AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

My opinion on swamt, stfu already, there’s another page on here for amfa. Go there and post all you want, this is the negotiations page.
Is this you P. Rez tearing up the AMFA constitution? Kida like what Pelosi did with the Trump speech.

tear-out-clipart-14.jpg

And there is a page for anything and everything you want to discuss regarding amfa.
I agree.
Thanks for posting Pat and I must say the TA seems to far surpass United. My interest in the pension is not much but it is what it is and our retirement will be better with this ta.
That said, the highlight sheet says iam pension based on total pay. That sounds better than based on a single unit at top out. However, if the pension is truly based on total pay, as opposed to top out then that would be a loss for a 3 year guy making $16.
At any rate, too many positives to vote no.
Cheers!

Trumka and Little cut a shady deal to give the 33% the negotiating power of 50% and then a member of the 33% [with the same seniority and in the same title group] has a bigger paycheck than a member of of the 66%. Sounds like fair unionism to me. There is absolutely no way to spin it as equal representation.

The TRUTH and nothin but the TRUTH!!!

Last night, I was at my oldest son’s soccer game. Behind me were two guys (maybe mid 30’s?) talking about work. One of them went on and on about the good stuff his union was doing. It was clear he was not only excited about it, but also excited to jump in and do his part.

When’s the last time the Association lit a fire like that?
Last time the association lit a fire was when they burned down the house on the corner of Union Ave and Solidarity Way.

Reactions: swamt
IAM got 5% into IAMNPF with 4% 401k match
TWU got 5% base 401k with 4% 401k match
Are you saying you have a half of 1% 401k match currently?
no im saying iam kept the pension and gained 4% on the 401k
we had a 5.5% 401k and only gained 3.5.% match.

Actually your match went down 1.5%, but the contribution went up 5%.
not very good at math i see. all things being equal the iam gained 4% we gained 3.5%. their pension remained the same and gained 4% on top of that our 401k was at 5.5% now its 9% we gained 3.5%

I care because the association is destroying unionism. It's destroying my profession. I do care about AMFA and my profession as well.
The association only cares about financial preservation for personal gains. The concept of unionism 101 drifted so far to the left that many members that came into a union work environment no longer know what a union is suppose to do for its members and the job they perform.
But you do have a seperate AMFA page to voice your opinion.I didnt.put SWAM on ignore but i stopped reading his sermons a while ago too long to hold my.intereest

Last night, I was at my oldest son’s soccer game. Behind me were two guys (maybe mid 30’s?) talking about work. One of them went on and on about the good stuff his union was doing. It was clear he was not only excited about it, but also excited to jump in and do his part.

When’s the last time the Association lit a fire like that?
Hes probably new to the job, give him time he'll get beat down

Here is all the math you need to know thus far.
AA 1 Association 0 = JCBA
Association = IAM AMT > TWU AMT
Signing bonus for AMT < full retro for AMT = we got hosed.
I can't wait to see the actual language.
And thats how you get a card signed....

not very good at math i see. all things being equal the iam gained 4% we gained 3.5%. their pension remained the same and gained 4% on top of that our 401k was at 5.5% now its 9% we gained 3.5%

We had a 5.5% company match to out 401K, that goes to 4%. (a 1.5% difference)

However, we now get a 5% contribution.

The only people getting the 5.5% before were those that also contributed at least 5 5% themselves. Now everyone gets a 5% contribution without doing anything.

Why you worried about the IAM? They pay your bills?

Question, sorry if it has already been clarified. Texas education limits me sometimes. ;)

Anyway, when a contract is signed and we (LAA) goes to Workbrain and we have two weeks pay held back, basically eating up our $3000 signing bonus, is this the same with the IAM? Or are they already there and their bonus is indeed a bonus (along with the insurance).

Why you worried about the IAM? They pay your bills?
Everything in the individual contracts has a cost. The costs divided up by within the separate contracts by the Association have glaring inequalities.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is at the top of industry pay.

Everyone got the same 2% per year, the same vacation, the same holidays, the same sick days, the same retirement, the same profit sharing formula.

Everything was the same EXCEPT the signing bonus, that's the only thing that's glaring.

Question, sorry if it has already been clarified. Texas education limits me sometimes. ;)

Anyway, when a contract is signed and we (LAA) goes to Workbrain and we have two weeks pay held back, basically eating up our $3000 signing bonus, is this the same with the IAM? Or are they already there and their bonus is indeed a bonus (along with the insurance).

The $3000 bonus is the the same bonus for both sides.

With ePays, we're paid 80 hours in advance every pay period. Going to WorkBrain, that goes away and we won't get the advance. We'll have to close out the new pay period before getting paid, so it gives the impression we didn't get paid.

What we will get, is paid every hour we worked which means at the end of the day, the $3K will be above that.

Reactions: JREwing