AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

SWA has always ran lean and mean from day one. Although with the recent IG released reports and the FAA's investigations, pretty sure SWA will be adding headcount to have a better mechanic/aircraft ratio then what they have had in the past. FAA has stated that we are a bit low in that respect and they were concerned about it. PS is paid out to "all" eligible employees that were hired by at least Jan 1 2019 and tallied a minimum 1000 hours on the books. So that PS is spread amongst over 60K employees, not just the mechanics.
No, the mechanics in El Salvador do not get any of SWA PS rewards. You have to be an eligible SWA "employee".
Correction; El Salvador mechanics DO NOT do most of the work on our planes. They are only doing a few lines currently and not allowed any more than the eight lines that were lost to United's low-low bid to underbid SWA's and take over those eight slots in the states. They actually do a very small part. The other 80-90% of maint is done in the United States by FAA certified and licensed mechanics.
Just wanted to clear that misinformation up quickly.
But in reality, yes we did get 6 weeks pay added to our PS accounts. May I ask what yours was???
Let you know in a few years with my 401k match vs. yours....

spin,spin,spin. and the cards keep coming.
How is it spin? If ratified the 100% IAM plan will go away this year (can't undo the current year of coverage,) the 90% IAM plan will go away the end of next and the remaining 80% IAM plan is equal to the LAA plan but the latter has better coverage....And all new hires regardless of union affiliation will only be offered the LAA plan. You can't spin facts.

So you think we should the ASS back to the table? I think you aren’t seeing reality

Honestly? At this point I am not sure. Especially with this asso. at the helm.
I am most definitely against the non full retro and lacking bonus offer. The pay raises are just ok, but not IL. The outgoing years are not even average for inflation. Now don't get me wrong, but at this point and time, there are more negatives than positives. But we also don't have all the info. So right now at this point I would be a NO vote. That's just me. I most def. need more details before making such a decision as to rather I would send this union back to the table. I do understand your questioning of sending this asso. back, but, usually the nego cmte would be replaced if a big NO vote came down the pike. Our Pilots and F/A's do this as we did partially and the co. side also replaced all of them as well. Not sure how that would play out in this case.
Remember iluvaa, I have no vote in this offer at AA, so pls remember that. I am simply giving an opinion on what I would do. Also remember that I am not one of those IGM'ers nor will I just vote to take the money because it's been so long. I was in hopes that the AA mechanics would get an ILC as to help keep the momentum going for the good mechanics contracts or offers in Delta's case. I was also hoping that the mechanics would have outpaced us at the end of their new contract, but they do not as it appears at this time. I still have not seen hard numbers where the mechs will end up at DOS--yearly hard raises---and all in rate at end of contract 5 years or whatever length it is. This way the next group up for their next contract has the next stepping stone to compare to, which i think will be United's mechs.
I'm sorry for dancing around your question a bit, but it would be extremely hard for me to vote to send this weak asso back to the table.
My biggest want is to see the mechs at AA get rid of this asso. and bring AMFA in rather a NO or a YES vote happens.

V.O., If what you say is true in general about IAM, Maintenance and related should be signing AMFA cards in droves....In fact, all Maintenance and Related should be signing cards to rid themselves of this catastrophe called "The Association"! For ramp and stores... maybe your groups can find someone and my best to all!

V.O., If what you say is true in general about IAM, Maintenance and related should be signing AMFA cards in droves....In fact, all Maintenance and Related should be signing cards to rid themselves of this catastrophe called "The Association"! For ramp and stores... maybe your groups can find someone and my best to all!
We/they are.

Reactions: swamt
It must be so awkward when you two accidentally meet at the urinals
Indeed. Isn't that where all the "pricks" hang out?
Now that's what I call toilet humor.
458j-3iqh9ruk-3000x3000

You guys with the 1000s of posts on this forum need to get a life. If your Job with the Airlines is all you have I feel sorry for you. Divorced and lonely must SUCK.
Are you kidding?

This beats any drama on network TV. Just grab a soda (or pop if you're from the south) and some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Hell I don't even work for the airline anymore and I come here about 20 minutes a day just for the entertainment.

:D :D :D

Last edited:
Honestly? At this point I am not sure. Especially with this asso. at the helm.
I am most definitely against the non full retro and lacking bonus offer. The pay raises are just ok, but not IL. The outgoing years are not even average for inflation. Now don't get me wrong, but at this point and time, there are more negatives than positives. But we also don't have all the info. So right now at this point I would be a NO vote. That's just me. I most def. need more details before making such a decision as to rather I would send this union back to the table. I do understand your questioning of sending this asso. back, but, usually the nego cmte would be replaced if a big NO vote came down the pike. Our Pilots and F/A's do this as we did partially and the co. side also replaced all of them as well. Not sure how that would play out in this case.
Remember iluvaa, I have no vote in this offer at AA, so pls remember that. I am simply giving an opinion on what I would do. Also remember that I am not one of those IGM'ers nor will I just vote to take the money because it's been so long. I was in hopes that the AA mechanics would get an ILC as to help keep the momentum going for the good mechanics contracts or offers in Delta's case. I was also hoping that the mechanics would have outpaced us at the end of their new contract, but they do not as it appears at this time. I still have not seen hard numbers where the mechs will end up at DOS--yearly hard raises---and all in rate at end of contract 5 years or whatever length it is. This way the next group up for their next contract has the next stepping stone to compare to, which i think will be United's mechs.
I'm sorry for dancing around your question a bit, but it would be extremely hard for me to vote to send this weak asso back to the table.
My biggest want is to see the mechs at AA get rid of this asso. and bring AMFA in rather a NO or a YES vote happens.
There you go saying you would vote no on a contact you are not even apart of. Wow......just a observation

Are you kidding?

This beats any drama on network TV. Just grab a soda (or pop if your from the south) and some popcorn and enjoy the show.
:D :D :D
Just to clarify something about the South, at least my neck of the woods.

We say we want a Coke ( not pop or soda) then we specify want kind of Coke...Dr Pepper, Sprite, RC Cola etc...or yes, even “just a Coke”... ;)

There you go saying you would vote no on a contact you are not even apart of. Wow......just a observation
It’s easy to say you’d vote no when it doesn’t affect your life. I would never send the worthless ASS back to the table, thinking we would get something better. I mean think about it, this is almost the exact same proposal the company had on the table (minus all the IAM gains) that the ASS was trash 2 years ago. But now it’s awesome. Anyone that votes no to send these fools back needs a drug test

Reactions: Talos and avi
UK succeeded with Brexit.....
Now we need to succeed with ASSexit!!

another thing to think about. The ASS negotiated 5 JCBAs. I’m sure we weren’t their highest priority, which is good for everybody, BUT, since I’m forced to pay for this representation, I want to be treated like an only child like the pilots and flight attendants. I want an organization just concerned about my profession.

FSCs should want that also.

Just to clarify something about the South, at least my neck of the woods.

We say we want a Coke ( not pop or soda) then we specify want kind of Coke...Dr Pepper, Sprite, RC Cola etc...or yes, even “just a Coke”... ;)
Yes, we have people here in Tulsa that say that to. My father does but he is from Colorado. Ironically he made glass "pop bottles" before most of them went plastic. When he retired he was making beer bottles and Arizona Tea bottles.

Reactions: AANOTOK