AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Swamt i can't speak for MTR but in our presentation yesterday for fsa we were told that they are hoping to send it out by month end with a vote in early March. Also itll be a 1 day only vote. No electronic vote. The language is being written in Florida but who know how long itll be. Weve been told the Association is recommending a yes vote bec if its turned down next one will be worse. Just from what was said yesterday
I gave a disagree robbed, but not for you, just on the content within the body of your comments. I think it is complete BS to only have a "one day" vote on such an important item as your future contract and suppose to be a Jcba, but it is not. I also cannot believe it will not be electronic. So you guys were told out by end of month (Feb.) and a vote in early Mar. What ever happened to the road show? They are trying to get something through and fast. You gotta ask yourselves why and what that is?
Think about it. You guys should have an entire month to vote, period. They are trying to ramrod something through. They release all details by end of Feb., then they want a "one day in person" done in early March. Something is up here. Never heard of this in the industry before, a "one day" vote. And on top of all that they are threatening, yes threatening that if you guys do not vote it in the offer will get worse. Why would any nego put that out there? It's just scare tactics. No nego cmte, exec cmte, or any professional nego would ever put out a phase as they just did. Now I am really interested in the details. This really is pathetic representation, time for a change guys.

This all seems so counterproductive to stress to the members that this is as good as it gets. A no vote only means it will get worse. Why would anyone expect the company to negotiate in good faith if this is the mentality of the leadership and the members. I know its happened before, I know the precedent has been set. I am only asking why we vote at all? Is it really to keep membership from bitching about not getting a vote? (like that hasn't happened) This basically says to the company our negotiators will just roll over, we"ll take what you give us.
EXACTLY! Hope more will see what is really going on here.

One day voting at your station?
Uhmmmm? The corruption never stops. Presidential elections are more than one day with options for voter flexibility. Unbelievable.
If anything, they will get more cards signed if they do it that way. I am just floored they are really considering just one day to vote. When does this freakin shite stop?

I have not heard anything about a one day vote, or if you don't vote it counts has a yes vote.
I am for leaving this ASSociation. Lets not spread bullshit.

With the AMT pay scale showing "Tow - Run-up" Premium, it's safe to say the towing was retained by AMT's?
No. Not safe at all. It's just means if an AMT does perform such duties that they will get the premium. It does not say that AMT's will do the "Tow-Run-up" functions. Meaning another group could have it but AMT's would get a prem. if they were to perform it. Don't just assume it is as it seems with this fiasco asso.

If you don't vote you had better read the Association or IAM Constitution.
Why is that Buck? Is there something in there about if someone does not vote?? Just curious to your post.
I have not heard anything about a one day vote, or if you don't vote it counts has a yes vote.
We have heard this about the "one day" vote before. And it is still being told to members in their contract updated meetings at work. Some older IAM'ers are claiming that it's the norm for their side. So where in the hell was it nego to go with the "one day" IAM voting rule? Never heard a word on that one. And some on here just think things will be peachy-peachy by ASSuming...

I gave a disagree robbed, but not for you, just on the content within the body of your comments. I think it is complete BS to only have a "one day" vote on such an important item as your future contract and suppose to be a Jcba, but it is not. I also cannot believe it will not be electronic. So you guys were told out by end of month (Feb.) and a vote in early Mar. What ever happened to the road show? They are trying to get something through and fast. You gotta ask yourselves why and what that is?
Think about it. You guys should have an entire month to vote, period. They are trying to ramrod something through. They release all details by end of Feb., then they want a "one day in person" done in early March. Something is up here. Never heard of this in the industry before, a "one day" vote. And on top of all that they are threatening, yes threatening that if you guys do not vote it in the offer will get worse. Why would any nego put that out there? It's just scare tactics. No nego cmte, exec cmte, or any professional nego would ever put out a phase as they just did. Now I am really interested in the details. This really is pathetic representation, time for a change guys.
I agree. Four plus years of negotiations and now one day to vote. PATHETIC!!!
Hurry up and vote before you fully understand what you just voted on. Sign here and read later.

EXACTLY! Hope more will see what is really going on here.

Been telling everyone there is something behind the scenes where they wouldn't let the elected Local representatives anywhere near the actual negotiations. The entire process had been suspect.

No. Not safe at all. It's just means if an AMT does perform such duties that they will get the premium. It does not say that AMT's will do the "Tow-Run-up" functions. Meaning another group could have it but AMT's would get a prem. if they were to perform it. Don't just assume it is as it seems with this fiasco asso.

If the AMT's have it, no other group can do it. Therefore, the question still remains did AMTcs get language for Tows?

Again when the ASS doesn’t provide us with info all we have is rumor and innuendo.

Thats what we have heard. Early march. 1 day vote. Ive long said devil in details.

The twu has had online votes for years. Now as a wholly owned subsidary of the iam, the voting process is tilted for the desired results.
So if your sick on vacation or personel leave you dont get to vote. Sounds very democratic to me.

https://labornotes.org/2013/12/will-boeing-workers-nix-givebacks-forced-re-vote

The IAM has a history of this kind of thing. Look at how the Grand Lodge nomination process gets handled or how the Boeing ratification was held in early January 2014 for members to revote on a virtually identical proposal to one voted down 2-1 weeks earlier:

Voter Suppression
The January 3 voting date gives the whole game away: this deal is being rammed down our throats with a calculated voter suppression effort. The International scheduled the vote on a day when many, possibly thousands, of our members will not be present.

Since the IAM was able to facilitate absentee voting for forced Boeing revote, why not give the same to the Association? Or cut out an archaic and onerous requirement.

What about members living 50+ miles away who are off work on ratification day? People hospitalized, family emergencies, etc. For an organization that claims to be “family oriented” and promotes an “IAM family” you’d think they’d be more accommodating of family members and work to encourage their participation.

Josh