AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

NYer—

I think the points you are making make sense, but are just being made in the wrong medium.

My guess is that if these same discussions were face to face, that people would at least see where you were coming from. That’s hard to do online.

totally disagree.

his point is lump the 2020-2025 disparity, after lumping the 2014-2020 disparity.

unacceptable.

Reactions: AA-MRO.COM
you won't stop with this.

THE COMPANY wanted to take away lus' exclusive insurance. on two company proposals the company did away with lus insurance and catering jobs.

the disparity was described as a 'quirk' that would be addressed with the jcba. a 5 1/2 year quirk.

the fact that the assoc. was fighting behind the scenes trying to keep the disparity is enough to make one's blood boil.

lus kept their insurance and catering in 2 hubs. you paid for that, NYer. that doesn't bother you.

what bothers you is that twu dues-payers and some fair and brave iam dues-payers are pointing this out??

reshuffle the money. reshuffle the total package.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't get enraged by other but getting something taken away. Why in the world would I want job losses and insurance losses for others, just for the sake of some supposed parity.

He's the important point. Even if, I entertained being enraged, voting no on this deal, because of that singular point, hurts ME more than accepting it. It make no logical sense to vote no on something that will allow the disparity to continue anyway.

Another point. If you vote no and the medical is taken off the JCBA, you actually believe you can have that pass while trying to overcome 7,000 IAM Members voting No?

Pick your battles. Mow your own lawn, stop worrying about the neighbors weeds.

Float around social media a bit, you will see Samuelsen is proudly spewing how the TWU stop all the outsourcing AA wanted to do and how they nailed down a industry leading contract....

it goes back to parker. parker/isom are the parents, assoc. is babysitter and we are the kids.

the babysitters want to reward one favorite kid over the other.

up to parker to put his foot down. have to make it known that parker's aa is all for compensatory disparity and 'equal' workers earning different compensation.

we had to get a mediator to decide seniority, we need a company ceo to step in and stop a union money-grab. unbelievable.

Reactions: Kev3188
totally disagree.

his point is lump the 2020-2025 disparity, after lumping the 2014-2020 disparity.

unacceptable.

Yeah. Because voting against yourself fixes the disparity. Right? It'll be fixed?

Then the 7,000 IAM will help vote it in. That's the plan?

There are so many other reasons to not like the agreement but everyone focuses on what others have. Voting on a contract with envy is corrosive.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't get enraged by other but getting something taken away. Why in the world would I want job losses and insurance losses for others, just for the sake of some supposed parity.

that parity would be much more per hour and a bigger bonus (masked retro?) FOR ALL.

it's not like i want all of us at delta +0.

Yeah. Because voting against yourself fixes the disparity. Right? It'll be fixed?

Then the 7,000 IAM will help vote it in. That's the plan?

There are so many other reasons to not like the agreement but everyone focuses on what others have. Voting on a contract with envy is corrosive.

7,000 IAM + 1 former twu president.

that parity would be much more per hour and a bigger bonus (masked retro?) FOR ALL.

it's not like i want all of us at delta +0.

OK. So you want us to get paid more per hour because the IAM keeps their medical a little longer?

Do we give that extra raise back as the medical plans get eliminated? You know to bring us back down to parity.

OK. So you want us to get paid more per hour because the IAM keeps their medical a little longer?

Do we give that extra raise back as the medical plans get eliminated? You know to bring us back down to parity.

what extra raise? the company proposed eliminating lus insurance and catering.

for fleet, do you believe the company wanted that AND delta +0??

why wasn't the assoc. interested in delta +3%, a higher bonus FOR ALL in exchange??

the fact that the AMTs are southwest +3% wages along with delta profit sharing proves that fleet's delta profit sharing DID NOT cost delta +3% wages.

He's the important point. Even if, I entertained being enraged, voting no on this deal, because of that singular point, hurts ME more than accepting it. It make no logical sense to vote no on something that will allow the disparity to continue anyway.

Another point. If you vote no and the medical is taken off the JCBA, you actually believe you can have that pass while trying to overcome 7,000 IAM Members voting No?

Often, you neighbor’s weeds become your own...

what extra raise? the company proposed eliminating lus insurance and catering.

for fleet, do you believe the company wanted that AND delta +0??

why wasn't the assoc. interested in delta +3%, a higher bonus FOR ALL in exchange??

the fact that the AMTs are southwest +3% wages along with delta profit sharing proves that fleet's delta profit sharing DID NOT cost delta +3% wages.

Well maybe they feel maint is more important than fleet.
Not that I would agree that but they are the ones who requires a license and such.
I’ve said from the beginning I would have preferred the higher wages over PS but the PS won out.
It won’t keep me from a yes vote though

Don’t really give a crap they keep the medical. But what did we give up to pay for it.

I know...AMFA...AMFA... yawn...AMFA....AMFZzzzzzzz
So now no argument about ILC. Glad that is settled.
Again, you guys just can't help yourselves but to continue pointing out how AMFA would be better, thank you finally realizing.

Float around social media a bit, you will see Samuelsen is proudly spewing how the TWU stop all the outsourcing AA wanted to do and how they nailed down a industry leading contract....

He backed himself into a corner. Of course he’s gonna try and swing his way out of it!

totally disagree.

unacceptable.

My point isn’t to agree/disagree with him; I’m only saying that people would be quicker to at least see where he’s coming from if it was an in person discussion. That’s it.

it goes back to parker. parker/isom are the parents, assoc. is babysitter and we are the kids.

the babysitters want to reward one favorite kid over the other.

up to parker to put his foot down. have to make it known that parker's aa is all for compensatory disparity and 'equal' workers earning different compensation.

we had to get a mediator to decide seniority, we need a company ceo to step in and stop a union money-grab. unbelievable.

+1

The Association is horribly patronizing and patriarchal. I would find that very insulting. It’s the opposite of how I was taught labor Ian supposed to work.

That's the way it's suppose to work, that's not reality at the moment...we are the TWU who obviously works for Sito.
I think you get my point...

Totally get it.