up.

All that talk of no concessions has conditioned many to believe what we had would be enhanced, strengthened. When they see the changes, they'll be against them just because they're different.

They did no prep work and now have to ingest an incredible amount of information. The IAM will be more familiar with where we ended up.

All this talk about the $3K will be a forgotten nuisance when the language comes out.
I understand completely, in fact in i personally look forward to the road show.

Or can it be understood allowing LUS members to keep their current policy was the only way to keep it on the table for both sides in the future?

what if i made a post in 2013 that lus members shouldn't be brought up to my wages and we'll keep it on the table for both sides in the future??

i said the company made a wrong, right. you guys got moved up. it was the right thing to do.

what about now? what's the right thing to do?

Here’s what I noticed.

1) we got the pay and scope that Isom said we were going to get YEARS ago in a townhall meeting.

2) it took 16% to make AMTs highest paid. It took 4.8% to make FSC highest paid.

3) the association created a us and them contract instead of one union one voice. Instead of All association members pulling in one direction.

I've seen first hand at DFW what an epic fail that is. The total disaster implemented last summer by mgmt was mind boggling. Today we learned that this Cedric fellow that was brought in as VP DFW, has suddenly retired from the company. I was told he was in his 40's. LMFAO. From what I've seen, anytime this mgmt team tries to change things to " their way" it's like the circus has come to town. I really wonder if they do it because of their adversarial attitude towards employees, or if they are just that out of touch with how to run a good large operation?

yeah, probably both. any advice or input from laa is self-serving and they disregard.

you can see the dysfunction from miles away. wall street knows and punishes the stock. it will spread that the company threw fuel on a labor fire with a $4+ billion deal with the compensatory disparity.

i guarantee you in 5 years (if this passes), lus will get more of a 'bonus' because of the pain of losing their 'exclusive' insurance. sito has already set the table for that in 5 years. mark my words.

in my opinion, these guys have forfeited their positions.

yeah, probably both. any advice or input from laa is self-serving and they disregard.

you can see the dysfunction from miles away. wall street knows and punishes the stock. it will spread that the company threw fuel on a labor fire with a $4+ billion deal with the compensatory disparity.

i guarantee you in 5 years (if this passes), lus will get more of a 'bonus' because of the pain of losing their 'exclusive' insurance. sito has already set the table for that in 5 years. mark my words.

in my opinion, these guys have forfeited their positions.
Maybe, maybe not. Who says they will even be iam or twu members? Especially on m&e.

How is it the iam kept the pension AND got a 4% 401k match, and our 401k match only went up 3.5%?

How is it the iam kept the pension AND got a 4% 401k match, and our 401k match only went up 3.5%?
IAM got 5% into IAMNPF with 4% 401k match
TWU got 5% base 401k with 4% 401k match
Are you saying you have a half of 1% 401k match currently?

3) the association created a us and them contract instead of one union one voice. Instead of All association members pulling in one direction.

^This^

This JCBA was supposed to bring you all together. Instead it only seems to reinforce the existing fractures. That’s not how representation is supposed to work!

LAA vs. LUS
Senior vs. Junior
FT vs. PT
Ramp vs. AMT
And everything else in between.

Many of you may not GAF, but for everyone that has lamented about how far AA has fallen (and everyone that hopes to see it get back on top) this should be a big deal. That Sito and Garcia can’t- or won’t- see that tells me that they really have no business advocating for labor in 2020.

Reactions: Duke787
IAM got 5% into IAMNPF with 4% 401k match
TWU got 5% base 401k with 4% 401k match
Are you saying you have a half of 1% 401k match currently?

yes, laa is at 5 1/2% match at the moment.

going forward (or backwards)...sito got laa a 5% automatic and 4% match.

What's the before and after for the proposed wages and how does it compare to top of industry (passenger airlines only, please)

For instance Fleet is at $30.81, the proposed raises takes them to $32.29. Top of industry is DL also at $32.29.
With the Ps that would have been above DL and without the split insurance it would have changed as well

Question for LAA members from a LUS member regarding healthcare proposal.
First, agreeing it is ridiculous and kind of crazy that we are being offered different healthcare policies. But knowing this is a non-concessionary contract and anything that is given up will never be able to be regained in future contract negotiations. Would you rather have had both LAA/LUS members been given the current LAA healthcare? Or can it be understood allowing LUS members to keep their current policy was the only way to keep it on the table for both sides in the future?
If You Have to ask..........

Who is doing the brake riding PREZ?
This is why we all have to read the full proposal before we open our big mouths and say Vote Yes. Unfortunately it won't happen for most. If you read the full proposal then vote Yes I can say you made an educated decision. If you listen to the association without self informing then it's history repeating itself over again.

Last edited: