AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

The association could have corrected many of the issues that needed to be streamlined between the two unions. That would have placed more valuable effort and resources negotiating a real JCBA. Instead we aligned certain articles and have to waste another five plus years of our careers to work on negotiating a real JCBA which no longer will have a us and them only contractual language. What a waste of our dues, time and putting up with the dysfunctional association that was brought to us without a representational vote of our choice.

Face it, we all work for the IAM now with the TWU getting their worthless hands on some of the dues flow by becoming a complete sellout. I hope Garcia, Peterson and others do read these boards because you are nothing but worthless cowards...feel free to PM me and we can even discuss it more...how fu***** pathetic.

I’m probably a yes vote as a mechanic but I’m perplexed that this doesn’t enrage you, Like the rest of us. It’s ok to slam the association go ahead and give it a shot

I have slammed them...They had terrible communications, they shut out the representatives we elected from this process. The OT rules are a step back for the TWU, the PT ratio is worse, the Technology & Procedures language is a Trojan Horse, the Grievance language is worse for us, it ended up being 80% IAM language....

There are plenty of tangible things that are negatives. Wanting to take sometimes medical because I don't have it, isn't one of them.

Reactions: Kev3188
The association could have corrected many of the issues that needed to be streamlined between the two unions. That would have placed more valuable effort and resources negotiating a real JCBA. Instead we aligned certain articles and have to waste another five plus years of our careers to work on negotiating a real JCBA which no longer will have a us and them only contractual language. What a waste of our dues, time and putting up with the dysfunctional association that was brought to us without a representational vote of our choice.

Nailed it.

Face it, we all work for the IAM now with the TWU getting their worthless hands on some of the dues flow by becoming a complete sellout. I hope Garcia, Peterson and others do read these boards because you are nothing but worthless cowards...feel free to PM me and we can even discuss it more...how fu***** pathetic.

You all work for AA. The Association is supposed to work for you.

NYer—

I think the points you are making make sense, but are just being made in the wrong medium.

My guess is that if these same discussions were face to face, that people would at least see where you were coming from. That’s hard to do online.

Auto TA paid you in advance for hours you hadn’t worked...Workbrain is "correcting" that...call it what you want but you are paying AA back for hours you never worked...are you always this obtuse?...I don’t understand your type of stupidity but I admire your dedication to it...carry on brother.

You're not paying it back... They're not giving it to you. So you'll have to wait until the newly formed pay period ends before getting the next check.

It hurts the guy living pay check to pay check, but it doesn't take away earned income, as suggested.

That's correct! When you first started at AA you were making less. Will AA take out the lesser salary you made in advance when you first started or are they taking your current salary?

We get the advance EVERY pay period. We get paid on a Friday and that pay period also ends on a Friday, but your scheduled hours are already accounted for in the check. If you work more or less during the pay period, the adjustment is made the following pay period.

And so it goes. That's the reason you check shows "current" which is the advanced hours and "retro" which is the adjustment from the prior pay period.

You're not paying it back... They're not giving it to you. So you'll have to wait until the newly formed pay period ends before getting the next check.

It hurts the guy living pay check to pay check, but it doesn't take away earned income, as suggested.
be honest twu is now giving AA a 2 week interest free loan of their income thank to the only union in the business that is worse than the twu the glorius IAM what a pile of ****

Reactions: swamt
There are plenty of tangible things that are negatives. Wanting to take sometimes medical because I don't have it, isn't one of them.

you won't stop with this.

THE COMPANY wanted to take away lus' exclusive insurance. on two company proposals the company did away with lus insurance and catering jobs.

the disparity was described as a 'quirk' that would be addressed with the jcba. a 5 1/2 year quirk.

the fact that the assoc. was fighting behind the scenes trying to keep the disparity is enough to make one's blood boil.

lus kept their insurance and catering in 2 hubs. you paid for that, NYer. that doesn't bother you.

what bothers you is that twu dues-payers and some fair and brave iam dues-payers are pointing this out??

reshuffle the money. reshuffle the total package.

NYer—

I think the points you are making make sense, but are just being made in the wrong medium.

My guess is that if these same discussions were face to face, that people would at least see where you were coming from. That’s hard to do online.

Most of the time people have already decided what they want to believe so anything else brought to the conversation is twisted in a way to allow their preferred reasoning to win out. We've lost objectivity because want out preferred feelings to win out 100% of the time.

Company is bad 100% of the time
Association is bad 100% of the time
AMFA is good 100% of the time

Reactions: swamt
Float around social media a bit, you will see Samuelsen is proudly spewing how the TWU stop all the outsourcing AA wanted to do and how they nailed down a industry leading contract....

be honest twu is now giving AA a 2 week interest free loan of their income thank to the only union in the business that is worse than the twu the glorius IAM what a pile of ****

That doesn't even make sense

Float around social media a bit, you will see Samuelsen is proudly spewing how the TWU stop all the outsourcing AA wanted to do and how they nailed down a industry leading contract....

sell...sell...sell