AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

That is what you are doing. Is it not?

Easy NO vote for me.

Don't urinate on my lower extremities and tell me that it is precipitating.

Haven't told anyone how to vote, that's up to them, even if it's self destructive.

i havent read any language but word has it the LUS will retain thier medical. Are the twu mebers getting any kind of monetary compensation for the extra cost associted with our more exspensive medical ????
If not I hope every twu member shows thier appreciation once this contract is voted in.....

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't get enraged by other but getting something taken away. Why in the world would I want job losses and insurance losses for others, just for the sake of some supposed parity.

He's the important point. Even if, I entertained being enraged, voting no on this deal, because of that singular point, hurts ME more than accepting it. It make no logical sense to vote no on something that will allow the disparity to continue anyway.

Another point. If you vote no and the medical is taken off the JCBA, you actually believe you can have that pass while trying to overcome 7,000 IAM Members voting No?

Pick your battles. Mow your own lawn, stop worrying about the neighbors weeds.
Said in tru Vulcan fashion

That's the way it's suppose to work, that's not reality at the moment...we are the TWU who obviously works for Sito.
I think you get my point...
You dont seem as angry as the day of the anouncement maybe by the time the vote comes along youll say f@@k it and vote yes

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't get enraged by other but getting something taken away. Why in the world would I want job losses and insurance losses for others, just for the sake of some supposed parity.

He's the important point. Even if, I entertained being enraged, voting no on this deal, because of that singular point, hurts ME more than accepting it. It make no logical sense to vote no on something that will allow the disparity to continue anyway.

Another point. If you vote no and the medical is taken off the JCBA, you actually believe you can have that pass while trying to overcome 7,000 IAM Members voting No?

Pick your battles. Mow your own lawn, stop worrying about the neighbors weeds.

that is the TWU every loaf of bread costs the same mentality.
spoken like a true Associatiom member

You dont seem as angry as the day of the anouncement maybe by the time the vote comes along youll say f@@k it and vote yes
Like you AL, I'm 60 and this will be my last. Unfortunately I will vote yes and take what's offered. Funny thing is, not much will be said about my yes vote because they understand and most will be a yes vote as well. But, again I'm voting yes, if something was in there about 50% part time or more outsourcing, I would get hammered for voting yes even though right now I'm 60 and most understand...if you get my drift...you're texting buddy would be first in line. :)

Said in tru Vulcan fashion

VulcanSalute.jpg

Haven't told anyone how to vote, that's up to them, even if it's self destructive.

I contend that it is self destructive behavior for the association to accept an agreement in principle that compensates members of the same work groups at different levels based on which union they are members of..

I will still be around and survive (not destroyed) if this proposal passes or does not. I can't say the same for the association.

Last edited:
you have every right to vote 'yes'.

i disagree about the lack of wages & bonus for fleet are due to profit sharing. AMTs and stores prove my argument.

lack of wages and bonus for fleet stem from something else covered here.

For all the other work groups outside of the M&R Class & Craft, I read and hear that some, maybe all, are unhappy with what the other groups got.
Well that is the reason why the M&R group wants to move on from the Association. We have tried many times but due to circumstances beyond our control we have come up short. If you believe that the TWU has sold you out then do something about it. There are other Unions in the industry that you can approach and ask how to get a card drive of your own started.

Ask how to decertify the Association since they are AA's ground workers bargaining unit. Contact the NMB.
Look back at the contracts of the past you will see that there is/has been many disparities between the work groups.

Even within the M&R class and craft, there was Tulsa Base vers the Line, Title 1 vers Title 2,. We within M&R are working together to change that.

Each work group, Pilots, F/A, are seperate here at AA, that is what the Mechanics want. It has Nothing to do with you. It's that we want to get are own PIE
at the table. We want to choose who is at the bargaining table to give us that. We want a Union that will get M&R the best deal for us.

As UNION members we should support the other UNIONs on the property. Support what they get and ask the bargaining unit that represents your particular group why they did not get that for you. Do you ask the same questions about what the F/A get? Or The Pilots? You may not like what they get but they did their homework to remove the bargaining unit that wasn't working for them. They also wanted to be able to remove the TOP person of the Union. The ATD is just a small part of the TWU, and Samuelson is at the top of the TWU which for the most part is bus drivers and railway workers. Shutting down the train and bus system in NY is one thing stopping AA a global Airline is another. His Video hurt the TWU represented workers.

Vote the way that works the best for YOU, just ask your fellow workers to do the same VOTE...Read the fine print so the TWU won't come back and say they can do that brother.