AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

People are poor :( they need $ now. Until you allow yourself to truly vote on representation contractual work rules will continue to be decimated via your bosses, my two sense

I dont fault u sir. I wish u luck n hope it all works out. Its pretty sad that people look solely at money. I having been furloughed in mid 2000s n recalled forced me to wake up n that is what i tell people n i tell em "you must look at scope as its ur job security n future" " its easy for company to dangle carrot in ur face (ie..money)" but people dont want to listen. Its time we stop setting bar low. But its lil late im afraid

i respect your feelings, but me personally...i don't even need to review scope.

usually, people vote their pocketbooks, i'm the same way on this contract. i find it chintzy at the most important levels, the 5% 401k auto is the most generous the company came up for laa.

i can't get past the money. no vote.

the CS scammers found out the 1929 stock market panic was for nothing. 64 CSO your regular shift over 26 weeks.

I guess the selling of the contract started.
They did not get anything new for us just bankruptcy reinstatements.
My non-english speaking neighbor could have done way better.
Samuelson if you reads these blogs. Go **** yourself and your thug acting ways....
I feel better now.

This contract is going to pass no matter what happens. It's about saving the TWU International treasure chest. Vote yes or no or not at all it will pass.
We as union members will pay the price. All you need to do is read the contract language when its available.
The importance of union leadership keeping their big, fat street thug mouth quiet in open, public forums.
Now we pay and they won't be held accountable.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2020/02/06/american-airlines-sanctions-delay.html

I think many will look at the money I know based on what I see it is improvements for sure in many areas not just wages.
Is it IL no probably not but when it gets right down to it I and others just don’t trust these guys to go back and get a better deal
Especially since it would take at least another year for that and that to me equates to a loss
A year???
Sounds like your still trying to sell your yes vote to yourself.
Anyone that can say their a yes vote without even seeing the full contract and just the bullet points is a car salesman’s dream customer.

The contract is online. Myself and a few others reviewed it.
The language was a bit disappointing and I think the union bosses will have to dodge bullets (metaphor) but i still think the Fleet contract is worth a strong yes. If it were a baseball game, i would say we win 5-3 or 5-4. A win but given the economic boom its still disappointing. Even the 2% raises were incredibly annoying if looking at a single item. But me keeping my healthcare is a strong credit to Sito. Ill give credit where its due.
Voting no means that you want a rain out, start all over, and you think we will get some more homeruns against the company. I dont have that much faith in our starting pitcher. A win is a win. Take it.
I did hear that mx coughed up some things but i have no idea.

IGM, bullet point Yes voter.

Isn't it kind of suspicious that all of a sudden the TWU is not commenting or updating the members on the voting process. At first they said electronic voting will be the norm. Then word got out system wide that it will be the IAM way. The TWU went mum on this. So pathetic from a labor organization that's suppose to look out and represent its members.

Stuff your paper ballot in a 55 gal. 2380 oil drum.
"The union recommends a Yes vote"
"The vote passed by 50+ 1%."
"They were tough negotiators."
"Our backs were against the wall."
"They had a gun to our heads."
"You voted for it, brother."
"They can do that now, brother."
Rinse and repeat.................

This contract is going to pass no matter what happens. It's about saving the TWU International treasure chest. Vote yes or no or not at all it will pass.
We as union members will pay the price. All you need to do is read the contract language when its available.
The importance of union leadership keeping their big, fat street thug mouth quiet in open, public forums.
Now we pay and they won't be held accountable.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2020/02/06/american-airlines-sanctions-delay.html
I agree that the contract will pass. The IAM guys will all vote for it. Can't blame them as they got the better deal. I still think the TWU and IAM will pay a high price for their disgraceful actions by the mechanics leaving the Association. I'm rooting for them to leave as there is no telling what other disgraceful ideas they have to work against the membership such as telling you which part of the Association they want you in. I don't think there is any trust for the TWU doing anything for the membership. People wondering how they can sell us out again.

Reactions: swamt
I agree that the contract will pass. The IAM guys will all vote for it. Can't blame them as they got the better deal. I still think the TWU and IAM will pay a high price for their disgraceful actions by the mechanics leaving the Association. I'm rooting for them to leave as there is no telling what other disgraceful ideas they have to work against the membership such as telling you which part of the Association they want you in. I don't think there is any trust for the TWU doing anything for the membership. People wondering how they can sell us out again.
They keept telling us all along it was difficult to merge two contracts, thats what the hold up was. You would think all the language would be cleaned up by now. They keep delaying informational meetings for the vp's because they are not ready.
First what have they been doing for 4 years? If its the iam contract...
Second what are you trying to hide in the details?

We are closer then they think..

I guess the selling of the contract started.
They did not get anything new for us just bankruptcy reinstatements.
My non-english speaking neighbor could have done way better.
Samuelson if you reads these blogs. Go **** yourself and your thug acting ways....
I feel better now.
Which leads me to ask, how the hell can they call this industry leading contract if it's only a restore of item's (and not all items) from BK? Matter fact it is less than a restore. Didn't you guys use to have 7 weeks vac.? And what about the sick bank? I could go on with more but most get it...

Which leads me to ask, how the hell can they call this industry leading contract if it's only a restore of item's (and not all items) from BK? Matter fact it is less than a restore. Didn't you guys use to have 7 weeks vac.? And what about the sick bank? I could go on with more but most get it...

As a US fleet, I’ve never had more than 5 weeks of vacation.
We added 3 holidays up to 10 which is a restore from many years ago.
We got differential pay back which has been gone for 20 or so years.
Maybe it’s not ILC but it seems pretty equal to our peers.
Now had one of the Ass leaders not run his mouth on video or some people not done a slowdown, and don’t give me the crap it never happened, well there must be some evidence or the judge wouldn’t ruled in favor of AA.
Maybe this would have been a better deal but we were dealing with a bunch of clueless negotiators and well this is what we have so it is what it is