AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Most of the time people have already decided what they want to believe so anything else brought to the conversation is twisted in a way to allow their preferred reasoning to win out. We've lost objectivity because want out preferred feelings to win out 100% of the time.

Company is bad 100% of the time
Association is bad 100% of the time
AMFA is good 100% of the time
I knew you would finally get it. I am proud of you NY'er!!!

sell...sell...sell
Of course they have to sell, sell, sell. No one really WANTS to buy it, therefore they will have to work hard at selling it. Pretty sad when they are recommending it, but they still have to get out there and work their a$$es off in order to sell it to the membership.

Well maybe they feel maint is more important than fleet.
Not that I would agree that but they are the ones who requires a license and such.
I’ve said from the beginning I would have preferred the higher wages over PS but the PS won out.
It won’t keep me from a yes vote though

you have every right to vote 'yes'.

i disagree about the lack of wages & bonus for fleet are due to profit sharing. AMTs and stores prove my argument.

lack of wages and bonus for fleet stem from something else covered here.

Float around social media a bit, you will see Samuelsen is proudly spewing how the TWU stop all the outsourcing AA wanted to do and how they nailed down a industry leading contract....
That fool damaged the situation with his ignorance. His photo with the bus drivers speaks 1000 words. For him to shoot his mouth about an ILC is actually funny considering his role in preventing it.

you have every right to vote 'yes'.

i disagree about the lack of wages & bonus for fleet are due to profit sharing. AMTs and stores prove my argument.

lack of wages and bonus for fleet stem from something else covered here.
The LUS insurance is a big part yes, forgot that part

i got this from a twu steward who has had a huge interest in insurance. the figures he got he believes are from the assoc., pointing out the disparity last year or 2018 and it was posted on union bulletin boards.

this was when the assoc. was telling us they were fighting for all on lus insurance and just how outrageously expensive the laa insurance was in comparison.

i believe most have an idea of the numbers, some were shocked at the gravity of the disparity and unfairness.

single, middle (core) insurance plan:

laa $1.07/hr cost, $186.68 per month
lus $0.18/hr cost, $31.49 per month

family, middle (core) insurance plan:

laa $3.76/hr cost, $653.38 per month
lus $0.61/hr cost, $106.49 per month

when he told me a lus bag agent with 30 years on a family plan will be $30,000+ richer ($500+ a month x 60 months) over 5 years than a laa FSC with 30 years on a family plan - thanks to sito's deceit and garcia's malfeasance..i didn't believe him until he pulled the numbers.

this isn't even counting the disparity favoring lus with insurance numbers from 2014-now, the holidays/holiday pay rates/sk days.

as mentioned, i will vote no.
Here is the method the association used to calculate the AA vs US health insurance plans.
Satire of course, or is it? Uhmmmm?

you won't stop with this.

THE COMPANY wanted to take away lus' exclusive insurance. on two company proposals the company did away with lus insurance and catering jobs.

the disparity was described as a 'quirk' that would be addressed with the jcba. a 5 1/2 year quirk.

the fact that the assoc. was fighting behind the scenes trying to keep the disparity is enough to make one's blood boil.

lus kept their insurance and catering in 2 hubs. you paid for that, NYer. that doesn't bother you.

what bothers you is that twu dues-payers and some fair and brave iam dues-payers are pointing this out??

reshuffle the money. reshuffle the total package.

Why in the world would it bother me that someone didn't lose their medical or their positions?

I thought they'd lose their medical sooner, rather than having sunset dates but to outright call for them to lose it simply because I don't have it isn't in my DNA.

what extra raise? the company proposed eliminating lus insurance and catering.

for fleet, do you believe the company wanted that AND delta +0??

why wasn't the assoc. interested in delta +3%, a higher bonus FOR ALL in exchange??

the fact that the AMTs are southwest +3% wages along with delta profit sharing proves that fleet's delta profit sharing DID NOT cost delta +3% wages.

Oh please. The Company "supposal" had 3% above DL and the 5% PS pool...We end up even with Delta and a 10% PS pool.

It's really simple.

Vote Yes and save the association from the lawsuit. That's my opinion.
The association will show good faith to the company by recommending a YES vote to the membership.
We will see what happens after the votes are counted and probably will have a JCBA but not a ILC as promised.

Time to sign an AMFA card, one union one voice........thats what the rhetoric use to be from the TWU when talking of FSCs and AMTs together.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
I believe we should vote this TA in, as it has been proven under the TWU representation the mechs of AA will not get the representation we deserve. The 2010 TA was not a great deal and it was voted down to make a point, well that point has cost us in excess of $65k each and AA was given whatever concessions they wanted anyway for free.

I'm guessing we would be put on hold again if we turn down the TA, while the APA and APFA negotiate their contracts which according to history will take years, Remember it took us 17 years to get this TA. With recession over the horizon, (just a guess because fed lowers interest rates, trillion dollar deficits, high debt, USA will shortly be paying more on debt interest rates then we spend on military, the world shutting off China because of coronavirus) none of that is positive for the economy......anyway we would be negotiating a contract in that environment.

I choose to look at this way, what's in my wallet and how does it effect me, and be happy for IAM guys that they keep their beloved healthcare for 5 years. Remember the association wasn't fighting for ALL association members to get IAM/USAirways healthcare.

I'm willing to believe this is the best deal the association negotiators could get from AA. On a positive note, Samuelson had to fight both AA and the IAM, and neither IAM or AA I'm guessing cared if the TWU represented mechs got a contract, as the IAM had everything already and AA had cross utilization with outstanding performance with the majority of mechs being paid like B scalers.

Who would of thought...

The agreement could also resolve the outstanding issue of whether the unions should pay sanctions to American Airlines Group Inc. (Nasdaq: AAL) for the financial damage their actions caused last summer.

Before the tentative agreement was announced last week, a hearing in a Fort Worth federal court room was scheduled for Feb. 18 to determine whether the unions should be sanctioned for a work slowdown last summer that caused hundreds of flight cancellations and long delays for American.

But after the tentative contract agreement was announced, the hearing was pushed back to May 11. That extra time leaves room for the issue potentially to be resolved, said a labor expert.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...nes-sanctions-delay.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Vote Yes and save the association from the lawsuit. That's my opinion.
The association will show good faith to the company by recommending a YES vote to the membership.
We will see what happens after the votes are counted and probably will have a JCBA but not a ILC as promised.
the lawsuit has been delayed until May.....

Who would of thought...

The agreement could also resolve the outstanding issue of whether the unions should pay sanctions to American Airlines Group Inc. (Nasdaq: AAL) for the financial damage their actions caused last summer.

Before the tentative agreement was announced last week, a hearing in a Fort Worth federal court room was scheduled for Feb. 18 to determine whether the unions should be sanctioned for a work slowdown last summer that caused hundreds of flight cancellations and long delays for American.

But after the tentative contract agreement was announced, the hearing was pushed back to May 11. That extra time leaves room for the issue potentially to be resolved, said a labor expert.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...nes-sanctions-delay.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

In other words vote no and turn down the offer and the lawsuit will be in play.
I’m sure that’s just about what was said last week in the room when the AIP was agreed to