AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Back in the late 80's early 90's we had a vote where we voted at the local, I cannot remember if it was a contract
vote or local elections. Back then Local 514 was a single building & the membership was larger, the voting went
ok but the parking was a nightmare. It might have been the contract that the 12 year top out was abolished with
the bumps & leaps. I know that sounds crazy to anyone not with LAA at the time, but we still joke about the terminology
that was used in that contract. If anyone can remember the reason for the one-day voting at the local let us know.

I have not heard anything about a one day vote, or if you don't vote it counts has a yes vote.
I am for leaving this ASSociation. Lets not spread bullshit.
We at least fleet wise been told a no vote is a no vote. No show vote is not considered.

Swamt i feel the worse is yet to come. Just a matter of how bad itll be. The old saying...if its too good to be true then it must not be true

Here is something that is not a rumor.
Our bonus was going to be 12k, but Samuelson Alex and GP negotiated for the injunction to go away and use half of the bonus the co was willing to give..
This leak came from the company...

Our bonus was going to be 12k, but Samuelson Alex and GP negotiated for the injunction to go away and use half of the bonus the co was willing to give..
Oh well isn’t that special
Thanks for nothing

Was that 12K for all groups? If so thats royally f..k.d up big time

you know, not to ass kiss you mechanics, but I know your nature is to help, and to fix things. And that's why I knew the ruling by the judge was not well researched or informed, but Phat Fug, who wasn' t replaced and begs everyone to do their job led to Judge, who based his decisions based on a lone idiot and phat fugs performance. which, Doug took advantage of the mechanics have saved the operation more than anyone on the ramp, cockpit, management includeded. LAA was great when it run right with a lot help from bottom up. Now that it is run completely top down, its an operation disaster, but since fares now keep up with inflation, it hides the deficiency. My belief is Trumka is a sociopath, and is terroizing the Twu. And Doug's got to put an end to keeping everyone divided, because it does not work to his favor operationally .Twu just has non educated people leading us.

Reactions: 2ndGENAMT
The twu has had online votes for years. Now as a wholly owned subsidary of the iam, the voting process is tilted for the desired results.
So if your sick on vacation or personel leave you dont get to vote. Sounds very democratic to me.
To make it worse a couple of times we had the vote in the back of a bar in Jackson Heights Queens.Sorry no Lone Star

I have not heard anything about a one day vote, or if you don't vote it counts has a yes vote.
I am for leaving this ASSociation. Lets not spread bullshit.
If you dont vote your vote of course isnt counted but in the past the voting has been one day

Why is that Buck? Is there something in there about if someone does not vote?? Just curious to your post.

We have heard this about the "one day" vote before. And it is still being told to members in their contract updated meetings at work. Some older IAM'ers are claiming that it's the norm for their side. So where in the hell was it nego to go with the "one day" IAM voting rule? Never heard a word on that one. And some on here just think things will be peachy-peachy by ASSuming...

While not affiliated, the Teamsters approximately 2 years ago had a contract vote where only 44% turned out and the union has a clause that allows them to ratify the agreement do to low participation...

We at least fleet wise been told a no vote is a no vote. No show vote is not considered.

Swamt i feel the worse is yet to come. Just a matter of how bad itll be. The old saying...if its too good to be true then it must not be true
Exactly what I have been saying robbed.

Did you think any different???