AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Isn't it kind of suspicious that all of a sudden the TWU is not commenting or updating the members on the voting process. At first they said electronic voting will be the norm. Then word got out system wide that it will be the IAM way. The TWU went mum on this. So pathetic from a labor organization that's suppose to look out and represent its members.
The silence pretty much says it all, they were steamrolled...I mean rolled over. It will all come out in the union meeting we are told. Yeah, the day before the vote. Sorry I'm so negative.

Well sheet,,, they should just approve the thing, sign it and get it implemented, forget the frekin vote.... waste of time...

I can see MTR switch unions but for Fleet it will never occur. With this T/A for fleet wise at least at my station its mixed. Some new hires stated to me theyll vote due to money...i told them to read scope in its entirety b4 the money. Guess we will see how it winds up

The silence pretty much says it all, they were steamrolled...I mean rolled over. It will all come out in the union meeting we are told. Yeah, the day before the vote. Sorry I'm so negative.
The contract is online. Myself and a few others reviewed it.
The language was a bit disappointing and I think the union bosses will have to dodge bullets (metaphor) but i still think the Fleet contract is worth a strong yes. If it were a baseball game, i would say we win 5-3 or 5-4. A win but given the economic boom its still disappointing. Even the 2% raises were incredibly annoying if looking at a single item. But me keeping my healthcare is a strong credit to Sito. Ill give credit where its due.
Voting no means that you want a rain out, start all over, and you think we will get some more homeruns against the company. I dont have that much faith in our starting pitcher. A win is a win. Take it.
I did hear that mx coughed up some things but i have no idea.

The language was a bit disappointing and I think the union bosses will have to dodge bullets (metaphor) but i still think the Fleet contract is worth a strong yes. If it were a baseball game, i would say we win 5-3 or 5-4. A win but given the economic boom its still disappointing. Even the 2% raises were incredibly annoying if looking at a single item. But me keeping my healthcare is a strong credit to Sito. Ill give credit where its due.
Voting no means that you want a rain out, start all over, and you think we will get some more homeruns against the company. I dont have that much faith in our starting pitcher. A win is a win. Take it.
You were saying 80% on Fleet...
What happen Tim!?!?

My post was about the voting process, and the lack of hearing anything from the TWU. I don't give a **** about how you're gonna vote, or how you feel about he proposal..

I hope your healthcare is not expensive...

I can see MTR switch unions but for Fleet it will never occur. With this T/A for fleet wise at least at my station its mixed. Some new hires stated to me theyll vote due to money...i told them to read scope in its entirety b4 the money. Guess we will see how it winds up
Robbed Again, Here at AA its has always been about the money, we'll get next time. Get the $$$ now. No matter how JOB Scope affects current and future employees. AA always lowers the Bar for the Industry. That is why for M&R it is time for us to get a Bargaining unit that will just represent US. NOT worry about dues and headcount like the TWU/IAM/IBT.

Robbed Again, Here at AA its has always been about the money, we'll get next time. Get the $$$ now. No matter how JOB Scope affects current and future employees. AA always lowers the Bar for the Industry. That is why for M&R it is time for us to get a Bargaining unit that will just represent US. NOT worry about dues and headcount like the TWU/IAM/IBT.
I dont fault u sir. I wish u luck n hope it all works out. Its pretty sad that people look solely at money. I having been furloughed in mid 2000s n recalled forced me to wake up n that is what i tell people n i tell em "you must look at scope as its ur job security n future" " its easy for company to dangle carrot in ur face (ie..money)" but people dont want to listen. Its time we stop setting bar low. But its lil late im afraid

Reactions: swamt
I dont fault u sir. I wish u luck n hope it all works out. Its pretty sad that people look solely at money. I having been furloughed in mid 2000s n recalled forced me to wake up n that is what i tell people n i tell em "you must look at scope as its ur job security n future" " its easy for company to dangle carrot in ur face (ie..money)" but people dont want to listen. Its time we stop setting bar low. But its lil late im afraid
Yes I agree on the money. Everytime a new proposal comes out most skip right over to the payscale section. After a contract is voted in then the devil comes out of the ground. This JCBA will be no different.

Yes I agree on the money. Everytime a new proposal comes out most skip right over to the payscale section. After a contract is voted in then the devil comes out of the ground. This JCBA will be no different.
1AA,, I agree that this JCBA is going to pass, I'm a NO just because, but many will want the $$$ and then say I didn't know they can do that? It has been this way forever. I hope that at your station you attempt to get the membership to concentrate on the full version. At least vote either for or against but don't just let whatever happen. Then WHINE for the next 5 yrs.

Going out on a limb here I assume you are LUS, if you are here at AA maybe you can aide the AMFA organizers at your station to get the LUS guys to sign cards

Reactions: Duke787
I think many will look at the money I know based on what I see it is improvements for sure in many areas not just wages.
Is it IL no probably not but when it gets right down to it I and others just don’t trust these guys to go back and get a better deal
Especially since it would take at least another year for that and that to me equates to a loss

Latest posts